( search forums )
"I Kick Barret Assaulters" Server
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
kevith
March 5, 2004, 6:57 pm
I've been running this apparently controversial server for about a week and I think it's great. If you're tired of people running around while shooting off their barrets, this is the server for you. When the server is running I try to have an admin playing/watching as often as possible (usually me) to enforce the rules:

1. No shooting the barret while moving.
2. Barret should only be used while "camping" and/or defending.
3. You will always be warned at least once before you are kicked (I don't like to kick people... but it happens).
4. (More of a guideline really) Don't whine about the rules. The rules will be enforced so if you don't like them, don't play in the server.

Warning: If you get yourslef kicked for barret-abuse, all on the server will openly mock your inability to effectively-play-Soldat-without-running-with-your-precious-barret once you have left the server.

Have fun!

Tha Doggfather
March 5, 2004, 7:06 pm
just disable it. or do you want to be special?

SuperKill
March 5, 2004, 7:25 pm
have fun playing with soldiers

BManx2000
March 5, 2004, 7:36 pm
Why do I have a strong urge to keep going on your server and assault with the barret and keep changing my IP address when you ban me?

ANYWAY... So by saying "no barret assaulters allowed", you are also saying "barret snipers are okay"? But does it not make sense that if a sniper is forced to assault, that he should use the barret? Or would he be forced to duel the player(s) which he is assaulting only with his socom? I don't get it.

kevith
March 5, 2004, 7:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by Tha Doggfather
just disable it. or do you want to be special?
*sigh* I debated whether I should have explained this or not in my initial post. The barret has its place. I do not want it completely removed from the server. I feel that its place is sniping which involves camping, defending, and not moving. Removing it goes too far and it is still fun for the non-barreters to play if the barret is used in this manner. I feel this is the happy medium. The only problem is people who insist on barret-assaulting despite the rules/warnings... and they get kicked. Most people tend to police themselves.

quote:Originally posted by SuperKill
have fun playing with soldiers
Well, if only "soldiers" play, at least it will be fun. However, the server has been consistently full and with very few "soldiers." I've been running this for about a week in the evenings and for the most part I have received a very positive response. Needless to say, I don't really ever expect to see you in the server, SuperKill, but you are welcome as long as you follow the rules.

P.S. I can offer my own observation about how it seems your "soldiers" usually seem to be the ones who insist on barret-assaulting because of their apparent lack of developing any other Soldat ability... but that is for another thread.

BManx2000: I guess that's the danger of picking the barret as your weapon. You are committing yourself to a certain style of play until you pick up a second primary. Pros and cons.

Holden
March 5, 2004, 8:39 pm
I can't find the server in the server list, could you link it up?

Niff
March 5, 2004, 9:38 pm
That's true. I hate barreters.. I make a public server, barreters come in, and BLAG! It's so boring..

Captain RibMan
March 5, 2004, 10:36 pm
say blag 2 more times and he'll come in here like beetlejuice

Icarius
March 5, 2004, 10:48 pm
Wow, this server sounds cool.

BMF
March 5, 2004, 10:54 pm
blag blag

anyway, kevith you are special, in a sense that you are retarded. Main problem with barrets are campers. Hey, lets make a server with mandatory camping!! Wow, good idea.

[:-censored]ing retards

AerialAssault
March 5, 2004, 11:15 pm
i love campers because they use the gun correctly, i hate assaulters cause they abuse its power

Mechanoid
March 6, 2004, 12:29 am
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssault
i love campers because they use the gun correctly, i hate assaulters cause they abuse its power

Damn rights.

As well, if you can get behind the sniper, you can usually screw him with a knife. that, and/or get someone to distract him while you move in for the knife kill.[:-eyebrows]

Spooky
March 6, 2004, 1:10 am
hey mr admin guy.

i've been playing on the server for a while (i'm [ttb]mikal) and i have a request:

can you add in the dna games map pack to the maplist? It would be REALLY spiffy if you did.

SuperKill
March 6, 2004, 2:57 am
here we go again.. now there's "power abusing" into it

kevith
March 6, 2004, 4:19 am
BMF: How long have you been playing this game? And yet you still buy into the idea that "camping" is the problem. It's actually kind of sad.[:(] It's like you've been brainwashed. Campers are easy to kill, but apparently you haven't figured that out yet. "Mandatory camping"? Hardly.

Spooky: I would like to use the map pack, but whenever I run one of the maps I end up being the only one left in the server. [;)]Maybe I'll add one tomorrow.

Spooky
March 6, 2004, 5:15 am
no no, use the DNAgames map pack. the semioffical one that *everyone* uses. you could add that to the server message or something.

also, did you end up admining that **** dude?

Hova
March 6, 2004, 5:21 am
The last time I saw, ***** was admin'ed. Nice server, I like it. 4 against 4 is my favourite type of CTF.

arC
March 6, 2004, 5:45 am
It's his server, he can do what he wants, if you dont like, dont play in it.

n00bface
March 6, 2004, 6:04 am
***** = kevith ..lol?

Shade
March 6, 2004, 6:27 am
Well there's a good idea for a server! People who say camping is a problem, you're wrong. Campers are easy targets, allright, but they're also quite deadly, being able to shoot from where you don't see them. That makes the game more "balanced" as some people who dislike certain weapon would like to say... ¬¬
It'd be even better if it had more maps. I D/L a 92 map pack + the DNAGames server mappack + Aleatory maps in different pages because i thought people played in custom maps... I guess I was wrong... then I told a friend (who likes to be referred as GOD, that egocentric son of a #@~&/) to install the map pack and then he insulted my ancestors because he couldn't differ the original maps from the new maps (poor guy... and he calls himself a pro...)

BMF
March 6, 2004, 6:43 am
quote:BMF: How long have you been playing this game? And yet you still buy into the idea that "camping" is the problem. It's actually kind of sad. It's like you've been brainwashed. Campers are easy to kill, but apparently you haven't figured that out yet. "Mandatory camping"? Hardly.

You are obviously a n00b, good luck playing with Soldiers, i am out of here.

The answer to you question - longer than you.

Niff
March 6, 2004, 7:02 am
BMF does hate people.

Buuut anyways, campers don't bother me that much.

*falls over*

Element_101
March 6, 2004, 9:44 am
BMF is a pisser!

This sounds ok but your not going to catch every one abusing the server

Da cHeeSeMaN
March 6, 2004, 10:39 am
ur server is gay.. i dont use the barret but killem is my daily quest

Denacke
March 6, 2004, 11:12 am
Campers can be dealth with fine, although when they're in a crate, or "behind" those sandbags and the sniper gun can shoot trough it,Then it's pretty hard to kill them. I know grenades, but you have to get pretty close to be able to grenade 'em properly.
Suggestions?

Hova
March 6, 2004, 1:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by n00bface
***** = kevith ..lol?

Oh shit, you're right.

kevith
March 6, 2004, 2:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by BMF
You are obviously a n00b, good luck playing with Soldiers, i am out of here.

The answer to you question - longer than you.
Well apparently you're not going to read this since you're "out of here" but you can read my earlier post for your thing about Soldiers if you happen to come back. (No need to restate an issue I've already addressed.) Your statement about how long you've been playing Soldat is completely irrelevant since it was a rhetorical question. However, to answer your "question," according to the dates that we registered for the forums I've been playing about 6 months longer than you... but as everyone knows, neither post count nor time playing amounts to level of intelligence or skill in the game. It is kind of funny that you randomly call me a "n00b," but I guess a lot of people resort to name calling when they have no valid or logical argument to make.

Element_101: You're right, but since it's only 4 v. 4 it's not too unmanageable. Most of the people on the server are very quick to point out when someone kills them while "barret assaulting." Having more admins that I can trust would probably help with that too.

SanityAssassin
March 28, 2004, 8:03 pm
campers/snipers with the barret are always gonna be better to have in a game than assaulters...if they wanna assault grab an auto weapon...throw it on ground.../kill...and pick it up as secondary...other than that they should heep the barret for sniping and such