March 5, 2004, 7:48 pm
Because it may become incompatible with Xp update. Haha XP suxorz
http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,115093,00.asp

Hitman
March 5, 2004, 7:57 pm
Stupid Windows!

Deleted User
March 5, 2004, 7:57 pm
I am not going to d/l any updates if it does that.

Guil
March 5, 2004, 8:01 pm
Same sh** for me, no sp2. Soldat before "SEcurity".

Captain RibMan
March 5, 2004, 9:33 pm
for once i'm glad that i have windows ME

AerialAssault
March 5, 2004, 10:09 pm
me = teh suxx0rs, windows 2000 was the best one i think, but i like my xp pro

FroG-BoY
March 5, 2004, 10:31 pm
Yes, XP is good.

Icarius
March 5, 2004, 10:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain RibMan

Damn straight.

ClanKwH
March 5, 2004, 10:59 pm
Its even stupid to update windows it takes all your hard drive space and? nothing more it aint helpfull

Captain RibMan
March 5, 2004, 11:33 pm
its a conspiracy between windows and the hard drive making people so you have to keep buying bigger ones to keep up with the updates

palloco
March 6, 2004, 1:07 am
I have 8 gb and 4 gb free...

Hova
March 6, 2004, 5:18 am
Update Windows. Unless you feel like having the next blaster worm chew up your harddrive.

Anyway, I use Win98SE. I was a windows ME user, until litestep and a few programs decided to not work anymore.

Spitzfiya
March 6, 2004, 5:47 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain RibMan

Im glad that you enjoy using the [:-censored]tiest operating system ever created. Ya tardhole, ME is horrible, ask anyone and they will agree.

XP Is awsome, I have nothing against Microsoft....Great OS Stable, Fast, Easy to use, Gamer friendly. I dont know what everyone's problem is...Perhaps you could explain why you hate Microsoft?

Seriously guys stop filling up space on the bandwagon. Get the [:-censored] off the it in other words.....

That service pack has no effect on me what so ever. I find it a valid response to all those gay [:-censored]ing hackers. Even If I was a programer I would never sink that low. Blame it on society not Microsoft. Security is a good thing for many people...think of the big buisnesses and companys and how security is important to them...

Narrow minded fools, all of you.

Weed
March 6, 2004, 8:21 am
i think Spitzfiya is turning into a Spitzsh!t :D

Hitman
March 6, 2004, 9:28 am
quote: I find it has [;)] a valid response to all those gay ing hackers.Ahem..

I'm not jumping on the 'Bandwagon', I've always hated Windows, I think it's a piece of [:-censored]! I can't wait until I convert to Mac. Doesn't mean I'll leave Soldat though, cause I can still run it on Virtual PC.

Spitzfiya
March 6, 2004, 9:48 am
quote:Originally posted by Hitman
quote: I find it has [;)] a valid response to all those gay ing hackers.Ahem..

I'm not jumping on the 'Bandwagon', I've always hated Windows, I think it's a piece of [:-censored]! I can't wait until I convert to Mac. Doesn't mean I'll leave Soldat though, cause I can still run it on Virtual PC.

That was a friends IP, Now piss off and enjoy your deep fried Mac.
Well I can understand if you only play Soldat but you will always have to buy MAC specific Hardware / softwear bla bla bla...with PCs its all universal...so i can go out right now and buy a Radeon 9800pro and NOT have to pay an extra $200 for MAC attack version....heh, I like my Hardware and Games, sadly Macs dont do eithier....

Do you think HL2 would ever run on a MAC? oh wait I know! Not a bloody chance....Its to heavy into DX9, it would be a crappy port...MAC hardware would be out of spec in many areas.
[:P]

palloco
March 6, 2004, 10:12 am
quote:Originally posted by Spitzfiya
Im glad that you enjoy using the [:-censored]tiest operating system ever created. Ya tardhole, ME is horrible, ask anyone and they will agree.
XP Is awsome, I have nothing against Microsoft....Great OS Stable, Fast, Easy to use, Gamer friendly. I dont know what everyone's problem is...Perhaps you could explain why you hate Microsoft?
That service pack has no effect on me what so ever. I find it a valid response to all those gay [:-censored]ing hackers. Even If I was a programer I would never sink that low. Blame it on society not Microsoft. Security is a good thing for many people...think of the big buisnesses and companys and how security is important to them...
Narrow minded fools, all of you.

Spitz, had you ever tried win ME?
In many computers and depending whic version of ME had you installed, it is a reliable OS. Just like XP, but while XP only works in some comps, ME works in all of them.
And where is the gamer-friendly XP? Most of old games do not work there.
I had even see a friend with an ATI card, and everything run fine with XP, until some day his XP decided not to work, no matter how many times it was formatted and reinstalled or updated. That card works perfectly in my w98.
Had you tried SP2? Obviously not, so you cannot affirm anything about it.

But if you can only enjoy with the latest windows version, the latest hardware and the latest software, then it is your problem. But the rest of us use outdated hardware and outdated software. And in 90% of the times an updated software only decreases speed, brings more bugs and brings new features not needed. So have fun wasting your money, I am sure ewven a Mac user spends less money than you.

EDIT: That 90% is related to win programs, since they just patch old versions, unlikely in Mac and Linux

Spitzfiya
March 6, 2004, 10:31 am
Im getting tired of this forum....to many retards from to many countries. Half of them can hardly speak english. This forum is like a can of deformed jellybeans.

Ive had enough of you people.

palloco
March 6, 2004, 10:35 am
LOL. I bet you come back in less than 5 min

Spitzfiya
March 6, 2004, 10:38 am
Hey

FroG-BoY
March 6, 2004, 10:41 am
Did spitz say he was leaving? No.

Palloco, there are many old games that work with XP, they just need a little tweaking. And, does ME work with a leaky old 486 with 512 kb of RAM? Heh, didn't think so.

palloco
March 6, 2004, 11:17 am
Usually when something bores you, you stop reading it... unless you earn something.
Tweaking...Xp is not DOS based, very few DOS programs work that way.
The fact that you had given a config of 486 with 512 kb of RAM clearly indicates that you know nothing about 486 or win Me. Even my 386 had more RAM.

It is lovably how I turn out every thread into XP bashing XD

SuperKill
March 6, 2004, 11:38 am
ME is "ok" i cant see how its any worse then win98
windows xp SUCKS for anyone that doesnt have a good cpu

Hitman
March 6, 2004, 11:42 am
I'm not even gonna bother arguing with you Spitz..

SuperKill
March 6, 2004, 12:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by FroG-BoY
Did spitz say he was leaving? No.

Palloco, there are many old games that work with XP, they just need a little tweaking.

every old dos game i tried running in xp failed to run in a normal speed, but it works just like it should if you configurate it to have no sound support 8|

palloco
March 6, 2004, 12:25 pm
"windows xp SUCKS for anyone that doesnt have a good cpu"

It is not a matter of a good CPU. I had seen the same problems with Athlon XP. It is simply that XP is like a Mac, it is better when it is expensive. While the rest of software is like sex, it is better when it is free.

Souza
March 6, 2004, 12:27 pm
i had ME b4 XP... i absolutely like XP the most... ME kept giving me all those frigin "unkown error: unknown caused an error in unknown"... and it's sure that XP needs all the drives and updates and stuff but u got to face it.. every single program/game/whatsoever will be made to work in XP and Longhorn (as soon as it comes out) so the older versions will become obsolete. mark my words.

palloco
March 6, 2004, 12:41 pm
Yup, I know several people had problems with Me, but others have it and they have no problem at all, much better than XP. Ususally the problem come because they had win Me/98 in the old comp, and XP in the new one. Obviously all new comps are very realiable and stable, that is a motherboard success. Not XP.
Certainly new programs will be made for XP and not for w9x but will they worth? Usually not. We have just to look Acdsee 6.0 is over 10 times slower than ACDSee 2.1
The only thing I can accept about XP is that it will be better when we are talking about 64 bits.

FroG-BoY
March 6, 2004, 12:59 pm
Actually, there are programs to give you sound in DOS for XP. And, TBH, the only time my computer has crashed, since my only reformat in 2 years, I have had around 2 problems: the keyboard thingy kept showing on my TV screen, and my GeForce 4 crashed twice. And all they needed was a small fix (i.e. 1 minute of configuration, and a reboot). And that leads me to my only other point: I ran XP with a Celeron and 128 MB for a whole year just fine. I added another 256 MB at the end of last year.

b00stA
March 6, 2004, 6:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by palloco
Yup, I know several people had problems with Me, but others have it and they have no problem at all, much better than XP. Ususally the problem come because they had win Me/98 in the old comp, and XP in the new one. Obviously all new comps are very realiable and stable, that is a motherboard success. Not XP.
Certainly new programs will be made for XP and not for w9x but will they worth? Usually not. We have just to look Acdsee 6.0 is over 10 times slower than ACDSee 2.1
The only thing I can accept about XP is that it will be better when we are talking about 64 bits.

Yepp, the new version(s) of ACDsee suck. All I want to do is VIEW SOME DAMN IMAGES, not render Toy Story.

Those OS discussions will never stop..
Let everyone use what he wants.. I'm satisfied with my WIN2K and I will continue using it when I upgrade my computer.