( search forums )
Noob help
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Chickenwing
March 6, 2004, 10:06 pm
Hey people, i'm the newest noobie here and was just wonderin if this game is free? i'm in the middle of downloadin it and was just wonderin. thanx

b00stA
March 6, 2004, 10:20 pm
You don't HAVE to pay for the game (9 dollars), you can play without any problems, as long as you want.
but when you register the nag screen disappears and you have some extra functions:
http://www.soldat.pl/manual/register-en.html
Custom profiles, real custom interfaces, in-game mp3 player, unlimited demo recording, etc.

Chickenwing
March 6, 2004, 10:23 pm
Excellent. Thanx for the help. I'd pay you for it, but then i'm too cheap to even pay for this game so join the queue!! SORRY, seriously thanx

SiB Danne
March 6, 2004, 10:27 pm
I haven't paid a single dime in three years. And I won't ever pay a single dime. Feel the joy of killing registered players! muhaha... they pay to get killed!

Meandor
March 6, 2004, 10:52 pm
So you haven't been paying since soldat wasn't even existing? wow, you should be really proud..

Guil
March 6, 2004, 11:12 pm
0.9.4b - first public beta (09.05.2002)

Meandor : 1
Danne : 0

Hitman
March 6, 2004, 11:32 pm
Lol

BMF
March 6, 2004, 11:49 pm
quote:I haven't paid a single dime in three years. And I won't ever pay a single dime. Feel the joy of killing registered players! muhaha... they pay to get killed!

Bloody cheap stake. God, i hate you people so much. I registered my version 3 times, because i feel grateful to Michal for making such a great game for us. It's nothing to be proud of, just common courtesy.

EDIT jesus [:-censored]ing christ i hate you

SiB Danne
March 7, 2004, 12:00 am
well soon almost 3 years... up yours. Fine hate me, won't change me. Like you guys always pay for your games. No warez for you eh? liars...
edit:
sure im gratefull that he made the game. But if it wasn't because it was free when I started playing, I wouldn't play this long time. And sure I "would" pay if that would have been easy for me. but it isn't. So I wont. And don't hate people because they won't pay for something someone changed from fun to a profitable software.

BManx2000
March 7, 2004, 1:07 am
Soldat? Profitable? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You should be grateful this game isn't payware!

Niff
March 7, 2004, 1:34 am
I WOULD pay, but yeah.. Me have no credit card, and I live in New Zealand. It'd end up costing me around $30 with transfer fees and stuff, but I'm working a bit to get the money and practicing pickpocketing to get my mum's credit card.

societies_punishment
March 7, 2004, 3:09 am
FFS people just register the game its ONLY!! 9 dollars you are truley pathetic if you dont register a game that costs too much .... o yeah it doesnt ....cause its only 9 frekin dollars

if you like the game grab a credit card .. doesnt even have to be yours and pay for it tell mike punishment sent ya

and those of you with soldat reg cracks shared keys and -s ....(if they exist) there is a special part of hell reserved for you called punishmentland you think hell sounds bad ill have KOMPRESSOR singing the hampsterdance while the village people dryhump you forehead and have gary colemen and mr T beat the hell from you for the rest of existance

Josh1l6
March 7, 2004, 11:06 pm
It's the price of fr*ckin' 2-3 lunches. But lasts many factors of 10 longer. I don't have a credit card, I paid with Paypal which let me take money straight from my savings account.

TheArc
March 7, 2004, 11:17 pm
I borrowed a friend's card (payed him back of course)

?
March 7, 2004, 11:50 pm
registering is a way to show michal a way that you are thankful for his work, you can write crap like o i am thankful but i don't want to pay for it, well then your not fully thankful, you are taking advanage his kindness, its like gettting a birthday present and walking off without smiling or even thanking the person that gave you the present

n00bface
March 8, 2004, 12:01 am
SP, not that is matters, but more than half the people from the old TSP had shared game reg's :|

Dathker
March 8, 2004, 1:35 am
LOL n00b

Snipedmyself
March 8, 2004, 7:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by Josh1l6
It's the price of fr*ckin' 2-3 lunches. But lasts many factors of 10 longer. I don't have a credit card, I paid with Paypal which let me take money straight from my savings account.

whoa! 9 dollars would get me like 11 cuz all i eat is cup noodles and...yeah

Deleted User
March 8, 2004, 7:14 pm
I just dont have time to register. (Yes its true even though it sounds stupid.) But i have money. I get 9 dollars in 2 weeks so i should pay but i always forgot or sumthing. So stupid. :P

Dathker
March 9, 2004, 3:19 am
if i could i would pay him alot...

Shade
March 9, 2004, 4:09 am
quote:Originally posted by societies_punishment
FFS people just register the game its ONLY!! 9 dollars you are truley pathetic if you dont register a game that costs too much .... o yeah it doesnt ....cause its only 9 frekin dollars

ACTUALLY, it depends...
For me 9 dollars are three times as much. So, that would be 27 pesos (which now it's just really unstable so it could be higher, a year ago it reached 1 dollar= 4.50 pesos) so it depends where are you from. But hey, if i had a credit card under my disposition and 9 dollars fallen from heaven, sure I'd used them on registered Soldat, but now, I just cant.

Captain RibMan
March 9, 2004, 4:16 am
quote:Originally posted by Niff
It'd end up costing me around $30 with transfer fees and stuff,
I'm in New Zealand and it only came out to be like $14 NZ. And besides you can do it now while the NZ Dollar is stronger

Element_101
March 9, 2004, 12:32 pm
I dont have my version regestered and for this I am ashamed Im only 16 so I cant yet and my parents wont let me as if they trush me with there credit card, also my friends are the same age as me so yeah I cant but as soon as I get my hands on a credit card ill register hell if you give me adress Ill mail it to him