( search forums )
For all you minigun lovers (and haters)...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
TheArc
March 7, 2004, 4:14 am
http://www.hugi.is/hahradi/bigboxes.php?box_id=51208&f_id=969

Car being SHREDED with a Dillon minigun. Awesome. http://old.hugi.is/fyndnar/gun.wmv

N1nj@
March 7, 2004, 4:40 am
[:-censored] man, that minigun is fuking crazy

Garimto
March 7, 2004, 4:45 am
[:-censored] dude i want a minigun

BManx2000
March 7, 2004, 4:59 am
Heh I saw that show. Man, he must have used about a million bucks worth of ammuntion of that thing :P

CAN WE HAVE ONE IN SOLDAT MICHAL PLEEEEASE!

FroG-BoY
March 7, 2004, 5:03 am
I get an error...

kemur rétt strax aftur...
...þegar sjálfvirkri afritatöku lýkur.

HellRaider
March 7, 2004, 5:12 am
aww so did i.. stupid ..err germans?

karmazonpl
March 7, 2004, 5:19 am
omg......
another stupid....err american ?

hypernova
March 7, 2004, 5:28 am
OMG THAT IS CRAZY! lol i never knew miniguns could do this! I WANT ONE!

Chakra
March 7, 2004, 6:04 am
I wonder what damage a real life barret and m79 would do...someones gotta find that out..

n00bface
March 7, 2004, 6:08 am
OMG I WUNT SMSINAISNINDINNIGUNGUN

yes, it's nice. lovely.

Guil
March 7, 2004, 6:25 am
I saw this episode of monster garage before and I can say than it is very nice to see this on big screen. (42") :)

Niff
March 7, 2004, 6:33 am
Hehe.. have you SEEN a barret in action? It can make a friggin HUGE hole in a target 1000m away.

Trashykins
March 7, 2004, 6:44 am
Holy carp. Trashy want!

palloco
March 7, 2004, 8:48 am
Too many money wasted on such a nice car.
Join minigun masters and do it for free!
http://s3.invisionfree.com/chainsaw/

b00stA
March 7, 2004, 10:57 am
humm.. without any knowledge about weapons, why don't the barrels overheat?

someone should have been driving the car and the other guy would have to aim ;)

blan
March 7, 2004, 11:00 am
why didnt he use his jets to fly around the damn thing?

Social Poison
March 7, 2004, 11:53 am
Chak... not nearly what we just saw there...

The barret is an anti-artilery weapon... so it can punch armor...

and the m79 is a grenade launcher from Vietnam... so cool explosions...

but can you really front with that minigun... I mean honestly?

/me wants to try it

cup_of_squirrels
March 7, 2004, 12:51 pm
lol yeah its nice :D

btw, freakin good sig arc!

Drama
March 7, 2004, 2:02 pm
I think you can see m79 in some vietnam war movies, i remember i saw one in platoon

Sekushi
March 7, 2004, 3:05 pm
HOLY [:-censored]ING [:-censored]!!!

*shats self*

BMF
March 7, 2004, 3:37 pm
actually there are guns that shoot 6000 rounds per minute

N1nj@
March 7, 2004, 4:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by BMF
actually there are guns that shoot 6000 rounds per minute

What is it?

Cookie.
March 7, 2004, 5:06 pm
that is my favourite end to a monster garage episode i always watch that show :) i just watched one 5 minutes ago lol they took a peterbuilt truck engine and put it on a trike :)

?
March 7, 2004, 5:33 pm
oo i saw that one!! that trike was sweet, all i have around my house are hunting rifles, a pistol from ww2 and a pistol that i have no idea where it came from, but i want a m79 more than a mini though :P

TheArc
March 7, 2004, 10:56 pm
I like the song ^_^

and thanks, i like my sig too =)

TheArc
March 7, 2004, 10:57 pm
I might rather have a Barret (an anti-tank rifle!) shoot through like 6 houses lol

BMF
March 8, 2004, 2:29 am
Ninja, some minigun they put on helicopters. Called Vulcan or something. I dont think you can mount that thing on an SUV

you should watch this video if you like miniguns

http://www.elliotinthemorning.com/videos/224Helicopter_Kills.mpeg

?
March 8, 2004, 2:43 am
I live by Moody Air base, some military people in the southern states might know that, its in Valdosta(where i live) i see helicopters and planes all the time and yeah i get to see the guns on the helicopters, sometimes i can see the writing on teh sides of the planes or helicopters they get so close, i used to hear them shoot every now and then, maybe i heard it so much i don't notice it =/

BManx2000
March 8, 2004, 2:52 am
A particular Metal Storm gun system can fire an (EXTREMELY SHORT) burst at 1 MILLION rounds per minute, but you couldn't call it a minigun :P Another one can also fire grenades at 240000 rpm. Not something yuo'd want to be shot at with :P Of course, it can't lay down fire for any length of time, but it can shred anything instantly...

Google Metal Storm for info on how it works and vids of it in action.

peemonkey
March 8, 2004, 2:58 am
have any of you actually seen a ruger-77 fire? this crazy guy who always bring the greatest guns was at our shooting range a few weeks ago, and he had one. jesus, when i shot that thing, i could here it rip a hole in the wood post that kept the targets up. destroyed the post that day. i want me one of them!!!(btw, they dont reload nearly as fast)

even though it's not in the game, i'd like an Uzi too. waste some fools!!(no, mp5's not the same as an uzi)

Niff
March 8, 2004, 3:32 am
Heh. Metal Storm has made uber 1337 guns - they made a DNA-coded gun that only fires for the owner..

peemonkey
March 8, 2004, 3:49 am
ummm, what?

arC
March 8, 2004, 4:51 am
Lol, just like in Judge Dread...

n00bface
March 8, 2004, 5:35 am
BMF, that movie is awesome.

Captain_Jimbo
March 8, 2004, 5:35 am

That was the coolest sh*t I've seen all night.

"Is that it?"
"HELL NO FRANKIE, HE'S GOIN' IN FOR ROUND TWO!!!!"

Great stuff. XD

Niff
March 8, 2004, 6:33 am
Hehe.. that was cool vids, both of them.

peemonkey
March 8, 2004, 7:47 am
oh yea! ive seen one of those metal storm things on the history channel. they wasted a '67 Impala. only took bout 10 seconds...evil. should be a powerup in soldat!!! XP

choco
March 8, 2004, 9:59 am
on the subject of guns....i think the minigun they were using was the xm134 minigun which has a 6000 rpm fire rate, the one in soldat is the xm214, it uses a 5.56mm bullet and in real life has a fire rate exceeding 10 000 rpm, thats some serious ownage and btw the barret is NOT an anti tank rifle, its an anti material rifle made for destroying unexploded artillery shells, light armor and shooting people through solid brick walls, i believe the barret in soldat tho should be changed to the barret M99 which is actualy a bolt action rifle and it uses a bullpop design (ammo is loaded behind the trigger not in front) the m82a1 is semi automatic and firing it while standing would probably kill your arms....so i woudlnt mind the barret dealing its user damage while standng and firing but neways i dont want this to turn into a barret bashing thread.....i know my guns :)

Amon26
March 11, 2004, 8:26 am
It probably goes without saying, but the enormous explosions you saw were special effect explosives packed into the car prior to destruction.. When gasoline explodes, it doesnt fly up into the air leaving red sparkly trails.. I had a video on machineguns/miniguns and they destroied a car with a heavy duty vulcan gun.. it jumped, popped and burned, and blew most the body off, but it didn't explode like this.. The explosive packs are hella cool though!! props to discovery channel for being a showboater.

Toumaz
March 12, 2004, 10:24 am
SWEEEEET.