( search forums )
AFK / Idle Kick
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
N1nj@
March 7, 2004, 5:54 pm
If a player goes afk for over <insert number here> minutes, they will automatically get kick off from the server.

This is to help the server to clear spaces for other players to join and play.

The server admin can set the amount of minutes using a server command.

Dark_Noddy
March 7, 2004, 6:17 pm
Posted before but needed a reminder :)
all ten thumbs up ^^

Hitman
March 7, 2004, 6:33 pm
What does 'afk' mean?

kevith
March 7, 2004, 6:35 pm
YES YES YES. (Historically, 3 is the superlative number you know.) The only real argument against this that I have heard is people saying, "but what if I have to go to the bathroom or something? I don't want to be disconnected from the server." My answer: Hold it.

AFK = Away From Keyboard (for those of you who may not know).

Sekushi
March 7, 2004, 7:03 pm
Yes! AFK kick would be pwnage! But I'd like there to be a limit to how short you make it, like a minute or so. Can't set an unfair AFK kick, that'd just be complete balderdash. :(

N1nj@
March 7, 2004, 8:23 pm
quote:Posted before but needed a reminder :)
all ten thumbs up ^^
sorry this was posted before...

quote:YES YES YES. (Historically, 3 is the superlative number you know.) The only real argument against this that I have heard is people saying, "but what if I have to go to the bathroom or something? I don't want to be disconnected from the server." My answer: Hold it.

AFK = Away From Keyboard (for those of you who may not know).

it doesn't take 3 mintues to go to a bathroom...unless you are pooing...

quote:Yes! AFK kick would be pwnage! But I'd like there to be a limit to how short you make it, like a minute or so. Can't set an unfair AFK kick, that'd just be complete balderdash. :(
ya, this will be like a server admin option, where they can set the amount of seconds/minutes the person can idle. If the player doesn't press any button or move the mouse in a certain amount of time, the player will get kick from the server.

Drama
March 7, 2004, 10:04 pm
in nerd language, server doesnt receive any packets from this guy

n00bface
March 7, 2004, 10:11 pm
!!! Or, in seconds! Except then the campers would... wait... WOOT, ADD THIS IDEA!!!II#@&*#&*&(&*(98&

P.S. All your base

are belong to us

Roy
March 7, 2004, 11:23 pm
Yes, what about the campers? It should be that someone who hasn't moved the cursor at all for x minutes gets kicked.

N1nj@
March 7, 2004, 11:59 pm
lol, a camper that doesn't move its cursor? I don't think so.

Roy
March 8, 2004, 12:13 am
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@
lol, a camper that doesn't move its cursor? I don't think so.

Yeah, that was my point. Cursor movement is a good way to seperate AFK from camper.

Dragon88
March 8, 2004, 7:17 pm
I think that it should just make them a spectator. Unless that takes up player slots.

N1nj@
March 8, 2004, 9:21 pm
Sometimes spectator lags up the game.

Hova
March 8, 2004, 9:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by Dragon88
I think that it should just make them a spectator. Unless that takes up player slots.

It does :/

Souza
March 8, 2004, 10:17 pm
Approved! totally! i think it once happened to me :blush: and i got banned O.o but hey, it should be like that

?
March 8, 2004, 11:14 pm
quote:What does 'afk' mean?

the sad part is i told Hitman what afk means about 5 times

Hitman
March 10, 2004, 5:21 pm
Hehe, well I usually forget what you say, cause usually it's a load of nonsense..

palloco
August 7, 2004, 5:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by Drama
in nerd language, server doesnt receive any packets from this guy

LOl that is not nerd, that is stupid, server still receives packets from this guy, otherwise he would be automatically disconnected .

Xyrus
August 7, 2004, 8:49 pm
and if you have to click some button after you died to respawn again ?
and if that takes to long the person get kicked.. [^]

and should be a option then for turning that stuff off.

Social Poison
August 7, 2004, 9:11 pm
I think we have a forum bug...

Subslider
August 8, 2004, 10:25 am
wha SP?.. anywayz.. been suggested be4.. i like it.. but just as any other good suggestion it just dies..

well i think it should kick on Cursor movement..

Unlucky 13
August 15, 2004, 5:46 am
SP is talking about the smile bug that was happening.

If a person animates, gets hit, makes a sound etc. he sends packets, so that is not rite Drama.

I Concur

Kazuki
August 15, 2004, 5:53 am
What's with all these topics being bumped up lately? :P I hope it has something to do with my topic. ^_^

Element_101
August 15, 2004, 9:41 am
Yeah Kaz, we can dream cant we...