( search forums )
Test Comic
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Art and Movies
Famine
March 8, 2004, 1:47 am
I suck at paint....especially shading an junk. But I have a good idea for a comic...this would be a sample of the "art" that would be in it.

[URL]

I was wondering if it was worth it. I had it not colored for 2 reasons, well mostly not colored.

1) This is a serious comic, i think the black and white gives it that.
2) I suck at shading in color.

its a bit up from stick figures but not as good as no clue comic.

I might try to add some regular shading....

Aegis
March 8, 2004, 2:01 am
Eh- WOAH... freaky.. kind of reminds me of an old Macintrash game..
-Edit-
Paint is a headache, you should try and find a nicer graphics editor. I'd recommend Adobe Photoshop but its like er... $700 I think, I heard GIMP was nice and free as well, and some people use Fireworks.

Famine
March 8, 2004, 2:03 am
I wish i was a better comp artist...I am hoping the story will carry it better. But I want to see what you guys think.

I have printshop on my other comp....I am on my laptop right now.

Hacksaw
March 8, 2004, 2:21 am
If your looking for a good Soldat Comic Chek it.
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=11867

Famine
March 8, 2004, 2:26 am
quote:its a bit up from stick figures but not as good as no clue comic.

I know about yours...I think the graphics are good. But yours is more comedic while mine is to be more serious and structured.

BManx2000
March 8, 2004, 2:59 am
Download the gimp, it's like photoshop without the bloat and the price tag :P

Oh yeah PS: My avatar was made in GIMP, so that shows a bit of what you can do with it.

Cookie.
March 9, 2004, 3:51 am
its kinda cool :)

Hacksaw
March 11, 2004, 4:56 am
Hey just to tell u guyz MS Paint isnt all a peace of sh!t...Me and my friends use MS Paint (For NC Comix) and it workes well for us. You just have to know how to use it. Now it will never be like Photo Shop but it works for us... [:D]

Famine
March 11, 2004, 1:35 pm
If there are any artists out there that can make better graphics then me ....I can draw out story boards maybe someone can remake them

Jelly_King
March 19, 2004, 8:16 am
what the [:-censored] is that sposed to be? looks like a guy made out of stone with an amputated hand, in the rain......

i can do artwork if you wanted but i doubt mine is serious enough for your tastes