( search forums )
Irc channel
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Amigo
March 8, 2004, 1:46 pm
Note:
IRC ops add your: @L (port80b.se.quakenet.org)
- channel name: #RealHeros
- irc server: irc.quakenet.org
- web site address: www.RealHeroes.cjb.net
- what kinda channel it is: RealHeroes Clan channel
to this thread and I'll add them to the list.
Only post perminant channels

Drama
March 8, 2004, 2:07 pm
bah

Sithak
March 8, 2004, 2:49 pm
I hate irc i was never able to use it :(

And nice avatar Drama. Its Kool

Hitman
March 8, 2004, 3:13 pm
Wtf is IRC anyway?

b00stA
March 8, 2004, 5:41 pm
b00stA to the rescue!

quote:
Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is one of the most popular and most interactive services on the Internet. Sure, the Web is nice for finding info and E-mail beats snailmail hands down, but when you've been wondering 'where the others are?', then IRC is what you're looking for.
IRC is the net's equivalent of CB radio. But unlike CB, Internet Relay Chat lets people all over the world participate in real-time conversations. IRC is where the Net comes alive!

Using an IRC client (program) you can exchange text messages interactively with other people all over the world. Some of the more popular chat clients are mIRC, Pirch, and Virc for Windows and Homer or Ircle for Mac's. What program you use doesn't really matter; all of them connect to the same chat networks. When logged into a chat session, you "converse" by typing messages that are instantly sent to other chat participants.
just get mIRC, set your nick etc., connect to Quakenet ("/server irc.quakenet.org") and join any channel (room) you want. for example:
/join #soldat.forums
there you go.

FroG-BoY
March 9, 2004, 7:17 am
Uh... isn't there a sticky about this?

Hitman
March 9, 2004, 2:03 pm
Cool. Is it just like a chat room then?

Edit: I just downloaded it but it can't connect to the server. Always has to be me doesn't it!

Hektik Sniper
March 9, 2004, 2:56 pm
try a better client like xchat: http://xchat.org

Also if you connect directly to irc.quakenet.org it will chose a random working server.