( search forums )
Change time on posting
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
bintz2000
March 8, 2004, 5:10 pm
I was wondering how you can change the time on the posts. Because i dont know when they were made most of the time. I think you can do it when you register for forums, but can i change it now?

DNA.styx
March 8, 2004, 7:25 pm
There is no easy way to edit the time...you have to do it the hard way: the forum time is GMT, the current time is displayed just below the log out button on the top right of each forum page.

bintz2000
March 9, 2004, 12:24 am
Thanks i believe i am -8hrs from GMT..Its too bad there isnt an easy way to change, oh well

Hitman
March 9, 2004, 1:02 am
quote:There is no easy way to edit the timeI think that would be a good option though..

Edit: Actually, no, that would screw up the post times wouldn't it?..

Se7enWolf
March 17, 2004, 8:31 pm
hmmm, if you know quantum physics, and know how to rip the gentle fabric of time and space, it would be easy, but let's face it, nobody on this planet can do that ('cept steven hawking, but he can't move, so he can't build a time machine...)

Xalion
March 18, 2004, 2:10 pm
Well... It's quite easy to make that... The post time is displayed in GMT, so you (Styx) could make a column in the database with the time zones (or a cookie based on GMT selection in profile), and change the GMT display:
[code]Response.Write FormatDateTime(DateAdd("h",YOUR TIME ZONE,POST TIME), vbShortTime)
[/code]