( search forums )
2004 Boys 'A' Provincials Logo: Help me please
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
wormdundee
March 8, 2004, 5:46 pm
Ok, so basically in school we're making logos for the provincials that will be hosted at my school. (It's volleyball btw) Everyone in the "computers" class is making one, and the best one gets their logo put on the shirts and stuff. O yeh, and the winner also gets prizes and such.

So pretty much all I want is some suggestions on what I should do to spice up the logo I've got so far.

[IMAGE]

And remember this has to be printed on T-shirts so don't make your ideas too complicated. And don't go too crazy with the colours please :D.

kevith
March 8, 2004, 6:04 pm
One quick suggestion would be to maybe switch the images of the guy in the middle and the guy on the right. The guy on the left almost implies a "floor" on which he is kneeling and that makes the guy on the right look like he's on the ground too (at least I think he's supposed to be in the air). Since the guy in the middle would most likely be on the ground while performing the 'set' you could put him on the right and maintain the illusion of a floor level, while allowing the "jumper" to jump.

Just an idea.

BMF
March 8, 2004, 6:18 pm
too twisted, IMO

wormdundee
March 9, 2004, 12:01 am
you mean the text right BMF?

yeh i was thinking that i would untwistify them quite a bit since someone else also mentioned that to me

Chakra
March 9, 2004, 12:05 am
Untwist those words, maybe make the 'logo' beneath the ball a little more boldly outlined too, and...that bright a red just ain't healthy man.

Otherwise, it's a [:-censored]ing nice job luv. Very nice.

?
March 9, 2004, 12:40 am
yeah maroon might be better, with a silver outline on text, and cut down on the empty space on top and bottom and i think it will look cool

wormdundee
March 9, 2004, 8:01 pm
well t, the empty space around it isn't really a factor as I just started off with a size that gave me some room

i basically just put it there to test background colours

n00bface
March 9, 2004, 8:39 pm
Change the bottom text to l33t sp34k

Post edit and update:

Wormdundee, since I love yew so much and we're like this (&&& brudda and sista), I asked 6 people from my old school's volleyball team about their everyday life.. It turns out, 4 of the 6 (yes 4<--) had pet turtles... So, since this image is about volleyballers (I'd think, or else yew're an IDIOT!) I thought i'd add something to the picture about their personality... below you can see a few changes ive made to the image.. I'm not saying you need to use this image or even thank me, but if it is good and you DO wanna use it, then you can email me :D I dont care if ya dont tho.. it took me a very long time to make :(

[IMAGE]

Plus, turtles are cute and cuddely ^.^

wormdundee
March 10, 2004, 4:42 am
o thank you so much llama, i love you

i think ill pass on using it though :D

and thanks for the help other people also

EDIT:

[IMAGE]

Hitman
March 10, 2004, 5:10 pm
That looks much better.

n00bface
March 10, 2004, 6:50 pm
...can you put a turtle under the text at least? or maybe have the crouching guy crouching on a giant tortoise? I dunno.. it looks silly with just volleyball players :( I mean this is a VOLLEYBALL GAME, not just some silly.. ugh.. nvm..

wormdundee
March 11, 2004, 10:23 pm
Does anybody else have ideas on background colour though, cuz I mean, maroon isnt the most popular colour for t-shirts

but then again i dont want black or white because that would mean changing the player colours and the ball colours which of course means that i would have to match the background colour to that and possibly change the colours again, and keep that going forever and it would just be horrible

so ye...colours :D

?
March 12, 2004, 12:27 am
WOOT MY IDEA WAS USED FOR ONCE!!

T.J.FoRd
March 12, 2004, 12:39 am
boys play volleyball? weird...

Spectral
March 12, 2004, 3:33 am
ehm perhaps a navy blue or gray. but i like the maroon, wouldnt mind wearing it. and you might want to add in really small type in the corner: D-z1n3R Wormdundee.

wormdundee
March 12, 2004, 9:17 pm
i wouldve used navy blue as the background but i wanted to be different as the last 2 years have been navy blue

BMF
March 12, 2004, 10:15 pm
I dont like the current background, its a bit too dark.

wormdundee
March 13, 2004, 1:31 am
well then give me a suggestion :D

all suggestions are appreciated and will be so in their own special way

?
March 13, 2004, 2:17 pm
i thought the maroon went good with the black you had already, and silver jsut goes good with maroon

n00bface
March 13, 2004, 4:39 pm
[:-censored]ing hell, I gave you a suggestion! give me YOUR feedback!