( search forums )
T3 hacked server
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
DT
March 9, 2004, 3:55 am
I went to a server that said t3 hacked server to see what was up and i guess someguy hacked a T3 from his unaversity and we had T3 but.... i kept getting bad pacage size errors like crazy... like 1 every 1 sec then when i left and went on another server i had those stupid size errors again......whats going on....

peemonkey
March 9, 2004, 3:58 am
that place sucked nut when i just went there. omg, can we say LAG!?!

Aegis
March 9, 2004, 4:17 am
I had no lag all day on that server, and there was 35+ players playing when I was there, the only thing that was irritating was the Minigun toting fools. (It was chainsaw heaven.. lmao)

I'd prolly post a screenie but its on a diff comp o.o

the_one
March 9, 2004, 5:28 am
I'm the h4x0r who hacked the t3, but I dont know how long it will be up before the admins notice it. I'll try to get to it tomorrow if I can and disable the minigun whoring cause its crazy.

I am also thinking of lowering the max player limit (current is 128), but havent decided yet. Should I?

Does anyone know how to fix that packet size error thing?

neo

Aegis
March 9, 2004, 5:35 am
Packet Size errors is a debug message reported by Soldat. MM has repeatedly told people to ignore these, as they arent of any consequences currently.

n00bface
March 9, 2004, 6:05 am
Yes, DEFINITLY lower the player limit... it goes from fun to just plain annoying @ about 18 players :\ I wouldn't even set it to 16...

the_one
March 9, 2004, 6:45 am
I wanted to test the limits of the server, see how far it could go ... but n00bface you're right, 16 should be enough ... and it should also be harder to notice if it eats less bandwidth. Unless anyone has any objections ...

Oh, and the packet size errors may be of no consequence, but they are f*cking annoying. :/

neo

n00bface
March 9, 2004, 7:34 am
you'd be surprised at how much bandwidth soldat eats up :| I have to pay 50$ a month for my 14 person server :p

the_one
March 9, 2004, 7:50 am
$50? That's crazy. You should learn how to hax0r.

neo

AerialAssault
March 9, 2004, 11:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by the_one
there is no spoon hes right you know, there are only sporks!