( search forums )
bajonett on ak74
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
gunman
March 9, 2004, 10:55 am
it would be cool if we could press a button when we have the ak74 yhen the soldier would put on a bajonett, so we could use the ak to stab others with the bajonett, when we use a another button

SiB Danne
March 9, 2004, 11:32 am
maybe if you choose AK47 as your first weapon and combat knife as second, then you could tie the knife to the first weapon. But why would you need to do this? We don't want to be able to shoot and stab someone at the same time. Switch weapon if you need something sharp to stab pixels with

Aquarius
March 9, 2004, 11:33 am
I don't like the bajonett idea, because it complicates simple things.

McClane
March 9, 2004, 11:46 am
it does'nt get complicated, it just gets cooler!!

Sekushi
March 9, 2004, 1:12 pm
A bayonett [bajonett] ...on an AK-74?

HOBBES
March 9, 2004, 3:48 pm
Hmm. A good idea, but I think it could be better on ruger.

Snipedmyself
March 9, 2004, 4:51 pm
it would makes moore sense on a ruger. and the AK is pretty powerful by it self

DizzyTea
March 9, 2004, 7:56 pm
i think the whole point of the knife is the the 1 hit throw move ,

u cant throw ur knife if its tied to ur AK , and when ur reloading u would be able to stab nor would u have a knife to switch to (combat Knife) becuase its stuck on a rifle that u are reloading blah blah blah[:D]

BManx2000
March 9, 2004, 10:45 pm
Well if you had a bayonet on your gun, it could replace the buttstock hit so if you get in close you could actually kill someone with the autohit.

Dathker
March 9, 2004, 11:47 pm
why on an AK? Ak's don't normally have them..and if you are good enough, you don't really need it, cuz you could just CHANGE WEP faster!...besides it would be a pain int he ass to setup controls like that

Toni_Cicerelli
March 10, 2004, 12:01 am
I dont know how good of an idea this is. But i have seen a AK with a bayonet several times. In games and documents online. SOF 2 has a AK/bayonet (i think). It might be ok if it were just something that the ak had when you auto hit. I dont want it to waste my knife.

Shade
March 10, 2004, 6:33 am
I think it's a matter of choice. Either you can throw the knife (and make a stealthy kill) OR attach the knife to the Ruger, so that when anyone comes close, instead of punching him in an attempt to disarm him, you stab him to death.
Also, I've never seen a bayonet in an AK74. I have seen, instead, bayonets -... bull[:-censored], IT IS NOT A BAYONET, IT IS A GIANT, BRUTALLY SHARP, ASS KICKING, BIGGER THAN (most) PEOPLE'S HEADS, MURDERING COMBAT STAINLESS STEEL ALL-PURPOSE KNIFE- for the Mauser, which is the most similar thing to a Ruger, inside the game.

Niff
March 10, 2004, 7:14 am
quote:Originally posted by Toni_Cicerelli
I dont know how good of an idea this is. But i have seen a AK with a bayonet several times. In games and documents online. SOF 2 has a AK/bayonet (i think). It might be ok if it were just something that the ak had when you auto hit. I dont want it to waste my knife.

The vietnamese military use AK-47s with bayonets attatched.

McClane
March 10, 2004, 10:53 am
watch "we were soldiers" or "Platoon"
the gooks Use Bayonetts on the AK47's
its more realistic

Drama
March 10, 2004, 12:56 pm
Bad idea ak is enough overpowered auto

Soulsnipa
March 10, 2004, 6:29 pm
Well the chainsaw doesnt have a secondary option...

DizzyTea
March 10, 2004, 7:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by Snipedmyself
it would makes moore sense on a ruger. and the AK is pretty powerful by it self

thats true dude [^]

Dathker
March 13, 2004, 2:05 am
why don't you put it on the minigun? j/k

Alamo
March 13, 2004, 12:56 pm
damn ppl you would have to insert an additional button. Soldat is cool cuz it's simple. Why unsimple ( ;-) ) it?

Droopy
March 13, 2004, 9:01 pm
That's easy Alamo!

More options make the game moree interesting and more ppl will play it. Some play soldat couse it's just cool, like me. Some ppl play it couse theyre boored. Some play it couse its 2D. Some couse its free online shooter. Hell some even play it so they can chat on it.

If a game has more options, there's more likely that more ppl will play it couse it has something they want or is just a bit close to what they want.

Now do u get it why do ppl wan't these options?

As for the bayonett..

I made a similar topic. But it was about trench warfare and bayonetts. Why not just make bayonetts a secondary. So if you choose it you automaticaly have it on your gun(all gunz). And when some guy runs into your gun he gets killed or wounded at least.

How about that?!

klichka
March 14, 2004, 12:59 am
A Bayonet would just clutter the simplistic playing style of Soldat.

Just whip out your melee weapon or work on your aiming.

that fuking sniper
March 14, 2004, 12:08 pm
The only use I see in this is to replace the buttstock hit with a beyonet stab. But then again, a buttstock takes out about half of the enemy's HP and knocks their gun out of their hands, that should leave them fairly vulnerable to you. Why would you need more than this on a *ranged* weapon?

The guns are the way they are because each represents a style of play, though some are imbalanced, they do have their differences and each one is more suitable for 1 style than the other. Adding a beyonet to a support/mild fronteir assault rifle is pointless. You already have a buttstock, I hope you wont go around running after people with an ak and a beyonet like its a chainsaw (like I said, each gun has a purpose, let the chainsaw fulfill its own without contenders). As I see it, this adds nothing to the gameplay, as you will mainly be busying yourself killing people with range rather than charging blindly into their own line of fire and trying to stab them :S

dadarkman
March 14, 2004, 1:35 pm
bajonet = useless... you guys must just switch faster to combat knive[xx(]

KnOt
July 14, 2004, 12:31 pm
Well.. you should be able to put it on all the primaries, not just one.. ( cos of balance issues etc )

Alamo
July 14, 2004, 2:06 pm
ug don't bring back that old topic... The idea was dumb and it will stay dumb... :)

AerialAssault
July 14, 2004, 11:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by BManx2000
Well if you had a bayonet on your gun, it could replace the buttstock hit so if you get in close you could actually kill someone with the autohit.
you beat me to it bmanx, the russian military doesnt use a bayonet on their AK, but the chinese Type 56 (copy of the AK47) do use a bayonet. AK74s dont have places for bayonets, but AK47s did

kevith
July 15, 2004, 1:27 am
A bayonet on a gun, eh? I'm leaning toward... no. Maybe if that took the place of your secondary, but that just seems like too much of a hassle.

quote:Originally posted by Soulsnipa
Well the chainsaw doesnt have a secondary option...
Well maybe you could pop it open and pour the gasoline on somebody, and then light them on fire with the matches for your smokes.

Marine
July 15, 2004, 3:00 am
That would be AWESOME!