( search forums )
Why am i addicted to this free 2d shooter......?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
DizzyTea
March 9, 2004, 8:10 pm

Soldat is only 1 of the games in my life that ive played where i cant stop playing it wtf , i love soldat[^]

why do we love this game so much?

AerialAssault
March 9, 2004, 8:39 pm
cuz its fun

wert21
March 9, 2004, 8:40 pm
I dunno,maybe they're some subliminal messages in the game...

F842
March 9, 2004, 8:42 pm
lol subliminal msgs. oh, and coz its a good game, and people like things that are good. and your done

N1nj@
March 9, 2004, 9:26 pm
it just addictive like a drug (without you need to pay)

March 9, 2004, 9:56 pm
It's better than a drug, it hardly costs anything, and gives you all the good side effects!
Now if you'll excuse me, I have cravings to attend to.

Guil
March 9, 2004, 10:13 pm
EZ to run!
Funny!

Spectral
March 9, 2004, 10:34 pm
such simple gameplay, suitable graphics, and good multiplayer action

?
March 9, 2004, 10:39 pm
every game is different,a nd everyone plays a certain way that you have to master

peemonkey
March 9, 2004, 11:36 pm
Soldat's an anagram for:

Sell your brain
Over spend
Leave it to us
Don't think, just consume
Attend school. feed the machine
Trust us

no messeges...yer all paranoid!

AerialAssault
March 9, 2004, 11:44 pm
its like peemonkeh just hates us all now

Dathker
March 10, 2004, 12:19 am
im a paranoid foo, they is trying to brain wash us with subliminal messages, thats what they is trying to do!!!!!!!!

and its cuz its mulitplayer, im addicted to all multiplayer games..cuz you can talk to people and [:-censored] especiall FPS where you can blow peoples's heads off

Amon26
March 10, 2004, 1:35 am
theres a bent appeal to making tiny things explode in horrific violence. good gameplay, good graphics, clever phyisics.. its just fun

Aegis
March 10, 2004, 1:44 am
I bet its that wierd double resolution change at startup. o.o
Anyway, I love it because its simple and for the most part free.

BMF
March 10, 2004, 1:56 am
man those resolution changes piss the [:-censored] out of me

yet another good thing that came with 1.2

Captain_Jimbo
March 10, 2004, 4:16 am

I get a kick out of Alien Vs. Predator 2 and other shoot-em-up games, but dammit, Soldat just seems to throw out all the fancy gfx and gets down to the core matter: gameplay. My oh my can Soldat deliver on Gameplay.

DT
March 10, 2004, 1:46 pm
yes play games so you rot your minds and weaken your defences.... we aliens then will take over your weak minds and then.. THE WORLD!...

....what just happened?

Caedo Quid
March 10, 2004, 2:31 pm
CAPTAIN JIMBO! WTF U BEEN????!?!?

Hektik Sniper
March 10, 2004, 2:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by wert21
I dunno,maybe they're some subliminal messages in the game...

ALPHA TEAM (buy soldat) SCORES :o

DizzyTea
March 10, 2004, 5:45 pm
well that was interesting , i have to agree with everyone that said the gamplay is what makes soldat so great and thats true , u could be playing bf1942 or Doom 3 but its just not the same as soldat , and end up turning back to it [:D]

Josh1l6
March 10, 2004, 7:47 pm
I say it's all the physics! Though people will root for graphics, quantity of content and all that crap, subconsciously it's all physics + every game has a certain feel, and Soldat is one of those that feels just right.

ripper
March 10, 2004, 8:14 pm
WOW boy oh boy is soldat excellent!!!! the graphics are somewhat strangely satisfying? and the gore and violence....well its JUST THE BEST DAMN GAME IVE EVA PLAYED! P.S. does anyone know if there are goin to be more versions of soldat?

Souza
March 10, 2004, 9:50 pm
actually i dunno... this game is friking addicting! the multiplayer sistem, the guns, the all simplicity of the game, u dun have to waste 6 gazillion hrs dl some update like most of the games :D soldat simply rocks

Sekushi
March 10, 2004, 10:08 pm
It's the campers. That must be it.

mat
March 11, 2004, 2:48 am
quote:Originally posted by Josh1l6
I say it's all the physics! Though people will root for graphics, quantity of content and all that crap, subconsciously it's all physics + every game has a certain feel, and Soldat is one of those that feels just right.

very well said... I just made u immortal on my page [;)]

ToTu
April 4, 2004, 7:49 pm
soldat is nice when you had a hard day at school or at work... you just forget everything else and you just kill

some ppl just like the blood... they love it... they drink it...

plus they like the killing too

and some guys just like uhmmm... chainsawing other ppls asses

Edit: Triple post joined -b00stA

b00stA
April 4, 2004, 8:00 pm
ToTu, please don't double post.
Next time think a bit more before you post.. but if you still want to add something, then use the [IMAGE] Edit function.

BlackSpear
April 4, 2004, 9:13 pm
Soldat is just oldschool 2d gameplay mixed with some good modern elements and is just perfected, not if they think soldat works they will move on towards the next project like in all the commercial [:-censored]...

Alamo
April 4, 2004, 11:00 pm
I think it's ... well what is it?
When I started to play i looked over the shoulder of a friend of mine on a LAN party. He just played with some bots and it really looked crappy (105b back then). Those gfx were ... bad. He told to try it. I refused because the game looked so crappy but he told me to try it over and over lol. Ok, it was 4 a.m. i was tired and noone else except from me and him was awake. So i simply HAD to play it because i woulda be sooo bored playing some 3D game with bots that get stuck in the next corner. I installed the 'crappy' game and started playing. It nearly blasted me away. Such a gameplay and that ill/funny game-violence with tiny men killing each other. I just couldn't stop laughing. Since then i played Soldat nearly daily and it has not lost any of it's charme.
That's how i started playing :) Well I think ppl love it because of it's gameplay, because of the funny and simple gfx and because it runs on nearly any machine. I mean: all the new games want some overkill machine with 1,5Ghz+ and some 64MB gfx-card. I actually have a good computer but the game simply rox! hehe :)

EDIT: ewww my english is bad... plz someone correct my mistakes and pm it to me... :)

DrocK
April 5, 2004, 12:46 am
simple answer, because its good

BlackSpear
April 5, 2004, 1:01 pm
never thought soldat was bad becouse of it's looks, you should see the games I play (which is mostly freeware hehe)

DT
April 5, 2004, 2:12 pm
Theres a easys answer to your question.. you love this game so much that you can't stop playing it is becuse....... uh... becuse.....
its FREE!

Element_101
April 7, 2004, 12:44 pm
Soldat combindes all the element that makes games good this is what makes it so addictive

DizzyTea
April 7, 2004, 8:12 pm
soldat; the crack cocaine(spelling) of computer games

dellard14
April 7, 2004, 10:07 pm
it's like the ultimate 3d shooter, amazin graphics etc., jus stripped down to its core, wot makes it tick. it's jus . . . soldat.

bloodygrape
April 11, 2004, 6:52 am
quote:Originally posted by Aegis
I bet its that wierd double resolution change at startup. o.o
Anyway, I love it because its simple and for the most part free.

heyy yeah, what the hell is that double res change? thats been bothering me...

AerialAssault
April 11, 2004, 10:15 am
its simple, yet complex at the same time

Element_101
April 12, 2004, 10:44 am
One of the things that keeps me coming back is the comminuty its actually really good compared to other game forums

MadMoney
April 15, 2004, 1:59 am
it takes a high iq to enjoy this game...

BlackSpear
April 15, 2004, 10:53 am
quote:Originally posted by MadMoney
it takes a high iq to enjoy this game...

hmz, seen some guys with defenetly a LOW iq that could still be somewhat good....

DizzyTea
April 15, 2004, 7:42 pm
people with low iq use barrets , and mini's [:o)]

palloco
April 15, 2004, 8:23 pm
People with low iq make posts and use avatars as DizzyTea does.

Snipedmyself
April 15, 2004, 10:39 pm
what do u think of all those meesages u see?
you killed _
Double Kill
Triple...
Masta Killa
...Plasma Watt Rifle i The 40 watt range...
masta killa...
Pls register soldat!!
now
i command you....
------------------
i member when i 1st started playin, i just played wif bots by my self fer like a year!
then i started a thinkin 1 day- hows solat doin..really...then i went 2 the site and got
1.2 and all these n00bZ @ my skool keep playing it!!!!! (Watch out fer SSS)
yeah but i started getting this urge to rester after i stopped
sucking horribly...im a masta <pls register> killa.

DizzyTea
April 19, 2004, 9:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by palloco
People with low iq make posts and use avatars as DizzyTea does.

penquins with minis blow

Element_101
April 20, 2004, 2:39 am
Wtf is that sig seriously though Dizzy it looks like you just got a magizine and put pictures together, to be honest it freaks me out!..

DizzyTea
April 20, 2004, 3:39 pm
haha i dunno i found it on google

DT
April 23, 2004, 2:08 am
ha ha ha ha ha ha thats awsome... i showed that to my class today... it was worth the detention

Major Pissant
April 23, 2004, 11:33 am
I think it looks like hitmans mother

HOBBES
April 23, 2004, 1:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by DizzyTea

Soldat is only 1 of the games in my life that ive played where i cant stop playing it wtf , i love soldat[^]

why do we love this game so much?

Because its free, its addictive, and its the ultimate 2d shooter.[;)]

DizzyTea
July 23, 2004, 6:35 pm
dunno hitman's mother would scare my avatar

IBT
July 23, 2004, 7:00 pm
good god! DIZZY TEA, CHANGE AVAITOR BEFORE I GO BLIND!!!
umm, anyway, back on topic, if you ask me, sodat is a really damn good game for just 1 person working on it, hey its better than cs (easy to do), but by far, its defenatly not the best out there.
to be the best, id have to top natural-selection, and thats tough to do for anyone.

Skate4Razors
July 23, 2004, 8:02 pm
We all love it because Soldat is so crapy looking but great looking at the same time! I LOVE YOU!

Hitman
July 23, 2004, 8:08 pm
Whow, spam, what a surprise. Dizzy Tea, you're pathetic.

Locked.

Deleted User
July 23, 2004, 10:03 pm
Hey hitman. You should try to lock better. :P

Sekushi
July 23, 2004, 10:26 pm
Ville unlocked it! =o

Hax!

IBT
July 24, 2004, 2:11 am
??i dont see this as spam...
its a prase you f00l! :P

sanity
July 24, 2004, 3:56 am
soldat is great coz it has simple but addictive gameplay which makes it highly replayable. most games you get sick of very quickly but not soldat.

frogboy
July 24, 2004, 4:09 am
My HOSTS file > Your avatar.

*adds line 127.0.0.1 www.potentknowledge.com to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\HOSTS*

Darksider
July 24, 2004, 11:09 am
Soldat is good because we make it grow with maps, mods and other stuff.

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 24, 2004, 11:40 am
Because it is actually a shooting game that doesn't have trash talking retards thinking that they are the toughest guy on earth (CS), consistently have new noobs to bash and kill, and new maps and mods to keep it interesting (I did my part on this, check out Ctf_Berlin people!)

b00stA
July 24, 2004, 12:59 pm
Locked.