( search forums )
GRANADES : Good , Bad and Tricky
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
NotrusT
March 11, 2004, 12:09 am
GRANADEs : The Good , The Bad and the Tricky

By Notrust (Choas clan)

I didnt knew where to post this topic , so i posted it here :)
I wont bother with your time , and say that the first 2 parts ( The good and the bad ) are known to most of the players , newbies need to read that .
But you can read the 3rd part ( The tricky ) . In the 3rd part maybe you can learn something new ;) .

You will have to excuse me , for the mystakes i will make , english is not my language :)
Well i have been playing soldat for a while now , dont remember exactly how long .
So this is the beggining , i am sitting at night , drinking coffee ,want to go to sleep , have alot to do , but instead of all that
i am writing this article . Bah , lets get down to work
GRANADES - GENERAL

You dont know how to kill a "pro" sniper who is camping ? You missed a shot with barret , didnt knifed him . To wait for the reload is way too long and you will probably get killed while trying to run away ,
to go pick up your knife is a suicide when your enemy is near it with full ammo . What is there left to do ? The answer is simple : USE GRANADES !

GRANADES - GOOD
How may times garanades helped you to kill those campers , barreters or just some lame noobs that run
on to the granade , without noiticing it :) . Granades help you most of the time , it can be used to kill multiple oponents with sinlge
shot , but it doesnt happen often . There are great variaties of throwing granades .
1. You can throw granade on the floor , in hope
that your enemy didnt saw it , and will just run up on it . This is good when you play with newbies , but it wont
help you againt skilled players that have there eyes on you all the time .
You need to use difrent granade tactic against "Pros" , but we will discuss that later on .
2. You can throw the granade right at the enemy . You can say that that is easy , all you need to do is to have an aim . But it isnt that easy ,
its not difficult to do when your enemy is on the ground , and all you need to do is to throw a granade right at himBut when you are in air thats diffrent.
You need to calculate the Trajectory of the granade and the trajectory of the enemy flight. Another problem with this is that it doesnt always kill the enemy
with first granade , often yu have to throw 2nd granade to fniish him . It isnt comfortable becouse every second counts .
3.Calculation of the trajectory . When it is immposible to throw granade right at tha enemy or on the floor , comes the trajectory .
You can use trjectory from the walls to kill enemy on the other side of the Barrier . This can be tricky becouse sometime granade will bounce right back to you and probably kill you.
It is also helpful against snipers and camepers who are sitting in "hard to get places"
ANother good thing with granades , is to cover your trail . When you got an enemy flag and whent to the tunnel it would be wise to throw some of the
granades behind you . that would kill enemys that are trying to catch you , or just will slow them down ( noone will run straight at the granade if he noticed it )
If you want to kill them , i would sugest to throw granades quickly and not to watch what will happen to them , just run . the enemy will look at at you , or the flag
and wont nitice granade that lies behind you , and the BOOM. another frag .

GRANADES - BAD
Yep , granades are good , but they arent perfect . I wont say all the problems with granades , just the most important ones.
The granades are some things that just wont help you in some situations .
One of the things that i hate about granades is suicides , but its acctualy not the granades fault , but mine :)
Another bad thing about granades it isnt always kills enemys , and thats just fraks me out . I am very tired to tell you about all the bad things
with granades , and you probably know it , so im going to the next part

GRANADES - TRICKY
The first thing i want to tell is that tricks are not bugs so dont piss me during the gameplay when i am using them .
MY favorite part . Ok for all you who wanted to learn tricks with granades.
Ok , so there is a "pro" sniper killing you every time , and how hard you
wont try you just cant get to him . What shold you do ? Answer : use tricks
that idea come to me when i was playing 1 on 1 with some sniper , that was camping all the time . I figured that i need something
to kill him , so after the game i started to wotk on the tricks , well most of you probably know them , but just incase
*Grane trick jumping : all you need to do is throw a grande so it wont exsplode and come to about 1 cm to it , and just about it will explode you need to jump ,
if you will do everything righ , you will get a very good boost from the blast , and it will help you
fly on great distnace in short amount of time , if you will do it wrong , you will porbably die :) . This metod is good form jumping up , and in sides (
for that you will need to jump not up , but over the granade in side in which you want to get a boost.
That trick is very useful aganst camper and snipers , they just wont know what hit them .
You can combine multyplr boost , all you need to do is throw more that 1 granade and calculate the trjectory and time . I used it myself and it did the job.
If you want to be good at trick jumping you will need to practice alot .
The second trick is alike , but it is good in teammatches , or ctf games . The point of this trick is to have your teammate throw a granade at you (without friendly fire)
so you will get a lift from explosion.
Another trick (well this on is actualy a bug) with polygons using the granade i wated to tell about , but becouse it is very rear , difficult and most likely ,
you wont be abble to do it i decidet not to tell about it , for that bug i was called a cheater many times :)

Well thats all that i wanted to to tell about , it took me about 10 minutes to write this article , so respect my hard work :)
And if you dont like something or dissagee with me , then [:-censored] you , becouse its mine opinion

GRANADES - CONCLUSION
Well its up to you to use the granade in what way you want , and please if you find out some tricks with the granades share it with us .
Personaly i Use granades after i used primary and secondary weapon , but its always fun to do some tricks on public servers.

Gl and HF

kevith
March 11, 2004, 12:59 am
I hate that poly nade bug in ctf_laos. I thought that was supposed to be fixed in 1.2 [:(] And I'm not convinced those stupid nade suicides are entirely my fault either.

AerialAssault
March 11, 2004, 1:49 am
u should write a book about the history of grenades in video games

BMF
March 11, 2004, 2:03 am
can you write a book about me?

Hitman
March 11, 2004, 2:08 am
I didn't even read the whole thing, but Wow, you really don't have a life!

NotrusT
March 11, 2004, 2:17 am
Hmmm , life ? whats that?

Hitman
March 11, 2004, 2:35 am
Exactly, you wrote over 1,300 words on grenades in a computer game! Isn't that just a tad worrying?

NotrusT
March 11, 2004, 2:44 am
Nah , i couldnt go to sleep , had to do something .

Hitman
March 11, 2004, 2:52 am
Lol, ok..

N1nj@
March 11, 2004, 3:00 am
quote:Originally posted by NotrusT
Nah , i couldnt go to sleep , had to do something .

if I couldn't sleep, I wouldn't write a 1300 essay on grenade. lol.

NotrusT
March 11, 2004, 3:05 am
Well... , you are not me , and i am not you

BMF
March 11, 2004, 4:04 am
Hitman
Commander

Talk about having a life

peemonkey
March 11, 2004, 4:50 am
SNAP!!!

when i cant sleep, i burn stuff...the fues usually do the trick....then i play soldat

Aquarius
March 11, 2004, 6:29 am
good article

enigma
March 11, 2004, 8:12 am
stop flaming him. his post was probably better then what you will ever do, and ever done.
all you flamers doing here is just bsing good people, that want to share something to the new and growing community. so plz, if you dont know how to appreciate this kinda things, then either stfu (yes, this is my most used word as you may noticed), or go away.

-----
nice guide NotrusT. i learnd some few tricks out of it (yea, i'm not that 'vet' player either).
keep it up :)
(btw, your language is godly compared to mine ;P)

Element_101
March 11, 2004, 11:06 am
quote:Originally posted by BMF
Hitman
Commander

Talk about having a life

Fight Fight Fight Fight!!! Wooho :D

Hitman
March 11, 2004, 11:36 am
Hitman
Commander

Talk about having a life
Lol, I was waiting for someone to say that. Well, seeing as I'm stuck at home (Only a few people who know why will understand) I've got nothing else to do.

..You're ghey BMF!

Drama
March 11, 2004, 12:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hitman
Hitman
Commander

Talk about having a life
Lol, I was waiting for someone to say that. Well, seeing as I'm stuck at home (Only a few people who know why will understand) I've got nothing else to do.

..You're ghey BMF!

Winter [V]

DT
March 11, 2004, 1:42 pm
When i can't go to sleep i bang my head on stuff and then wake up with a big bump on my head.... and a loss of 500 braincells

Da cHeeSeMaN
March 11, 2004, 6:53 pm
if u really want to see granade tricks dl the superman soldat vido it so fukin funnny

BMF
March 11, 2004, 9:39 pm
quote:..You're ghey BMF!
i am not ghey, i am fabulous

Sekushi
March 11, 2004, 10:02 pm
Lol, I struggled just to get 1,500 words on my report. You really don't have a life.

Hitman
March 11, 2004, 10:06 pm
quote:..You're ghey BMF!
i am not ghey, i am fabulous
Lol, thuperb!