( search forums )
Horrible bug (Access Violation, I read the sticky)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Cloaked
March 11, 2004, 5:37 am
I have a problem that persists through reinstalls and complete mother[:-censored]ing purges of every file related to Soldat on my computer. I never had a Cmodule.dll file anywhere on my comp. I've deleted the dx.chakakaka or whatever it was. There are no programs running in the background save windows itself. I have uninstalled, deleted everything, then tried reinstalling, five times with just 1.2 then twice using 1.15 then patching it to 1.2.

Whenever I request a server list the list populates itself with the same servers over and over (It will show the same server 3 or more times.) If I click on a server to join, it never joins. If I sort the list, my computer hangs for a good 10 seconds then sorts the list, creating about 500 gibberish servers in the process (Servers with no pings and unintelliglable names.)

After I do this, if I try to join a game it gives me the access violation error. It also does this if I click on 'exit', so I cannot shut down the game without using alt+control+delete and shutting down its process.

I have never had this problem until a few days ago, when in the middle of a match soldat crashed. It has never worked since.

I now expect one of you will come in and post that 6 step thing. It is horribly outdated, and does not fix this problem.

Edit: Oh, and by the way, for some reason I can join the dnagames server. Well, at least it puts me in a server when I join 'soldat.dnagames.net' This does not work with an IP address.