( search forums )
stationary guns
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
sbconnor34
March 11, 2004, 6:35 am
i put the stationary guns on the map but they do not appear when i play the map.[every thing else appears perfectly}

Tha Doggfather
March 11, 2004, 7:08 am
have you checked on stat guns in the option menu in soldat??

did you compile your map before saving?

Aquarius
March 11, 2004, 7:17 am
Did you put the stat. gun right above the ground?

sbconnor34
March 11, 2004, 2:45 pm
ya now it works

Zero72
March 16, 2004, 8:00 pm
1st post. w00t.

I just registered so I could ask about stationary guns... When I try to put them in, I just can't freakin' get them to work right. Sometimes they're halfway in the ground and sometimes they're just a pixel or two above, but either way, they don't fire normally at all. Way slower. Hardly even a point to them.

So, where exactly should I put the spawn point? Just a couple of pixels above ground?

Tha Doggfather
March 16, 2004, 8:05 pm
yeah, not too high, not too low. try putting them on a point where polygons do not connect to eachother, thats usually the cause that the sg fires in small bursts

Zero72
March 16, 2004, 9:29 pm
Ok, I've tried putting the spawn points two pixels above, one pixel above and directly on top of the platforms... With slightly better but still nonfunctional results. I'm gonna give this a couple more tries, now overlapping the spawn point and the terrain by a pixel or two.

Bump-edit: It's come to my attention that the guns aren't working regardless of the actual position of the spawn point. [xx(]

They seem to keep appearing a pixel or two too high.

...HELP![:-weepn]