( search forums )
New dedicated server, logging.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
ramirez
March 11, 2004, 1:00 pm
Does the logging work correctly now?
I have it currently disabled, but I'd like to enable it and write a parser and implement stats for the server website, but I won't do this if it causes bugs in the game or something like that.
If you are going to post, but you aren't SURE that does it work or not, please mention so, so I won't get uncertain information.
Thanks.

DNA.styx
March 11, 2004, 1:09 pm
my console server is logging kills, console and gamestat.txt

ramirez
March 11, 2004, 1:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by DNA.styx
my console server is logging kills, console and gamestat.txt

Well, I am not sure if the Windows Dedicated Server ever had problems with logging (I run Linux dedicated server), and does everything still work correctly for you, for instance can all players join?

Gurney Halleck
March 11, 2004, 4:18 pm
I don't know if this is relevant or not. But i tried to keep a log of stats with a prog I d/l'ed but it didn't log anything?
I installed it into the soldat folder and ran it in the background...its here:http://www.selfkill.de/webv3/content/sd_downloads.php?action=overview Soldat Statistics 1.2
any ideas?

ramirez
March 11, 2004, 4:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by Gurney Halleck
I don't know if this is relevant or not. But i tried to keep a log of stats with a prog I d/l'ed but it didn't log anything?
I installed it into the soldat folder and ran it in the background...its here:http://www.selfkill.de/webv3/content/sd_downloads.php?action=overview Soldat Statistics 1.2
any ideas?

I think that Soldat Statistics 1.2 does not keep log of the stats, but rather is just used to display them.
Set the "logging" to 1 in config (soldat.ini), and then you can use the Soldat Statistics 1.2 executable to display them.

Gurney Halleck
March 11, 2004, 4:47 pm
ok thanks I'll try that when I get home.

DNA.styx
March 11, 2004, 7:03 pm
does everything still work correctly for you, for instance can all players join?
Yes, with the new version I've not had any reports of people not being able to connect...

ramirez
March 11, 2004, 8:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by DNA.styx
does everything still work correctly for you, for instance can all players join?
Yes, with the new version I've not had any reports of people not being able to connect...

Well, I might be wrong, but it was a problem with Linux server at the first place.