( search forums )
What do people have against Soldat?!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
cup_of_squirrels
March 11, 2004, 5:01 pm
Seriuosly though, people laugh at me just because I play Soldat :/

Im not proposing hat we make this 3d (You do that and I could never forgive you Michal..) but more the fact that we show people just how cool Soldat is. So what if it hasnt got flashy 3d photo realistic-graphics? So what if it doesnt have a huge amount of players and servers? Soldat has more gameplay than any two games put together and thats all I care about.

Does anybody agree with me?!

b00stA
March 11, 2004, 5:14 pm
some people have to become more open-minded.. I guess that's the right word.

"wtf 2d, how poor. oh and it's from poland, i'm sure they stole everything. do they even have computers in poland? omg hahahah"
fact is, everybody who said something like that LOVES Counterstrike.

You can't force them to like it.. let them try it and don't tell them how much Soldat rocks.. so they don't have any expectations.

Shyo
March 11, 2004, 5:17 pm
they think soldat is to easy and you don't need "skill" to be good in it..

DizzyTea
March 11, 2004, 6:02 pm
i have only one thing against soldat.... lol ..... heh ..... barret noobs althoughi think owning them its just well nm

i hate barrets

soldat the duck will agree with me [^]

MisterX
March 11, 2004, 6:22 pm
Same here. They think it's a stupid, kiddy game with [:-censored]ty graphics, because it's 2D.

Michal the Soldat duck rocks, of course.

Da cHeeSeMaN
March 11, 2004, 6:50 pm
i love cs but the problem is i suck at it but... soldat i love it cos i much better! plus i like respawning fast! but a really good game is tribes2!!!!

Triple T
March 11, 2004, 6:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by cup_of_squirrels
Soldat has more gameplay than any two games put together and thats all I care about.

Well and what if you put together Elma and GeneRally?

MisterX
March 11, 2004, 6:54 pm
uuh Tribes2 rocks...
And yes, another point why people who actually played Soldat hate it, may be that Soldat is just too simple. It needs skill, but not that much. I would say if you play a week, every day and really long, you'll get really good. In Counter-Strike you have to learn many more things, and the aiming is pretty hard, that's not simple. In CS you can really feel how you get better, but in Soldat the step from noob-player to good-player is not nearly as high.

cup_of_squirrels
March 11, 2004, 8:14 pm
Elma and GeneRally? Never heard of em

The Orange mage
March 11, 2004, 8:18 pm
Elma if I'm not mistaken is "Elastomania", a motorcylce/puzzle game, and GeneRally is an amazing freeware racing game which, oddly enough, I just finished playing before I logged on here.

Famine
March 11, 2004, 9:05 pm
Soldat is more on the moment of the game, while other is more like "What is going to happen next" Orange MAGE your avatar is SO FUNNY!

N1nj@
March 11, 2004, 9:09 pm
I dont have anything against Soldat itself.

?
March 11, 2004, 9:16 pm
i just hate poland =D

Sekushi
March 11, 2004, 10:06 pm
Wow, look at him/her/it go. *noting Orange Mage's avatar*

Hitman
March 11, 2004, 10:27 pm
Although the Soldat game play is great, I think that the one reason why so many people like Soldat and have been playing it for so long is cause of the Community and because of the ease with which people, who know each other, are able to 'bump' into each other on different servers. Lol, the other day I meet BMF in some Brazilian server, at the bottom of the list, and then I got the [:-censored]ing Decompression failed error! I mean think about it, Soldat without this community would suck, you go on a server, you hardly/don?t chat and you don't know anybody. I think it?s mainly due to the small size of the community, so it kind of seems like family (No, I haven?t been smoking anything)?with the distant relatives such as SuperKill?

Although this is the first game forum I've been in, I'm sure that it's pretty unique, I mean we have so many characteristics in here, that makes this place special. IMHO if Soldat didn't have the community it has now, I'd have already left Soldat a while ago due to boredom. I mean don?t get me wrong I love Soldat and love playing it, but the people who I now know from it and the community just top it off! That?s why people come back, cause not only do they miss Soldat they miss the community..

BMF
March 11, 2004, 10:34 pm
AHAHAHA, i got the SAME error right after you disconnected

DrocK
March 12, 2004, 12:14 am
I trully love soldat, i actually started on version 1.0.5 old times, yes, but that kind of soldat will not change, the people who quit etc..
anyway going off topic, soldat is like the only game i play, out of all my games for example my ps2 games and xbox games soldat is like my hobby ehehe..
i dont know if people agree on it but i do soldat is adictive [:P]

Hitman
March 12, 2004, 12:25 am
quote:Originally posted by BMF
AHAHAHA, i got the SAME error right after you disconnected
Hmm, Weird...

Duke33
March 12, 2004, 4:03 am
People used to joke about me playing Soldat. Now they don't, and besides I don't play it a lot. I just have to say that gameplay is so, way, more important than nice graphics. Soldat, to me, has some of the best gameplay I've ever experienced, for all that its 9mb and free (well, you know what I mean).

Also I have to agree with someone, who said the community is unique. It is. The people on these forums are what keep me coming back. The game's fun, but all games get old after a while. People don't. That's what I think.

Hitman: Hey, you like Incubus too? I love them--just bought their CD. Awesome.

Kamikaze_Ninja
March 12, 2004, 4:12 am
woo love 2d games specially free one's as u can see by my sig ;) lol
yes gameplay rox, my lag sux, gameplay still rox, fun still although for some reason
unplayable for me online X_x oh wells....

Spooky
March 12, 2004, 4:15 am
my policy with elitists is and will forever remain "let em miss out"

Holden
March 12, 2004, 8:01 am
quote:Originally posted by cup_of_squirrels
but more the fact that we show people just how cool Soldat is.

Well, who cares what those people think? Those are the same kind of people that go "Hey, I bought this game, look at the awesome graphics." And you go "Come on, this control sucks so much!" and they go..."yeah, but...LOOK AT THE GRAPHICS!"

I play Soldat because it has incredible gameplay, and never gets REALLY boring, unlike CS and other FPS (some excluded, ofcourse). Just like I could never EVER get really tired of Lemmings, because of the awesome gameplay, I will never get tired of Soldat.

But some people just don't get it, and it must suck to be them.

Aquarius
March 12, 2004, 8:32 am
There is only 4 games I played over a year: Civilisation series, ADOM, Quake and Soldat.
If you think that Soldat has bad graphics, try to play ADOM [;)]

SiB Danne
March 12, 2004, 10:13 am
quote:Originally posted by Aquarius
There is only 4 games I played over a year: Civilisation series, ADOM, Quake and Soldat.
If you think that Soldat has bad graphics, try to play ADOM [;)]

OMG u need a better computer, are u even able to run cd's on yours? I don't think Soldats graphics are bad, since its a matter of FPS and ping. Less graphics = faster game = better pings = better for the player.

Aquarius
March 12, 2004, 12:19 pm
Actually... no. I don't need a better computer.

palloco
March 12, 2004, 12:29 pm
Old computers rox! Specially my K6-III

cup_of_squirrels
March 12, 2004, 1:50 pm
hitman, I totally agree with your....speech. I know what ya mean about a family :D I know loads of people here and they're all friendly. I mean, I went the Steam forum (y'know, counter strike and stuff) and I posted a topic about new maps and why there were no new ones and like three quarters of the posters slagged me off saying to make my own new maps. Im not saying I hate other games, I love a game of counter strike and Day of Defaet and Natural Selection are like, 1337. But there is such a vast community that its hard to really, make friends. Here its a nice friendly community. May Soldat live forever [:-toast]

Aquarius
March 12, 2004, 2:52 pm
Amen.

Drama
March 12, 2004, 2:55 pm
some time ago my friend laughed at me when i told that i play soldat...

While ago i asked what you do in your free time?
-"well mostly i play soldat"

Hitman
March 12, 2004, 3:13 pm
Hehe, I'm glad you agree.quote:Hitman: Hey, you like Incubus too? I love them--just bought their CD. Awesome.Yeah, I love Incubus, their new album rocks. Yay, we've got another Incubus fan in this forum. Viva la Resistance!

?
March 12, 2004, 7:18 pm
its not really a resistance it it was one then you would be listening to punk probably

Hitman
March 12, 2004, 7:33 pm
Doesn't matter ?.

..Loser

?
March 12, 2004, 7:34 pm
you have to be correct in the way to use music