( search forums )
Forum Additions...
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
Hitman
March 13, 2004, 2:40 am

Well, as some people know I made a Gangland. I joined the Gangland [url="http://www.forumplasma.com/gangland/index.php">Forums because I am planning on getting the game.

Getting to the point; The Gangland Forums has this neat little option in the form for posting a new topic. It?s a poll option; which enables you can make a poll in a new topic. I think it?s a really cool addition and above all it?s really easy to use. Seeing as you have to be registered to make a topic, I?ve included a screenshot of the posting form with labels explaining this feature.

You can see sample poll topics here.

Styx, I think this would be a really good option and it would make it easier for people to make polls, instead of having to go through all of the people?s posts (this probably being one of the main reasons why they don't bother making polls) as well as giveing them an accurate result (We all know what topics usally end up as on this forum). This took me a while to explain, link and label so please think about this one, cause I think most people would agree that this would be a good addition.

Secondly, I think this used to be an option and if so I feel it should be re-added. A lot/most Forums have this, this is of course being the ?Notify me when a reply is posted? option. I think that this would be very convenient for everybody, especially for the newbie?s to the forum who just come on to ask one question. For example; if someone has a bug and makes a topic about it in the bugs section, instead of having to constantly check the forums to see if someone has replied why not just have an e-mail sent to them when someone does.

I?m not sure how hard this would be to add/re-add, but this should defiantly be added/re-added.

Well, that?s about it, what d'yawl think?

BMF
March 13, 2004, 3:00 am
i can see a [:-censored]load of useless polls coming soon

Unless.. All the new polls must be moderated. I can see that happening

Hitman
March 13, 2004, 3:04 am
Good point, I agree, but having to moderate them would give the moderators more to do. Plus, it's not like the rest of the topics aren't useless already.

..This would just add convenience to the uselessness [;)]. No seriously I think this would be a good addition. Plus if people don't like it, it can always be taken out again.

Captain RibMan
March 13, 2004, 5:08 am
southparkx.net has the poll option too, people there dont abuse the feature but i guess its cos they are all older

peemonkey
March 13, 2004, 5:51 am
lol:
barret poll: noob, or 1337?!?!
barret poll: keep it, or leave it?
barret poll: do you use barret?
barret poll: do barreters have less skill?
barret poll: do these pants make my butt look big?
barret poll: is there anything wrong with using is?
M79 poll: why isnt it more like the barret?
barret poll: exploding bullets, yay or nay?
barret poll: nerf, or no nerf?
barret poll: why is it frowned upon?
barret poll: where's the cream filling?
Vahicles poll: rapid fire barret?
barret poll: bring back the 0.9.4c barret!!!

ROFL!!!!! -limit the number of polls on the same topic to 2.(1 for barret, a BIG one, there by default)

Aquarius
March 13, 2004, 6:56 am
I want poll.

DNA.styx
March 13, 2004, 9:45 am
1) Polls, more than likly in the next forum upgrade

2) Email notification is a forum killer, I've added the bookmark mod as a replacement, again until the forum makers improve the email notification system.

Hitman
March 14, 2004, 11:44 pm
Oh, ok, good to know about the polls.

What do you mean e-mail notification is a Forum Killer?

peemonkey
March 15, 2004, 1:27 am
aguarius is all like: I want e-mail notification.

what'r yer rules for the poll's gonna be styx?

?
March 15, 2004, 1:31 am
i think the poll idea is good for the suggestions thread maybe it should jsut be for that thread

peemonkey
March 15, 2004, 1:36 am
the lounge needs it too. like: which are better, boobs, or butts? (btw, it's butts)

?
March 15, 2004, 1:38 am
o gosh i am torn between my to greatest loves, boobs or butts!! SO EVIL!!

Xalion
March 15, 2004, 2:25 pm
Polls: Make an addon to the forum where people can suggest polls, and make it global untill people have voted (in top of main page etc.)

Email notification: This might be help full: http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=41139
Shouldn't be any problem making a queued prosessing. You could also make a loft on how many topics you could subscripe to, etc. 5 or 10.

As I've suggested before, you could also add the subscriptions to an individual rss feed (or feed the bookmarks)
I also think you should inform people of how they should use the rss feature (guide for different applications)

By the way there is a new version of Snitz out (3.4.04)

Hitman
March 16, 2004, 12:22 pm
quote:Polls, more than likly in the next forum upgradeDo you know when this upgrade is gonna be?

Tintin
March 20, 2004, 1:22 am
I especially agree with the second point, for I am one of the people that visit the forum rarely and this would be very helpful.

Drama
March 20, 2004, 12:26 pm
phpBB is quite noobish... this styx's snitz thing best forum this far