( search forums )
the wheel of time
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
bucky_brad
March 13, 2004, 6:18 pm
just out of interest dose anyone here read the series "the wheel of time"

if you read any novels at all you should start reading these books right now. It started out awsome but around the 8th book the writer
(robert jordan<<< he wrote conan) started to write [:-censored] but im still gonna read the rest nomatter how [:-censored] they are because the previous were just so awsome that I cant not read the next ones.

btw if you do read novels what do you read??

Tha Doggfather
March 13, 2004, 7:40 pm
lotr

bucky_brad
March 13, 2004, 8:00 pm
lotr was [:-censored] i seriously cant see why people like that book. The plot and [:-censored] was good, but tolken
couldnt write for [:-censored] imo. His writing made me fall asleep it was like 4 pages to describe a scene i really dont wont to read a book were 3/4 of it are the setting.

?
March 13, 2004, 8:12 pm
hey if you don't like it them shut up obviously there are more people that like then don't, i love the books

bucky_brad
March 13, 2004, 9:14 pm
jeez t no more crying ok, i read the whole 3 books and i truly didnt like them. thats my opinoin adn i will vioce it how i like.
(unless a mod stops me lol)

btw do you guys read alot of books?

Captain RibMan
March 13, 2004, 9:45 pm
I hate books all together.

ClanKwH
March 13, 2004, 11:10 pm
lol i gotta be really high or really drunk to read a book

DeafBox
March 14, 2004, 1:40 am
lotr were seriously sh!t. all they do is sing. sooooooooooo lame.

Kamikaze_Ninja
March 14, 2004, 2:05 am
I r teh illiteratez sorreh o_O

?
March 14, 2004, 3:00 am
kidna figure to have to reaction after all most of this forums is just a bunch of idiots

gi.joe
March 14, 2004, 5:53 am
i actually quite liked LOTR, books and movies..

but i aint got beef with those who didnt.. personal preference and all.

:)

Aegis
March 14, 2004, 6:09 am
Eh- Anyone here read Clive Cussler novels? He's my favorite author, nice suspense novels with a lot of action.

Weed
March 14, 2004, 6:52 am
The Stand is the best book out there (Stephen King)
but i dont think all the lotr geeks will like something a bit more realistic the elves and dwarves...

that fuking sniper
March 14, 2004, 11:30 am
I've read Dune, by Frank Herbert, its 3 prequels, by his son, Brian Herbert.

Powers of Ten, forgot who wrote that one. It's basically a book with pictures, each one a tenth power in distance from the next. It's enlightenning how big yet small things can be.

LOTR were great books. I liked them, personally.

Musicology. Book that describes the appeal of music in general to people.

bucky_brad
March 14, 2004, 11:37 am
yeh i Heard dune was a good book would you reckmend it??

that fuking sniper
March 14, 2004, 11:51 am
Its my favourite. Its prequels dont fall too short either, but there is noticable difference between the father's writing style and his son's.

bucky_brad
March 14, 2004, 4:40 pm
oh so its 2 different authors ?? thats actually pretty cool i may buy those books after I finish the wheel of time, thats if the fukin author finished the books, his newest book is actually set in a time before all of the other books, like episode one of starwars or something. it suxxorz cause i wanna know what happens next, not before lol ><

Duke33
March 14, 2004, 8:30 pm
The Wheel of Time is an awesome series, I've read all of them. Dune's really awesome too. Just for clarifaction, Frank Herbert wrote the original series in the 80s, and now his son is writing prequels to that series. Wheel of Time is probably my favorite work of fantasy, Dune my favorite work of Science Fiction.

I read a lot. Other favorite authors: Tom Clancy, Terry Pratchett, Robert Ludlum, J.R.R. Tolkein, Bill Bryson...

bucky_brad
March 15, 2004, 7:43 am
what did you think of the last couple of books on the WOT series??

i personly thought they were a bit slow but meh... wat are ya gonna do

Duke33
March 27, 2004, 12:15 am
Well, it's called 'The Golden Compass' in Canada, that's all I know. Anyways, I read the whole series a while back. Good books, although a little complex. Quite interesting in the last book, although I understand it offended a lot of Christians.