( search forums )
Few server questions (Soldat Admin -- Linux)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
Swad
March 14, 2004, 4:11 am
Got a few questions regarding running a server. First of all, I am running a linux server with the latest download of the dedicated server. I see from documentation as well as from when you start the server that it is not possible register with ASE. I guess it something that is in UDPSoft's ballpark--from what I understand. Is there any remote possibility this will change in the future -- ie: is functionality here still be pursued? It would really be of great benefit to have a linux server query-able from ASE. Nothing wrong with the lobby, but I do feel that ASE pulls in a lot of players.

Second. I cannot connect to my linux server with Soldat Admin. I am connecting remotely. I do have UDP ports 23073 and 23083 open on the firewall in front of the linux server, and for kicks I opened TPC 23073 thinking that might be how Soldat Admin communicates, but I guess not. I can successfully log into admin in the game with: /adminlog password. So I do know I can admin and that the password is set properly (in the .ini). Is there anything else I'm missing regarding why I can't get Soldat Admin going?

Hopefully I can get some input on how to get this admin interface working. Would love to see ASE support come through in the future. HOpefully UPDSoft or whoever else might be responsible can make it happen for the linux server.

Thanks!

Swad
«cronies» servers

Gurney Halleck
March 15, 2004, 11:33 pm
yeah I tried Soldat Admin but had no luck either.
And same here on the ASE front, it would be good to get mor players that way but mine doesn't register..I dunno, hope others can help

meij
March 16, 2004, 7:53 am
i read somewhere that he needs help from udpsoft to add ase support to the linux verson. also the soldat admin for windows doesnt work with the linux version for some reason.