( search forums )
All Seeing Eye
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
Gurney Halleck
March 15, 2004, 11:29 pm
Why does my game never appear on ASE...?
It says it's registering but I never find it when I look...
it's also always got "???" as a ping in the lobby even when I re-ping?
any ideas?
cheers

kevith
March 16, 2004, 12:21 am
Have you opened the necessary ports on your router? Can anyone join your server?

that fuking sniper
March 16, 2004, 5:14 am
I think there's an option called "register in ASE", either on Soldat setup or the game menu, check that box. It should work.

P.S. Its good to see another Dune fan :P

Chakra
March 16, 2004, 5:46 am
...to think they had Patrick Stewart play Gurney in the bloody film..

Gurney Halleck
March 17, 2004, 12:27 am
hahah, yes what a joke..
anyway I have opened up the ports and ppl can join. also that box is ticked and on the dedicated server it says its reg'ing but it doesn't (?)
Gurney

meij
March 17, 2004, 4:30 am
make sure your not sorting your servers in ASE

Gurney Halleck
March 17, 2004, 12:27 pm
thanks but I'm not filtering anything and it doesnt show.. on the server console for Soldat it doenst say registered on ASE like it does for lobby

Denacke
March 17, 2004, 2:59 pm
Gurney, are you behind a router? if so you'll have to open ports, some tutorials will be found at some help section on these forums..

Drama
March 17, 2004, 5:19 pm
Seems like he is using the console version, it doesnt register to ase

DNA.styx
March 17, 2004, 8:33 pm
the windows version does register with ASE.

Silk
March 20, 2004, 12:31 pm
Click "Lan Games" on the left and hit refresh. ASE doesn't scan local IP's, so if you are networked it won't show.

Michal Marcinkowski
March 20, 2004, 5:50 pm
ASE works only with the dedicated server that comes with the game. The console version doesn't work.

hannotje
March 30, 2004, 1:07 pm
But if you link the port to the server, like i tryed it should be found...

But it doesnt register both at my server, im using an router, setted my server in the dmzone, and forwarded the ports to my server.

Everyone can join by ip, but it doesnt show up in the server list, can someone tell me how to do that?

And witch ports does soldat use to register the game?, other ports then the server ports?

Gurney Halleck
April 7, 2004, 1:14 pm
Hi, I'm back
2 thingies:

1)
yeah so thanks for all the ideas but the problem is that I have forwared it through tmy router but ASE doesn't pick it up...the serverlist and lobby does though.
It's the dedicated server I use...I just think that more ppl would join if it was on ASE (i have the new maps and I reckon more ppl would learn about them if ASE worked)..

2)
also I had to reinstall windows and since then the server commands dont work (cant even teams with a bot, it's very annoying).
I have tried reinstalling SOldat but to no avail..any suggestions?

thanks

Gurney Halleck
April 7, 2004, 1:43 pm
OK ignore 2)
I found out that since the update I HAVE to put a password in and log in to be the admin..before I didn't need to..
sorry

c.h
April 25, 2004, 9:05 am
I have the same problem. I have NAT and I have opened ports to soldat and everybosy can join my server. But it doesn't show it in ASE.
Everything works fine but only thing is that it doesn't show it in ASE. And screen is below

http://www.angeltowns.com/members/kema/private/screenshot115.gif

DrocK
April 26, 2004, 9:49 am
1.Dedicated only works in ase
2.check config if the box "register with ASE" is checked
3.and if its a linux dedicated it wont show on ASE "what i mostly seen"

Gurney Halleck
April 26, 2004, 1:42 pm
yep i know these things...its windows and its checked and its dedicated

oh well