( search forums )
Pop-up stopper
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Eagle1
March 16, 2004, 12:38 am
Anyone know of a good pop-up stopper that is free and you get to for however long, not some 30-day trial or some crap?

Aquarius
March 16, 2004, 12:55 am
Dont use Internet Explorer, it is the worst browser on Earth.
Download Opera - the best browser I know (it has pop-up blocker too)

[URL]

Chakra
March 16, 2004, 1:06 am
Other than Opera (the future love of your surfing-life), try Google Taskbar.

Captain RibMan
March 16, 2004, 6:44 am
taskbars? i hate taskbars
none of the tools are useful

Hektik Sniper
March 16, 2004, 8:26 am
or use mozilla firefox, has a popup blocked plus super cool tabbed browsing.

Cold Fusion
March 16, 2004, 10:03 am
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Firefox!

palloco
March 16, 2004, 10:13 am
FEEL THE POWER!

[IMAGE]

Aquarius
March 16, 2004, 10:39 am
HARRR! Opera rocks the web!

[IMAGE]

Firefox too [;)]

Hitman
March 16, 2004, 11:05 am
*Bows Down* Me just loves you! (Opera, that is..)

Hova
March 16, 2004, 6:56 pm
MyIE2 - http://www.myie2.com
Avant - http://www.avantbrowser.com

Try those, they both use IE as a base browser.

enigma
March 16, 2004, 7:27 pm
firefox is gay... long live the phoenix (firebird)!

Drama
March 16, 2004, 7:33 pm
Internet explorer is ok

GET GOOGLE TOOLBAR! (blocks pop-ups and you can search from google by typing something under your address box)

Hektik Sniper
March 16, 2004, 7:48 pm
firebird > firefox anyday, but i like to keep up to date so i use firefox. I think i still have firebird on my laptop though

palloco
March 16, 2004, 7:49 pm
enigma, what is your problem with firefox. Certainly I dunno what is the difference between fox and bird, they work the same for me.

Eagle1
March 17, 2004, 1:58 am
Hey thanks everybody but I decided to download Firefox but olny cause the name sounded cooler than opera, But thanks everybody[8D]

AerialAssault
March 17, 2004, 2:12 am
dildo! :D

Eagle1
March 17, 2004, 3:28 am
and I got one more quick question can you change the home page?
I dont know if that sounds stupid or not but can you?

Hova
March 17, 2004, 3:36 am
Go to tools, then options, then select the General button on the left side of the box. It should be the first option on the right side of the page.

societies_punishment
March 17, 2004, 8:17 am
i once had a popup blocker that blocked popup ads however it poped up to notify you every time it blocked one .... infact that is more annoying becuase you see the same godam thing everytime i got rid of that bull[:-censored] and got THIS!!!!

presenting "clean my pc"

from downloads.com

Its simple right to the point, no spyware (if you care) and stays the [:-censored] outta your way. If you want to turn it off becuase it is blocking a popup that you want ... (youll see what i mean), theres a button that has your blocked amount, click it and it will allow popups until you click it again. VERY VERY AWSOME program and the best thing of all its free free free...

It hasn't let me down yet and I give it the Punishment Approval

You could use other browsers, but they often caused me more problems and take alot longer to download then this did.

If you need some insurance that it works 74,000 people downloaded it and 84 percent approved thats pretty good for downloads.com

Aquarius
March 17, 2004, 8:32 am
quote:Originally posted by Eagle1
Hey thanks everybody but I decided to download Firefox but olny cause the name sounded cooler than opera, But thanks everybody[8D]

Hey, at least TRY Opera [:D] You cannot CHOOSE, if u haven't tried other great browsers [:)]

palloco
March 17, 2004, 10:11 am
But Opera is not free :P

Aquarius
March 17, 2004, 10:29 am
??? Oh, yes... but the version with a banner is free [:D]

Just try it, you will love Opera banner with Google text ads [;)]

Eagle1
March 17, 2004, 4:43 pm
ok I'll try Opera but im at school right now so I'll post when I get Opera at my house.

EDIT:I do not like taskbars they suck in my opinion

Souza
March 17, 2004, 9:51 pm
google taskbar is great.. i have it installed specially caus of the friggin pop ups :\

societies_punishment
March 18, 2004, 8:10 am
if you want to get rid of the stupit adware and spybots then find spybot search and destroy and or adaware they are both free but i got the full versions off of edonkey and kazaa

Eagle1
March 18, 2004, 8:04 pm
Yeah I got the adaware and I run that every once and a while but not that I got rid of the Internet Explorer I dont get any pop-ups. Thanks everyone!

Cookie.
March 18, 2004, 8:13 pm
my pop up stopper is called pop up stopper it works perfectly www.panicware.com it appears that it costs 30 dollars but i can give u free if u want it