( search forums )
Firewall?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Biggoggs
March 17, 2004, 5:56 am
Hi all,

Heres the thing. I can't join `net servers because I'm behind a [Linux] firewall. So, the other day I create an internal LAN server, and check 'List in lobby', because the other guy on my lan can't seem to list it. It didn't show up on his computer anyway, so we thought it didn't matter. Halfway through the game, an internet player joins. It took me a few seconds to realise, but oddly enough, a few internet players started joining, and weren't dropping off. When I try to join a game, however, I can join and walk around, but after a few seconds, it just stops.
What sort of network architecture does Soldat use?! Firewalled, I can't join an external server, yet external players can join my game?!

(Not really a support message, but a discussion on Soldat's networking)

Cheers for now

n00bface
March 17, 2004, 6:13 am
I think the problem you're having is joining dedicated server... firewall's have that problem, if ya run a search through the forums for "router" and "can't join" and "server", you should be able to figure out how to fix that :p (Something about setting Compression=0 in soldat.ini - might wanna, as I said, check up on that first :p)

DT
March 17, 2004, 1:35 pm
Hey shouldn't this be on server corps?[^]

Drama
March 17, 2004, 1:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by n00bface
I think the problem you're having is joining dedicated server... firewall's have that problem, if ya run a search through the forums for "router" and "can't join" and "server", you should be able to figure out how to fix that :p (Something about setting Compression=0 in soldat.ini - might wanna, as I said, check up on that first :p)

That only helps if you create the game