( search forums )
Ping jumps / Fluxes
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
DeafBox
March 21, 2004, 3:08 am
For some reason about 1-2 weeks ago my ping started to flux. I have cable and when i play on local australian servers i get like 33-55 ping. But during the game when i run into ppl and shoot the ping and the dot in the top corner rise. And i mean like up to 150 - 233. So u can notice it and its a real pain in the ass. Also, i can usually host a server, but now every1 gets massive laggg spikes.
The thing is ive been playing on these servers before this happened and it used to be fine. no jumping at all.

I figure it must be a problem with my net or my comp is running slow and lagging it. So i did a virus scan and spy ware clean out and also uninstalled a whole lot of sh!t. but it didnt do anything.
I checked on my isp's site and it said that the service status was normal so im pretty sure its a problem at my end.

I figure the next step is to format the pc and start fresh. id rather not..... but yeah... i will if i have to.

So is there any suggestions as to what the problem might be and what i should do?