( search forums )
Quality
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
bucky_brad
March 24, 2004, 3:06 pm
has anyone noticed the Quality of the forums droping?
its seems im just rereading the same post over and over.

theres nothing new, different or fun... its all crap.

btw where the fuk did spitzifa go? lol he never even made a
going away thread... oh yeh a i havnt seen night cabby for a while
either...

BMF
March 24, 2004, 5:49 pm
go to hell [:-censored]

Deleted User
March 24, 2004, 9:06 pm
You can't expect the same people to stay on forever. People move on and we get a new crowd. Thats life.

BMF
March 24, 2004, 9:39 pm
quote:I think NC quit after Michal rejected his panel idea (noobs/experienced/veterans). It's pretty sad.
That was one retarded idea. I dont know how NC managed to come up with it.

Duke33
March 27, 2004, 12:25 am
Oh, sorry Bucky Brad. Didn't mean to offend. You are in full rights, then, like any other vet to bitch about the state of the forums and how things were better back in 1.05.

Thank you Hitman. But, indeed, don't step in the bull[:-censored]. Whatever that means. I don't really know. Ah well.

Hitman
March 27, 2004, 12:30 am
I think he meant your post. Beats me..

Alamo
March 27, 2004, 1:15 am
The problem is that there are more and more noobs in the forums. As games get more popular more people try them and more noobs flood the forums.
I remember once i wrote (tried to write) games with a program called RPG Maker. I started to get used to the program and started helping people out in the forums. But then an article about the program was published in a local magazine (germany). The forums got flooded by newbies who asked the worst questions (comparable to 'How about mines?') and asked them over and over again because they did not find the Search button. Slowly the forums died and a lot of people dropped from the forums. It's the same here...

palloco
March 27, 2004, 9:13 am
It is not the same. People here is addicted to forums. Look Outcast. He said he left but I bet he is even reading this. Hi Outti!

bucky_brad
March 28, 2004, 2:13 pm
heh heh its cool duke no offense taken ^^
but i guess its kinda good that newbies start comin to play as its give micheal insentive to
make the game even better, even if they do screw the forums a little.

BMF
March 28, 2004, 5:23 pm
all i am saying is that some people are full of [:-censored]

Hitman
March 28, 2004, 5:24 pm
True, true..

Deleted User
March 28, 2004, 6:13 pm
Yeah, like yourself BMF [:P]

Duke33
March 29, 2004, 4:55 am
Come now, don't be rude. Heh. And although you do have a point, I must agree with BMF. Some people are full of [:-censored].

[Oh, hey, you're sauron_the_deceiver. Just read your sig. Nice seeing you again, I remember you]

Alamo: No, it's not the same thing. People ask stupid questions, and at first they don't know that they are stupid. Then, as they stay on the forum longer [if they do], they understand how stupid their questions were and they don't ask them again. And when someone else asks the same questions, the now 'vet' gets to bitch at them. Its an interesting cycle. The thing is that Soldat has a dedicated base, and so no matter how many stupid questions asked, or suggestions suggested, the forums and the game goes on. Minus a few annoying newbs.

that fuking sniper
March 29, 2004, 7:16 am
There are no stupid questions, Duke, only stupid answers. I'm happy to see that you're back and posting.

And yes, people are full of [:-censored]. Everyone is, relatively, theres no escaping it.

Deleted User
March 29, 2004, 3:14 pm
I think its more that everyone has the potential to speak a load of crap. However, most people can control the flow of the stuff escaping their mouth [:)]. To be honest, sometimes, I'm one of them...*remembers the 1.2 beta testing*

Duke: Shame you don't post so often these days. I miss the monkey in your avatar so damn much..

that fuking sniper
March 30, 2004, 7:01 am
Its not a damn monkey, its a Guinea pig!

Duke33
April 2, 2004, 3:57 am
Guinea pigs do kick ass, I must admit. I remember people making references to 'simian royalty'. Good times.

Seriously, thanks TFS. I come and go, I'm afraid, and I'm not always able to go on (school, homework, lots of stuff). As well I try to restrict myself from coming on too often, because I've been addicted before. Still, depending on various things, I come on anywhere from every couple of days to every week. I enjoy seeing the old vets post, such as yourself.

Stalky, thank you...*sniffle*. By the way, why did you change your name?

BMF
April 2, 2004, 4:41 pm
because he is "special"