( search forums )
Eesahe's Soldat Guide
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
eesahe
March 24, 2004, 9:02 pm
Part I: Moving faster

It's very important to move fast when you must catch that enemy flagcarrier running out of your base, or to kill that barreter who's trying to run away after missing a shot.

Basically, you have to play a lot to become fast. Dodging bullets in air is extremely hard, and it can only be learnt with experience.

I will teach you some of the basics of moving fast. These are meant for beginners who have just started soldat, but even if you are an experienced veteran you can always learn something new.

Basic movement

Rolling from edges

Try to roll from the edges which are "sharp" enought for that. This gives you some extra speed you are going to need. You have to touch only the edge when you are starting the roll, and you must finish the roll in air, so that you won't slow down. If you land before the roll finishes, you will lose more speed than you gained at the start of the roll.

[IMAGE]
Rolling from edges

Jetting over obstacles and jumping

Try to jet over all obstacles which will slow you down. Also, try to land so that you can jump as many times as possible. Jumping gives you some extra speed too.

[IMAGE]
Gaining speed with jetting and jumping

Here's an example about how you can use these skills in practice:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/eesahe/moving.avi (4000 KB)

The end of part I, Next part is coming soon.

kevith
March 24, 2004, 9:14 pm
That's a nice little guide there. I pretty much just constantly jump as I run and use a lot of these same techniques without even thinking about it.

eesahe
March 24, 2004, 9:15 pm
Yeah, when you have learnt these techinques properly you don't even have to think about using them and you will use them.

Hitman
March 24, 2004, 9:25 pm
quote:I pretty much just constantly jump as I run and use a lot of these same techniques without even thinking about it...Nice Guide btw.

Spectral
March 24, 2004, 9:31 pm
nice. something i and many others do is boost with m79 as leaving flag compartment

?
March 24, 2004, 9:40 pm
jumping and rolling kinda come natural if you play soldat long enough

BMF
March 24, 2004, 9:42 pm
The guide is kinda pointless in my opinion. It's like teaching somebody how to drive a car without actually driving it.

Plus you learn to move in teh first two days of playing anyway. Better give some actual CTF advice.

Sekushi
March 24, 2004, 10:17 pm
More like Eesahe's Soldat Guide for Complete Deusches :) This stuff comes naturally after you play Soldat very quickly.

Weed
March 24, 2004, 11:15 pm
im sure many of the ppl here would find this guide usefull if they wouldnt think they are soldat gods ;)

i got the same advices when i just started playing... only that i got them from many ppl... self experience is still the only way to succeed ;)

Veronica
March 24, 2004, 11:47 pm
Nicely done Ee! Its not worthless at all. Since you're making more chapters. Don't forget the chapter "How to throw knifes" ;)
looking forward to reading next one

kevith
March 25, 2004, 12:02 am
quote:Originally posted by Veronica
Don't forget the chapter "How to throw knifes" ;)
Chapter 2: How to Throw Knives-
Press F.
[;)]

BMF
March 25, 2004, 12:15 am
pwned

Element_101
March 25, 2004, 12:33 am
There is a certian skill to it but with enough practive it comes natural,

Not bad but yeah I have to agree with BMF its to basic but the new ones shold be more advanced I hope