( search forums )
Barret
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Phamp
March 25, 2004, 12:06 pm
I wouldn't like to be on the receiving end in RL.

http://www.republika.pl/barrett/pliki/1.rm

You would be ripped apart if they used the whole clip :/

http://www.republika.pl/barrett/zdjecia.html

lots of pics ^ notice how everysingle barret is deployed on a stand.

Sekushi
March 25, 2004, 12:40 pm
Lol pretty cool. Thank God it isn't like that in Soldat.

kevith
March 25, 2004, 3:19 pm
No kidding... he fired off 10 shots in like 5 seconds. (But I'd like to see him fire while running with it ;)

Spectral
March 26, 2004, 12:34 am
ahh he pronounced it "bare-it". I've always thought of it as "ber-et"

DrocK
March 26, 2004, 1:40 am
sigh inspiring ppl to use barret[:P] but anyway like sek said "Thank God it isn't like that in Soldat." or we all would be invaded by barrets

Element_101
March 26, 2004, 9:06 am
Wow thats insane

SanityAssassin
March 26, 2004, 3:29 pm
gotta love a rifle thats made as an "Anti Tank/ANTI MATERIAL!" weapon...and is now being used by the military against people...and if that wasnt bad enough, they use incindiary rounds in them..so in case they just skin you...theres still enough of an explosion to [:-censored] up that part of your arm

BManx2000
March 30, 2004, 8:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by Spectral
ahh he pronounced it "bare-it". I've always thought of it as "ber-et"

Probably due to his accent :P

DizzyTea
March 30, 2004, 9:10 pm
the noobs would destroy servers with a bare-it like that[:o)]

KnOt
March 30, 2004, 9:15 pm
*Pukes* [xx(]

Alamo
March 30, 2004, 10:23 pm
And i thought this is a new 'Barret-users are dumb' thread... I have a pic of a newer 'shoulder-fired' Barret. There you go:

[IMAGE]

AerialAssault
March 31, 2004, 5:19 am
thats a big ass bullet

Sekushi
March 31, 2004, 5:35 am
Wouldn't that, uh, kind of hurt? Y'know? On the shoulder?

BManx2000
March 31, 2004, 6:27 am
It probably has super-advanced recoil reduction systems :P

Mechanoid
March 31, 2004, 7:06 am
Why the hell do you think the butt of that gun is poking out +6 inches from the shoulder pad?

OH COURSE IT HAS RECOIL REDUCTION SYSTEMS!!!

[;)]

Firing a barret like that can knock you on your ass so fast, too...

Phamp
March 31, 2004, 10:32 pm
thats just a big spring in the butt

Hova
March 31, 2004, 11:51 pm
Luckly, its not the barret we have in soldat :P

?
April 1, 2004, 12:18 am
I need to get me one of those.

bucky_brad
April 1, 2004, 2:09 pm
i dunno element lol wouldnt it kill them in one shot anywayz ^^

Phamp
April 1, 2004, 6:50 pm
not if you shoot them in the legs..

dellard14
April 3, 2004, 4:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by Phamp

[xx(] it'd take ur whole leg off . . .

Phamp
April 3, 2004, 5:01 pm
good job we have two then.

ToTu
April 4, 2004, 6:54 pm
Well if you lose a leg you can still jump using your remaining 1 and then you can kill the barret guy with your powerful USSOCOM[:D]

dellard14
April 4, 2004, 7:49 pm
yeah, but still, that is a scarily powerful gun . . . an face it, guys, if ur leg has just bin ripped off by this guy too far away 4 u 2 see, ur not gonna want 2 run towards him . . . plus if he hit u in the head, there'd b nothin left of it. nasty.

BlackSpear
April 4, 2004, 9:43 pm
well I would be more scared if someone with a minigun stood infront of me then a guy with a barret, and anyways you mostly don't see sipers standing infront of your face aiming trough a scope hehe :P

Alamo
April 4, 2004, 11:05 pm
That gun uses 12.7mm ammunition... It was designed to pierce tank armor and kill the driver, gunnist and commander... That's absolute bad-ass! :)

BlackSpear
April 5, 2004, 1:08 pm
well idd, but you should see the effect of a minigun at close rage, don't think any reletive can ever indentify your body when it's used for 1 minute hehe
couse the minigun is actualy made for busses of people, cars and helicopters and sutch stuff hehe
(but it totaly sucks in soldat :S)

KnOt
April 5, 2004, 1:33 pm
Scary ..

Alamo
April 5, 2004, 8:05 pm
It sucks in Soldat cuz it's a [:-censored]in heavy weapon that is normally mounted on helicopters... Noone (except from our loved Soldiers) could never carry such a baby and survive the recoil...

Deleted User
April 5, 2004, 8:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by dellard14
yeah, but still, that is a scarily powerful gun . . . an face it, guys, if ur leg has just bin ripped off by this guy too far away 4 u 2 see, ur not gonna want 2 run towards him . . . plus if he hit u in the head, there'd b nothin left of it. nasty.

No, you're gonna hop towards him instead [;)]

kevith
April 5, 2004, 8:31 pm
If I had to come face to face with either a minigun or a barret, I would take my chances with the barret. Not convinced? Don't take my word for it....

edit: Gotta give credit where it's due. A link to this video was orginally posted by TheArc awhile back and I was just going to link to that thread. However, that link no longer worked so I just found a different one.

Famine
April 5, 2004, 9:16 pm
alright, so you can fire it standing up, but I would like to see a man running and jumping while firing with tha taccuracy

Snipedmyself
April 5, 2004, 11:28 pm
do the sniper dude VS the fast as$ gun....heheh yeh!

Sekushi
April 6, 2004, 12:14 am
...and what would that proove?

HellRaider
April 6, 2004, 2:55 am
that snipedmyself is retarded :)

BlackSpear
April 6, 2004, 1:54 pm
ey have that clip too, only a bit longer (and not from the soldat forum)
you don't want to have that van after you hehe

Captain_Jimbo
April 7, 2004, 9:12 am

My God, can you imagine the horror the Barret would be if it fired THAT fast in Soldat? *shiver* Even though I'm definitely not a fan of the Barret, that movie kicked ass, nice pictures too.

Captain_Jimbo
April 8, 2004, 11:23 am

What if it hits my hair?

Weed
April 8, 2004, 12:53 pm
just gimme an m-16 and ill be happy...

oh lol, ill be getting one soon...

SuperKill
April 8, 2004, 1:21 pm
you're getting a frying pan

Alamo
April 8, 2004, 4:08 pm
That vids awesome.... Is that a real video w/o any tricks and stuff???? Oo

BlackSpear
April 8, 2004, 4:52 pm
ofcourse it is, why would it be?
the barret can fire as fast as you want when there are still bullets in the clip, that's a fact...

dellard14
April 8, 2004, 8:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by BlackSpear
well I would be more scared if someone with a minigun stood infront of me then a guy with a barret, and anyways you mostly don't see sipers standing infront of your face aiming trough a scope hehe :P

if there was a guy wit a minigun aimin at u id feel real safe, soon as he pulled the trigger he'd b on his back :)

Alamo
April 9, 2004, 1:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by BlackSpear
ofcourse it is, why would it be?
the barret can fire as fast as you want when there are still bullets in the clip, that's a fact...

But s/o needs to hold the recoil or you'd be shootin birds after the first shot to your target...

BlackSpear
April 10, 2004, 2:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by Alamo
But s/o needs to hold the recoil or you'd be shootin birds after the first shot to your target...

that's the same with every gun :P

AerialAssault
April 10, 2004, 6:39 pm
miniguns in soldat are underpowered...

Phamp
April 10, 2004, 7:51 pm
Nah, you just gotta get real close.

Sjuge
June 12, 2004, 12:20 pm
How about just making the minigun a stationary weapon, so you would have to crouch to use it, and it would have the Jesse James type of effect? [:-devil]

vegkl
June 12, 2004, 3:15 pm
Ppl, just try the minigun in real. Just do it.

Hitman
June 12, 2004, 4:00 pm
quote:Originally posted by myself in this thread

..from the main man himself:quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski

Only I can change Soldat, I know that I've made the right decisions in Soldat 1.2...The only thing that people complain and always complained (some people don't remember the complaining in 1.05b but I do) is weapons balance. For me it is perfect now. Most people get used to new weapon settings and play. But some will never be happy. I have total control of all aspects of Soldat. The only thing I do not want to do anymore is balancing the weapons. That is why I decided to release a weapons editor with the next version of Soldat. There will be original weapon settings and they will stay as in Soldat 1.2.The weapons balance will not be changed, no matter how much you complain! These threads are pointless, because no matter how much you complain they will not be changed!The weapons balance will not be change, so don't argue about it, and use the Weapons Editor when it comes out. Simple as that.

Droopy
June 12, 2004, 4:07 pm
Oh boy! A weapon editor!

Goody! Now I can update my mod that u don't know about!

BTW: Did Mich say anything about teh next version?

bucky_brad
June 12, 2004, 5:02 pm
quote:Me to theres a couple of people that need to be tort the lesson of pain :D

quote:i dunno element lol wouldnt it kill them in one shot anywayz ^^

quote:Bucky_brad.. wtf as if that isent going to kill you first shot no matter were it hits you, you will die from shock

hmm... what post were you reading element.. [:-censored]ing retard

b00stA
June 12, 2004, 6:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by Droopy
Oh boy! A weapon editor!

Goody! Now I can update my mod that u don't know about!

BTW: Did Mich say anything about teh next version?

I emailed Michal because of the M3U playlists and asked about the weapon editor (how it's going, what it's gonna do), but he only commented on the playlists. Maybe he overlooked my little "PS:"

Edit: bucky brad, chill.

Drevay
June 12, 2004, 10:28 pm
A minigun would be torn apart by a barret, in one shot. Only thing the minigun has going for it is its rate of fire.

Drevay
June 12, 2004, 10:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by Sjuge
How about just making the minigun a stationary weapon, so you would have to crouch to use it, and it would have the Jesse James type of effect? [:-devil]

Haha, I remember when he pelted the hurse with a horde of bullets with a minigun. That was quite extraordinary I must say. [:-devil]

Element_101
June 13, 2004, 1:14 am
quote:Originally posted by bucky_brad
quote:Me to theres a couple of people that need to be tort the lesson of pain :D

quote:i dunno element lol wouldnt it kill them in one shot anywayz ^^

quote:Bucky_brad.. wtf as if that isent going to kill you first shot no matter were it hits you, you will die from shock

hmm... what post were you reading element.. [:-censored]ing retard

Ok Ok buddy, I read the post wrong my bad, no need to buck up a fuss...

juhdi91
July 1, 2004, 6:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by ?
I need to get me one of those.
yeah... i agree...... I TOO WANNA THAT BARRET!!!

Niff
July 4, 2004, 11:51 am
That fancy-schmancy bar thing reduces 60% recoil because it makes the muzzle flash go outwards, reducing the amount of pressur smashed against your shoulder. Also, the barrel retracts when you fire it.

Dathker
July 4, 2004, 4:29 pm
holy [:-censored]! i want one of those....:)

Unlucky 13
July 6, 2004, 6:47 am
quote:Originally posted by dellard14
quote:Originally posted by Phamp

[xx(] it'd take ur whole leg off . . .

that would kill u from blood loss any ways![B)] oh and if u didnt die from that, ud scream louder than ud eva hav be4!