( search forums )
Binding the Spacebar as a Control
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
neonfaktory
March 27, 2004, 1:23 am
Hello - first post, hooray!

I would have searched for this, but apparently I can't log in at the moment, so I can't use that feature. To be honest I don't even know if this will work, but whatever.

All I'm wondering is how you can bind the "Spacebar" as a control for Soldat. When you try to do it through the Player screen like normal, the act of pressing the spacebar to make it the key selects the option again, so you go around in circles trying to assign it but then selecting it again.

If it's not possible through the GUI, I'll just do it through the ini, but I need to know the key code for the spacebar to do that. So any help you can provide is appreciated :).

Hitman
March 27, 2004, 1:58 am
This is a known problem. What you have to do is click on the function to which you want to assign the 'Spacebar' as a control. Now, press the ?Spacebar?, hold it down and click on another tab e.g. 'Start Game', 'Join game'?etc and then let go of it. That?s it! The ?Spacebar? is now is assigned to a function.

neonfaktory
March 27, 2004, 3:07 pm
Ahh, thanks much! :)

Deleted User
July 7, 2004, 11:31 pm
Yes that worked for me.

Another way to bind space bar is to edit soldat.ini

In the [CONTROLS] section, edit the action to number 57. This is the key for spacebar.