( search forums )
I have a question for you...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
DR.
March 27, 2004, 6:32 pm
Hi...could you tell me, campering in a TM and in CTF is defined "noobish"? I think is normal a sniper has to cover his friends. I could understand in a DM but why is so wrong in the other 2 modes?

DR.
March 27, 2004, 6:33 pm
ehm...sorry for my english... :P

palloco
March 27, 2004, 6:35 pm
Nothing is wrong in this game. But I suggest you go camping outta the map. It is funnier.

DrocK
March 27, 2004, 6:50 pm
if you wanna be one of million of campers go ahead, but trust me, in every match they will call you noob even if u been playing a lot, anyway thats all i got to say
peaz

DR.
March 27, 2004, 7:04 pm
well...I use M-79 but now i decide to improve my skill in snipering, but the problem is that i think is normal for a sniper cover other friends...why is defined noob? Yes, it could be easier than go in action but i don't think a camper could a player with more kills than one using a different weapon...or i have a strange idea of a sniper's role in game

palloco
March 27, 2004, 7:16 pm
That is the problem, a camper with few time playing can kill anyone.

DR.
March 27, 2004, 7:19 pm
uhm...you're right too...

BMF
March 27, 2004, 7:19 pm
Camping is not wrong, its freaking annoying. If you camp, you annoy other people, if you annoy other people, you disrespect other people. If you disrespect other people, dont expect anybody to have any respect for you.

Take a look at Superkill for example. He made fun of everybody and now he is a community fool. Nobody will say two words to him.

DR.
March 27, 2004, 7:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by BMF
Camping is not wrong, its freaking annoying. If you camp, you annoy other people, if you annoy other people, you disrespect other people.[...]

but...it's normal that you could die because of a sniper's shot...I think the real reason is palloco's one...

BMF
March 27, 2004, 7:46 pm
i think you need to write down the things i say

DrocK
March 27, 2004, 7:51 pm
make it quick CAMPING SUCKS and there is no skill on it
Thats all

kevith
March 27, 2004, 10:26 pm
I'll take a camper over a barret assaulter anyday. Maybe there's no skill in it, but so what? It doesn't take a lot of skill to do a lot of things. Soldat lesson for the day: No matter how you use the barret, people will be annoyed by it. I think there's a moral there or something.

?
March 28, 2004, 3:37 am
just use this taunt: I'll call teh whaaaaambulance!! and you can add in :How about I buy you some french crys. if they keep on whining :P

cup_of_squirrels
March 28, 2004, 10:50 am
Well its ok to do now and again but doing it over and over again all the time is just lame :x

wert21
March 28, 2004, 11:30 am
Ciao Dierre.

Soldat is, like all games, made for enjoy who's playing. As BMF said, camping is annoying. sometime i tried to camp, but after 30 secs i thinked "mmm, how campers do? don't they fall sleeping?".
Btw, camping is stupid, it's like beat someone that can't see you. hehe.

SuperKill
March 28, 2004, 12:20 pm
OMG !! i'm such a fool you're gonna make me cry ! ;'(

DR. the people that says "camper, noob, barreter, minigun whore, lagger, warper" etc.. are the true newbies.. just ignore and keep killing them, trust me its the best solution ;P
oh and dont mind bmf.. he's just mad cuz his fake pic thread didnt went like its supposed to ;]

Dark_Noddy
March 28, 2004, 12:53 pm
Only skill in camping is when U shoot som1 who is out of the range of sight using ur EXP to determin where he is ! Camping (as mentioned) Sux, in CTF I think its ok ^^ Camping is NOT lame, just annoying ! A camper wont win the match unless its full of newbs.. He will only kill U and then U'll get annoyed coz U think its a waste to die at the hand of a stupid sucker in a bush ^^

BMF
March 28, 2004, 5:26 pm
All my threads go as planned. Except for one, long time ago, but everybody forgot about it...

Hitman
March 28, 2004, 5:33 pm
quote:he's just mad cuz his fake pic thread didnt went like its supposed to ;]It went exactly as planned!

SuperKill
March 28, 2004, 6:04 pm
oh it was planned to show everyone his crappy faking abbilities .. ok then it worked

Hitman
March 28, 2004, 6:15 pm
Nope, it was planned to piss you off...and it worked.

Icarius
March 28, 2004, 6:20 pm
AH HA HA, This topic caught my eye and believe me, this will be fun. Alright Dr. It's fair enough you want to snipe and things, but you have to realise that, most campers in this game will always lurk around spawn points and such, just far enough away so the spawner can't do anything about it. The problem with the Barret at the moment is that it's still insta kill, which means a garunteed kill every time you shoot. In affect, the usual spawn time is too slow and means you'r just going to get shot by one of the millions of snipers lurking on the walls on bunker. It offers no challenge, except to dodge single bullets that seem to travel the speed of light.

Now don't get me wrong, the barret is a fun weapon, but it's still unfair beyond all recognition. It's insta-kill element just means you can sit and [:-censored] people over and over until you win. Fair enough, if you miss, you still have a socom, law, knife or chainsaw, meaning you still have a chance killing someone. It's that simple really.

You can do it if you want to mate, but if you want the entire community to disrespect you, then sure, [:-censored]ing do it. Come 1.2.1. or whatever though, weapon editing means that some people will make mods resulting in the gun getting nerfed to hell.

SuperKill
March 28, 2004, 6:44 pm
lol sure it pissed me off.. i broke my screen cuz of it too

iLLskiLLs
March 28, 2004, 6:58 pm
their isnt a problem with anything DR. Just some ppl Get owned, Cry about it and cause other ppl not to like u. Its all ok though You arent playing for them, your playing for yourself..

F842
March 28, 2004, 7:15 pm
Dont take it seriously. People call people noobs all the time. Even it ther not. Get uesd to it n dont mind.

wert21
March 28, 2004, 11:34 pm
Let's shot bushes men! And if it bleeds, let's continue to shot.

societies_punishment
March 29, 2004, 7:34 am
Acually I like the campers because it's alot easyer for me (being on 26k) to kill people that aren't moveing, even if they get me they stay right there and I can get them when I respawn or one of my nades that lingers kills them.

BMF is right! it is fuking annoying in the worst way when someone does that, so they feel the obligation to call you names to take the attention away from them getting pwned so bad.

Really, it all comes down to people whining ... you'll never hear me cry about getting shot by the barr or any other gun for that matter

I guess my advice is dont listen to them. They just wanna pass the blame on the fact they can't win it's sad really in fact it pisses them off even more when you don't even respond to it.

what do you guys think?

DR.
March 29, 2004, 12:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by iLLskiLLs
their isnt a problem with anything DR. Just some ppl Get owned, Cry about it and cause other ppl not to like u. Its all ok though You arent playing for them, your playing for yourself..

Yes...but actually i have no problem if a player calls me noob...but I think is normal when u play in a team that a sniper covers other friends...if someone thinks is annoying it's not my problem, but it's different annoying from noob...

in DM campering is not useful, but in team games i think it is...

DT
March 29, 2004, 2:31 pm
When ever i use the barret (not to often) i don't camp... i'm active i run around and jump in the air and prone.. doing that is quite effective as it improves my accuracy...YEA![:P]

Element_101
March 30, 2004, 5:11 am
Another barret thread will they ever end.. yes you get called noob when you use it ok got it?

societies_punishment
March 30, 2004, 6:50 am
Just don't listen to them just use what ever gun you want ... every server has a whinner about everygun. If they can't handle it they can leave ... or if its a clan match, then their noob clan can forfit. [:D]

Element_101
March 30, 2004, 1:05 pm
I cant say Ive ever been pissed off when someone has killed me with a barret it just dosnt bother me maybe some of you need to take up this idea :D

Icarius
March 30, 2004, 8:01 pm
Oh oh!!! Another good reason never to camp. You [:-censored]ing lose.

zingzing
March 30, 2004, 8:50 pm
its not that anoying if u dont c them b4 they shoot u you do after they shoot you (at least i do)
and then i just kill them ez as eating crumbs that r already in your mouth!
and i dont hear ppl complaining about spawning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2k34o
March 31, 2004, 8:38 pm
the only right way to use a barret is to shot out a guy using a stat gun, after hes dead youll just toss it away and go for it

DrocK
March 31, 2004, 9:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by 2k34o
the only right way to use a barret is to shot out a guy using a stat gun, after hes dead youll just toss it away and go for it

like every barretard will do that, barret sticks to their hands like a magnet and their bodies on the ground, and just look around and shoot HEY ITS SO FUN AND SO PROFFESIONAL SOLDAT!

societies_punishment
April 1, 2004, 3:47 am
Yea, theres no excuse for spawning, well unless your getting the flag but geez people need to stop whineing about the barret, no one can hit me with that ... it's like not that hard to dodge or perhaps it because of my extremly bad dial up that laggs them so bad that they cant hit me ... but w/e