( search forums )
I do not get it
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
palloco
March 27, 2004, 6:41 pm
Why some people after having played a little or some months think they are so good and that others are noobs?
Heh, I've been called today, noob, lame and camper. I am a noob, I accept if you call me lame, but camper... Do I ever use barret? Or maybe I am like the newbie knife camper uncovered and some meters away from the flag, ROFL.

DrocK
March 27, 2004, 6:45 pm
lol i agree man this "real noobs" get pissed when u killed them, that happens in every single server, ppl calling me noob because i go get health in a 1/1 fight... jeez this is getting gay too, i been playing since 1.0.5 and i dont think i'm actually a noob
Hijos de la gran puta que se creen? Chupenlo noobs reculiaos

Sprocket
March 27, 2004, 6:50 pm
i agree, when will we ever catch a break?

peemonkey
March 27, 2004, 7:02 pm
language filter: noob, n00b, noo|3, etc= KICK
thats the only way. and i dont want that. filter are weak. just deal with it, if yer better than them, they dont matter. if theyre better then you, make them no longer matter ;P

DrocK
March 27, 2004, 7:07 pm
i play with my friends i dont usually play on public servers anymore, it sucks, its like Soldat is being invaded by miniguners and barrets, "i'm serious"

palloco
March 27, 2004, 7:15 pm
I am not talking on how to avoid them. I ask why do they exist.
BTW Drock Ia m one of those minigunners :D

DrocK
March 27, 2004, 7:52 pm
palloco lol, using minigun on ctf_death? to get more speed and capture the flag faster?
what a technique ITS JENIOUS!

SuperKill
March 27, 2004, 7:57 pm
DROCK you're contredicting yourself..
hi i'm a barreter nice to meet you.. dead

DrocK
March 28, 2004, 6:28 am
thats nice, i was expecting more of you superkill

societies_punishment
March 28, 2004, 7:10 am
Palloco, you'll get that alot.. lol, you know what I mean right? ever since I have started playing (1.1.3) I have gotten called that, so I came up with my own little saying that pretty much covers it.

"If they call you a n00b chances are they are infact the n00bs themselves"

That's about it, anyone who has called me that has never ever had a good score.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
March 28, 2004, 7:26 am
Well. Were all n00bs in a sence, rite?

peemonkey
March 28, 2004, 7:33 am
maybe you....

eesahe
March 28, 2004, 9:33 am
I was called a noob last time in 1.1.5 I think :P Or was it in 1.1? I'm not sure...

I'm was on a server, using ak. There was someone else with a barret. The conversation went somekinda like this:

Barreter: ak is a n00b weapon, n00b
Me: uhm, I wouldn't say so
Barreter: watch what you say! I'm a clan leader!!1
Me: and..? I'm a clan leader too -_-
Barreter: oh sry

I don't remember anything about being called a newbie in 1.05b, or in 1.0.3b. Most of players were not idiots back then...

cup_of_squirrels
March 28, 2004, 10:47 am
You were probably called n00b by n00bs :P

Drama
March 28, 2004, 12:10 pm
just ignore and smile ffs

SuperKill
March 28, 2004, 12:19 pm
ignore and kill them 8)

Da cHeeSeMaN
March 28, 2004, 12:59 pm
i just dont talk in servers anymore....

DT
March 29, 2004, 2:49 pm
Wow this turned into a anti-barret.... just dodge the shots... and about miniguners... just kill them....

dadarkman
March 29, 2004, 3:09 pm
minigunners are easy to kill...buts guys who lay in a corner with a barret constantly spawn-killing are more difficult... ( maybe not for you guys[:o)])

palloco
March 29, 2004, 3:16 pm
Yeah, open a thread with the word n00b in it and everyone will start complaining about barret and minigun. I still had not seen the first guy answering my question. LOL

cup_of_squirrels
March 29, 2004, 4:33 pm
Oh just shoot the hell outta them geez ;)

Hitman
March 29, 2004, 5:34 pm
quote:geezOmg, teh townie!!

Deleted User
March 29, 2004, 5:39 pm
Aye aye [:-censored] man don't call ma [:-censored] nigga a [:-censored] townie ding else I'll [:-censored] deck ya! Respec'! [:-censored]

Ok, back on topic [:P]. The great thing about whiners is that they spend so much time bitching at the server that you can chatkill them and show them the real meaning of n00b...

Hitman
March 29, 2004, 5:41 pm
*Points at Stalky*

Toni_Cicerelli
March 30, 2004, 1:02 am
I didn?t know this was a big problem. I have NEVER been called a noob. And I am one, lol. I just got cable so I have been keeping myself happy with bots. The major problem I have on line is getting distracted by slapping my teammate. For some reason my team and me always get of track and start shooting each other, lol

Element_101
March 30, 2004, 5:01 am
I dont pay online much so I dont have worry about this :D

Silent-Thunder
March 30, 2004, 8:03 am
remember this, if he is typing and whining then he is too busy to defend himself. That is when you go for a patented groin shot. Anyways camping is ok as long as you give the other team a fair chance i.e. use it as defence not offense.

Element_101
March 30, 2004, 12:56 pm
Ture dat :D

Element_101
March 30, 2004, 1:00 pm
quote:Originally posted by Silent-Thunder
remember this, if he is typing and whining then he is too busy to defend himself. That is when you go for a patented groin shot. Anyways camping is ok as long as you give the other team a fair chance i.e. use it as defence not offense.

Ture dat :D

Hektik Sniper
April 1, 2004, 9:38 am
notice the button labelled "edit" :P

DT
April 2, 2004, 2:38 pm
The reason some ppl are like that is becuse they play Real noobs that just started and say *hey... i'm better, your a noob* and then they fight someone else thats better then them and they say *NOOB!* cuz they suck...
f you don't understand this then your not the only one..

iLLskiLLs
April 2, 2004, 10:11 pm
Think about this, You get called a n00b usually after you kill him, right? HeHe

Happy Camper
April 2, 2004, 11:09 pm
very true, true indeed,

to shut thee "idiots" up, just go along with it they call you noob, you say "yes i am," it makes them shut up so fast, it always works, they can't dis you if you admit it. cuz they have nothing to go on, think about it.

palloco
April 3, 2004, 9:40 am
Nope, I got called noob in IRC

Weed
April 3, 2004, 10:05 am
lol, it is funny
when i just started playing i sucked way too much, and yet, i was never called a noob, but players would say i played nice...
those were the days when servers were mostly full with normal ppl...
and then... bam...
for some reason, all the CS comunity started playing soldat... those fuktards...
they camp behind a stone and think they are supadoopa and let themselves call you a noob...
kinda sad actualy, i prefered 1.1.5 ... then all the noobs would only use barret and never touch an automatic gun in their lives...
in 1.2 all the noobs use mp5 and minimi... and only coz of that, they think they are great lol...
i also noticed that many of those "noobs" have tags before their names... hard to believe what kind of clans reqruits noobs.... well, soldat aint what it used to be :/

BlackSpear
April 3, 2004, 1:49 pm
well, i'm sitting here smoking my join and listening to arthemesia and read this whole topic and i'm usualy first (sometimes second) and always play online since I have ADLS (just before 1.2 came out) and have never been called a noob :S
think if you just don't constantly use the same weapon youre called a noob(don't know if its true couse seem to have no experience with it :P) I have the problem of noobs leaving (without saying anyting, or just a lot of [:-censored] and damn when i keep killing them :P) and leaving me all alone in a server (whitch started with something like 6 players when I joined) but certainly think there are WAY to many noobs in Soldat... its a usualy a 1 on 1 race to kill 30 (or so) noobs (and 1 pretty good person) as fast as you can, that sucks pretty mutch...

ToTu
April 4, 2004, 7:02 pm
I kill guys with barreters and minigunners with the good old chainsaw[:D] but really what do you think about that guys: I killed 1 guy with chainsaw for 3 times when he was carrying my teams flag and he called me a n00b... its his problem that he can't kill a guy with a chainsaw with his barret...

and once smbody wanted to vote kick me cuz i killed him too much... its kinda weird... and then he called me n00b and i tried to say smth like maybe you are calling other noobs because you are 1 and then he missed me with a barret[:P] I was typing and he missed o god that was so funny[:D]

Edit: Double post joined -b00stA

BlackSpear
April 4, 2004, 10:38 pm
well i get kicked a lot without a warning for kicking too mutch ass on noob servers, and I actualy like it when noobs kick me couse they can't stand how good I am lol
it was too easy anyways when I get kicked for that so it doesn't matter to me...

Antifate
April 4, 2004, 10:51 pm
They kill you they call you a noob. You kill them they call you a noob. What can you do?

BManx2000
April 5, 2004, 12:15 am
blow their head off from a screen away and laugh when they call you a barretard :D

BlackSpear
April 5, 2004, 1:04 pm
well the barret DOES suck and I too always say that people who only use the barret and kill me from a screen away are weak and can't play soldat :P
but its ok if ya do that every once in a while, already got used to that sort of crap...