( search forums )
New version of Soldat coming soon!
Soldat Forums - Official Announcements - Official News
DNA.styx
December 10, 2002, 9:55 pm
Posted by Michal on the main site:

I've done almost everything I wanted for the new version now. I still have to convert all the maps to new format and do a lot of network testing. Both are very time consuming. I would say that the next release will be at the end of the year if there will be no real problems of course:) You must understand that the next Soldat will be a completely new experience, that's why it takes so much.

Oh, and Soldat won the Multiplayer Game of the Month Award on http://www.mpogd.com !

RoVeRken
December 10, 2002, 10:05 pm
w00000000000000000t , i'll be getting Soldat v1.1.0 for newyear ;p
just to tell this to, hopefully the maps section of beyond soldat is up then so we can start gathering all the maps for the new version

Flanagan
December 10, 2002, 10:36 pm
I hope that it comes out after new years. I hope I hope I hope. I will be gone until a week after new years, so I hope it is ready when I get back, so I can be the first to try it.

Psyl3ntShad0w
December 10, 2002, 11:01 pm
omg omg omg omg omg omg

Computa_Xpert
December 11, 2002, 12:38 am
AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 weeks, untill I will be the happiest person in the world!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice guy with a gun
December 11, 2002, 2:17 am
ooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhh, a "completely new experience," aaaaahhhhhhhhhh.

Outcast
December 11, 2002, 12:15 pm
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy [:D] [:P]

RoVeRken
December 11, 2002, 12:40 pm
neih accualy i don't believe the new experience part, it's not like it's a new game ... only new sound and layout, no new experience, i like soldat the way it is now, so it's enough to have better gfx and sound and cheat protection

sabba
December 11, 2002, 1:18 pm
i think mike should take the best "user made" maps, and update them to the new format, and include them with the game, im getting tired of playing the same 2 ctf maps over and over again.

sabba
December 11, 2002, 1:26 pm
..damn no edit button.. because not everyone downloads map packs.

Davi
December 11, 2002, 4:11 pm
yay

M
December 11, 2002, 4:43 pm
Merry merry christ mass and a happy new year.I hope it will useless but its more ok.Happy new year and a merry christ mass.Lets play soldat for new year please.

ráz0r
December 11, 2002, 5:54 pm
will we buy it from shops or is it like from site?

M
December 11, 2002, 7:17 pm
I want michal to tell us the new version how it will be.

Outcast
December 11, 2002, 7:20 pm
i think he did...lol

Fred Dj Master
December 12, 2002, 12:26 am
I told ya
mm
I said than hes gonna to release it on christmas
I was wrong..
anyway
those are good news!
:)

RoVeRken
December 12, 2002, 11:24 am
it's free ofcourse ;p and what do you mean with map packS? how many where released then? all i know about is my old one from soldat maps hideout

DT_ZloUmOE
December 12, 2002, 11:42 am
Yuppi!!! But I hope it won't be too realistic!!! It should be the same gameplay as now! :D
And I hope(!!!!!!) that a converter for the maps will be included and that it won't be too complex to convert my maps...
@sabba: kewl idea of the user-made maps! :D Or if not... there should be at least twice the amount of maps than now... their getting booooring ;) (but still good maps ;))

RoVeRken
December 12, 2002, 11:47 am
we just need to find a way to let servers run user made maps, like a mappack that it is running, i'll try to make a new mappack when the new version comes out, based on votes from beyond soldat, but then that site needs to be ready first

Deleted User
December 14, 2002, 1:27 pm
Cool, A newer version. I am looking forward to get it!!!

Flanagan
December 14, 2002, 5:59 pm
I would like a Old Map to New Map Converter, because there were so many good maps made for 1.04 and 1.05. I can't wait for the new scenery. There are a couple of Map Packs floating 'round Rov. I released one. Pike and Psyl3nt are releaseing one, and there are a few more. Check mine out at Beyone Soldat.

Retribution
December 14, 2002, 9:41 pm
What type of new stuff are we talking about here.Any weapons?

DNA.styx
December 14, 2002, 11:47 pm
what you see is what we know.

-Soldier-
December 15, 2002, 6:44 pm
I can't [:-censored]in wait......... that'd be tight if it came out christmas morning.... lol

yorivok
December 17, 2002, 4:21 am
Are we gonna be able to download the maps off a server if we dont have it currently?

DNA.styx
December 17, 2002, 8:44 am
yorivok: "what you see is what we know."

Outcast
December 17, 2002, 1:27 pm
lol

mak89gt
December 17, 2002, 4:08 pm
i wish u could get a snipers rifle that wont take sooooooooooooooo long to reload!

RoVeRken
December 17, 2002, 7:17 pm
you could think of becoming a cheater :p
the reload time is fair, otherwise the sniper would be too good

harrybozack
December 18, 2002, 4:17 pm
Everything is fine the way it is. Im entirely too excited.

Did you happen to address the processor usage in the new version? I can personally tell you that I went through great pains to cool down my processor after a few minutes of Soldat. Otherwise, this is possibly the greatest LAN game to grace the world.

Thanks a lot, regardless.

alexicon
December 19, 2002, 3:37 pm
HOLY [:-censored] I CAN't WAIT DAMN ANY LONGER AND IM GONA KILL MYSELF

DarkOmen
December 20, 2002, 9:03 am
i cant wait...
soldat is so cool...
=)=)=)

alexicon
December 20, 2002, 1:28 pm
howlong is it gonna take now ??? 3 weeks? OR LESS???? or MORE??

alexicon
December 21, 2002, 6:24 pm
DAMN when will it be out axactly does anyone knows?

sanity
December 21, 2002, 7:21 pm
alexicon i think you need a gf...

alexicon
December 21, 2002, 8:09 pm
gf??? i need my pill WERE IS MY PILL GIVE ME MY PILL GOD DAMNIT!!!!

mak89gt
December 21, 2002, 8:21 pm
i hope it will be out by jan1st 2003!

Ta-2
December 22, 2002, 6:24 am
Soldat has too many sucky maps like mikra,fall...
They are supposed to be pure fun but still i dont like those maps.
I hope the new version will have lots of new maps

alexicon
December 22, 2002, 1:14 pm
yea al lot of extra maps to like 15 different CTF maps en more deathmatch/teamatch/rambomatch maps about 25 or more that should give some variation

mak89gt
December 22, 2002, 1:20 pm
yeah, 20, not 15
but, i got 27 ctf maps
know how?
i downloaded them!
download more maps, alexicon!

Social Poison
December 23, 2002, 9:57 pm
I'm mainly curious to see the new modes:
- new Survivor Mode and Realistic Mode
New survior...?

And finally you can lay prone!! :D Sniper heven.

mak89gt
December 23, 2002, 10:22 pm
yeah, whats the difference between the old survivor mode & the next version mode? what is realistic mode?
boy, can i hardly wait for the next version!

Abruski
December 24, 2002, 12:06 am
i hope we wont Pay for SOldat in the future when it becomes cool 600mb game :) .

mateenjahanmiry
December 24, 2002, 3:03 am
we probably will pay for Soldat unless we give donations, everybody PLEASE at least view this page--[URL], to see what i mean by this.

Darac
December 24, 2002, 3:51 am
i recon if they are going to make money off this game you would probably pay to play online rather than just getting the game....

no im not giving ideas!!! look at planetarion... or whats left of it after they forced ppl to play lol.

mak89gt
December 24, 2002, 2:56 pm
wish i could donate, but my allowance has been cut for 5 months, plus a owe many people a lot of money
but i will try to donate by june...

Social Poison
December 25, 2002, 2:18 am
ehhhhhhhhh.... you also need a credit (or check) card, lol.

mak89gt
December 25, 2002, 4:28 pm
oh, my dad will send a check for me, in 5 months

alexicon
December 28, 2002, 5:59 pm
ALL RICH SOLDAT FANS DONATE MONEY SO YOU CAN SVE US ALL
YOU WILL BE A HERO AND BE REWARDED WITH MUCH HONOR AND GRATTUDE(??)
PLEASE DONATE HIM SOME MONEY 10$??? MAYBE 20$ OR MORE????

alexicon
December 28, 2002, 6:04 pm
i know (HOPE) there are people who do this cause what will we do without soldat we will all be bored and will be forced to buy new games who cost 45 euro or dollar and who you play or 4 weeks hen you finished it you neverlook at it again BUT HOWLONG HAVE WE PLAYED SOLDAT?!!?!?!?
LONG so whats 10$ for years of fun thats nothing IS IT???
im from holland so i know [:-censored] about donating to him or [:-censored]

Daz
December 28, 2002, 6:12 pm
i intend donating, just need the cash [:(]

DNA.styx
December 28, 2002, 6:12 pm
yea yea yea ;)

ráz0r
December 28, 2002, 9:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by alexicon
ALL RICH SOLDAT FANS DONATE MONEY SO YOU CAN SVE US ALL
YOU WILL BE A HERO AND BE REWARDED WITH MUCH HONOR AND GRATTUDE(??)
PLEASE DONATE HIM SOME MONEY 10$??? MAYBE 20$ OR MORE????

People don't like anoying nubs, annoying nubs post in capitals.
People don't like beggars, beggars don't get any money.
What makes you think people will send money for you...ur all capitally and beggar'age.[:-pirate]-new words.

crazy_devil
December 28, 2002, 10:21 pm
can you gimme a real date or gimme an advice wen theyl be ready.

DNA.styx
December 28, 2002, 10:34 pm
No date has been set.

Mossy
December 28, 2002, 10:39 pm
Well can you tell us---

"in about __ days", says DNA.styx

Computa_Xpert
December 28, 2002, 10:47 pm
I am planning on donating, but my parents won't let me, they like, screw you kid, you ain't dending 75$ to some guy you dont know. I'm like, he is the coolest programmer in the world, but they still wouln't let me. If soldat is still around 3 years from now, Micheal will be getting 100$ checks in the mail from me every month. SOLDAT FOREVER!

Nice guy with a gun
December 29, 2002, 8:00 am
uhh, you better make sure michal doesn't make you sign a contract for that...

Outcast
December 29, 2002, 7:45 pm
[;)]

sauron_the_deceiver
December 29, 2002, 10:20 pm
would it cost money for michal to actually program soldat? im not saying he doesnt deserve money for his work and generosity but does he need cash to develop the game? surely he has the computer stuff he requires for it?

Abortion
December 29, 2002, 10:55 pm
I agree sauron. It seems to be a hobby more than a career. Not like there are actors to pay and 3d design teams and script writers and all that. I write music and offer it completely free on mp3.com. It's a hobby.

Mossy
December 29, 2002, 11:30 pm
yea I agree too, and if he does get a better computer that just means that some of use would have to upgrade our comps because it would be high in graphics or something. So donations should be available because then it would be up to the players wether or not to give money.

I think 1.1.0 is comming out tonight!!! DNA.styx is online and the site is down(prolly being worked on. (I Think, don't take anything I say about this seriously, but I'm suspisious)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pikkpoiss14
December 29, 2002, 11:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by Mossy
I think 1.1.0 is comming out tonight!!! DNA.styx is online and the site is down(prolly being worked on. (I Think, don't take anything I say about this seriously, but I'm suspisious)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope it's true what you are saying. It's night here, 1:33 and i must go to sleep soon :(. GMT +2:00

Mossy
December 29, 2002, 11:51 pm
nevermind - DNA.styxe just said that he isn't the webmaster so I guess 1.1.0 isn't comming tonight, I think it's just the host of the site, it's been down for a couple hours.

Michal is the webmaster( wow he is quite the coder!)

DNA.styx
December 30, 2002, 12:23 am
I know I can't speak for Michal but time could have a lot to do with it.

Option one: You spend your free time building a game that you give away free to anyone who wants to play it/slag it off/hack it.

Option two: You spend you free time working part time job to earn money to buy a new bit of kit for your computer/house/car or even just pay off a bill.

Without the possibility of some sort of remuneration while doing option one, I'd be looking seriously at option two. Have a look at the conversation I had with TRSSam shows that even just being on the internet costs a lot of money, not everyone has flatrate/DSL connections to keep the cost of 'net access down.

If I'm stuck waiting for a train that is 40 minutes late and end up listening to a good busker outside the station I would give him a couple of quid because I liked/appreciated what he was doing.

So go on throw Michal a couple of 'quid', advertise his creation for him, design a map/mod/new soldat logo, help a n00b who asks a stupid question about Soldat, ban a cheater's IP using your firewall,...we all can do something.

Abortion
December 30, 2002, 1:34 am
How old is Michal?

DNA.styx
December 30, 2002, 1:44 am
no idea :)

Abortion
December 30, 2002, 1:48 am
So he could be living w/ his parents in a beautiful home cashing checks from who knows who and buying smack'ems (you know that cornpop cereal w/ that smiley stoned frog) and who knows what. j/k :P (sorta)

Then again money could be seen as a greater appreciation than just say, playing his work. Its all how you look at it I suppose. Just as long as this doesn't trigger a money hungry nerve. (I've seen it before) (:o)

mateenjahanmiry
December 30, 2002, 2:00 am
LOL, i agree w/ abortion, to tell u the truth, we don't really know how old any1 here is and where any1 here lives or anything. It could be lies to find out were we live to come and kidnap us or something, but i know that's the not the case lol :)

DNA.styx
December 30, 2002, 2:10 am
not quite sure how age comes into the equation.

Donations should be based, IMHO, on the free game that Michal has coded and allows us to play without charge, not on Michal as a person (not that I'm saying he's not a top notch kinda guy who you would by a pint/Sprite for if you knew him in real life [;)] ).

Abortion
December 30, 2002, 2:26 am
Very fair

DNA.styx
December 30, 2002, 2:30 am
quote:Originally posted by Abortion
Just as long as this doesn't trigger a money hungry nerve. (I've seen it before) (:o)
That's true and is just someting we have to take a chance on.

ehst
December 30, 2002, 9:41 am
I also suspected that I would be in this night the launching.
I arrived until commenting with toozler on this.

I have that to enter fastest in English lessons!

[]`s

sabba
December 30, 2002, 11:36 pm
wow, 1.10 is amazing..great job on it mike. the new particle effects are really cool, especially when you shoot the m79 against a wall and you see some parts of the wall walling off.. but the wall doesn't change or anything, its just a neat little particle effect. Its cool how you see little flames on your body when you are dead if you got killed by an explosion. I like how the screen shakes when an explosion is near you.. or how you hear rining in your ears when a grenade goes off near you, nice touch. It also shakes when you are shooting your weapon really fast, nice touch. But i think that the MOUSE cursor should shake as well as the screen. i saw this at my friend Ardaen's house. =)

oh yeah? Y to talk? ugh.. keep it as T. going prone is really cool, i dont like how the guy stands up if you move mouse from one side to behind him... he should get back down after that.

Computa_Xpert
December 31, 2002, 1:48 am
I have always had mine as Y. I think it's a good change.

M
December 31, 2002, 9:24 am
Well i wish it will be tonight but the web site its still down.I think that always when new month is coming the web site is down.Maybe he pay for the web site and he need to pay bills for it.

Mossy
December 31, 2002, 4:00 pm
....oy, everyone is getting a chance to look at the beta - AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH, thats annoying as that fact that some of us can't play it. :(

Deleted User
December 31, 2002, 10:25 pm
Oh mY g0d

mateenjahanmiry
December 31, 2002, 11:28 pm
hey mossy, ur part of the Stick Soldiers community aren't u, i saw ur name and same sig. their!! Hey man, so u like Soldat better than ss?
ps- even though we all know those retards are being stupid and acting as if people are dead, AS A JOKE, i personally think that that is the most retarded thing ever [:D)

Mossy
January 1, 2003, 3:42 am
Yea I thought your name was familiar, mateenjahanmiry. There are some others here I think I know too.
------------------------------
Yes WSU team is having issues right now... Thats why I left to find a better game to support(the game that practically took SS off the top downloads list and download sites)(Soldat)(Soldat basically crushed Stick Soldiers popularity).

I've been hosting a fan site for Stick Soldiers called Stick Junky for at least 2 and a half years now. So I'm prolly going to shut down my site and make a Soldat Fan site in the future. In some ways SJ held that game's popularity together but now is the end. But there has been a history of hostility in those forums... I guess I've passed it on to this forum(damn those ppl), it prolly sounds silly but no one has really gotton along over there exept for the nice n00bs. I guess I've become a rotton n00b in these forums... :( / I'll change.

It's been a rotton year supporting the WSU team.
------------------------------
There is so much to say but I figure no one wants to hear it - If anyone really wants to hear about Stick Soldiers I'll start a topic in the Lounge... I pretty much know everything when it comes to that game.

Mossy
January 1, 2003, 3:48 am
oops, forgot to answer your question (silly me), Soldat is a hole lot better than SS. They both have their own difference wich make them both unique as in all games but I think I'll retire from SS. Time to move on to Soldat for a while.

Plus production on SS2 has ummm.... well the makers have jobs and I think have lost interest in SS. So now they are slacking, The community on their forum has dropped alot, it's like 4 now...

M
January 1, 2003, 8:21 am
I know soldat is better than stick soldiers.The diference is that Soldat has a better graphic,10 weapons,better ai,multiplayer,better map editor etc. and stik solider has awful graphic,the ai is dumb ass and they don't have any waypoints,,little selection of weapons,the map editor is bad,stupid aiming,but its interesting game.

alexicon
January 1, 2003, 12:21 pm
wtf is stick soldiers??????

Mossy
January 1, 2003, 5:35 pm
http://www.whitespaceunlimited.com :

the first SS was made 2 years ago.

the second is still in Alpha version, but still fun.

mateenjahanmiry
January 1, 2003, 6:55 pm
I agree w/ u Mossy, it's cool 2 c a few people here, I hope they at least finish this one last project because to tell u the truth, i still liked SS, even though Soldat is waaay better, it's a very sad thing 2 c them fall apart like this just like that forum u posted in the WSU site [:(]

mateenjahanmiry
January 1, 2003, 6:58 pm
By the way, hey M, u said ss has bad graphics, the whole point of the game is for it to be set in a way so it re-enacts stick drawings and stuff like that we used 2 draw on paper when we were younger. I think we should all give them MUCH credit, i've heard that Michal is in his late 20's and all of WSU are older teens like 17 and 18, it's not easy creating what they did. I also like their site as much as Soldat's 2 tell u the truth, their forums are pretty good too [:)]

Ta-2
January 1, 2003, 7:29 pm
id send money but i dont trust those credit card things. Maybe Michals address so i can post him some money

Mossy
January 1, 2003, 11:00 pm
yea I don't see how ppl can diss SS, teens made it, give em credit for being like on of their first games!

Download.com :
Playability-****
Fun-*****
graphics-*
sound-***

sauron_the_deceiver
January 1, 2003, 11:18 pm
yeh in the game criteria on download.com they forgot:
effort-**************************

Mossy
January 1, 2003, 11:27 pm
lol - yes it is a crazy game and yes the makers had troubles but made it through the first version.....

(wow we are still talking about a different game in the Official News Forum for Soldat.. I feel funny... LOLOLOL)

sauron_the_deceiver
January 1, 2003, 11:38 pm
mossy: exactly my point
if anyone thinks otherwise i challenge them to make a game better than ss or ss2.

Computa_Xpert
January 2, 2003, 12:29 am
JUST RELEASE SOLDAT 1.1.0 NOW!!!!!! PLEASE?

Psyl3ntShad0w
January 2, 2003, 1:15 am
believe me...you dont want it released now...

_NANO_
January 2, 2003, 8:36 am
why Psyl3ntShad0w ...? too buggy?

please tell me something about the new version, i think you have the beta.

PLEASE ;)

what kind of problems have?

DNA.styx
January 2, 2003, 8:54 am
It would not be fair to give details of the *BETA* that we are testing for Michal. It is not the final product.

onehitwonder
January 2, 2003, 2:22 pm
The only thing I want to know is how long of a wait do you think
we will have until michal releases the new version. I thought
the site being down was an indication that it would be out but
the site has been down for a while.
By the way who is testing the new version.

DNA.styx
January 2, 2003, 2:56 pm
No date has been set.

RoVeRken
January 2, 2003, 3:18 pm
i'll i can say is w000000000000000000000000000000000t

onehitwonder
January 2, 2003, 3:30 pm
What is up with the w00000000000000000000000000000000t RoVeRken

mak89gt
January 2, 2003, 3:55 pm
forget the w000000000000000000000000000000000t guys.
i hope version 1.1.0 is out by the end of the month, the graphics are.....how shall i put it......crispy?
it looks really good, and will be worth the wait!

sauron_the_deceiver
January 2, 2003, 6:02 pm
dont ask beta testers about it. if mike wanted you to know then he would have released it to everyone.
i personally dont want to know the date. it will be more of a surprise and less of an agonising wait.

Mossy
January 2, 2003, 9:55 pm
hmmmm better graphics worries me.... - I hope there are good graphics settings because some ppl's comps may not be able to handle it ( like haveing the choice between 16 bit, 32 bit, and so on) ... This has happened to many games that release new versions...

Raven182
January 2, 2003, 10:25 pm
arg, im just wondering why the heck the sight went down, is he too busy fixing up soldat, and beta testing it to put the site back up? (not like the site is much without the update anyway, but still..)

sauron_the_deceiver
January 2, 2003, 10:40 pm
i need the site to check for release info.

Raven182
January 2, 2003, 10:43 pm
Yeah, but its not like he updates it THAT much anyway, except to tease us with his friggin beautiful pictures :drools:
Hey, how did people get on the beta anyway? I joined the fourm before that started.

Mossy
January 2, 2003, 10:47 pm
maybe you have to know Mike, like chat with him or something... And be his friend... Or DNA.styx recruits top members of this forum or something - I dunno

I'm still worried about gfx problems...

onehitwonder
January 3, 2003, 2:17 am
They got to test it because they are forum moderators

Raven182
January 3, 2003, 2:19 am
Yea, dude, imagine soldat with water that would make it a whole new game, BUT it would lag alot :(

mak89gt
January 3, 2003, 2:26 am
um.......i know how to make water in the map editor

Raven182
January 3, 2003, 3:23 am
I mean water with splash effects and everything, slows the person down all that good stuffs.. but i am interested in hearing what kind of water you make

sauron_the_deceiver
January 3, 2003, 12:05 pm
and swimming. that would be cool.
to make water now, you either:
select a watery coloured polygon and put it down wherever you want your water, then not compile it, or use the soldat map editor professional and draw a huge piece of scenery where you want the water then make it transparent.

Rabelais
January 3, 2003, 5:27 pm
As the main site is down, the "beautiful screenshots" are no longer online. Does anyone have them cached or saved, and if so, would you mind uploading them someplace so that I (and others) can stare lovingly at them?

DNA.styx
January 3, 2003, 5:34 pm
Click

Psyl3ntShad0w
January 3, 2003, 5:50 pm
there are screenshots posted by corlan @ the BS forums http://forum.beyondsoldat.co.uk/index.php

mak89gt
January 3, 2003, 5:57 pm
the pic on top doesent have waterin the forum portal where u asked us to click

Mossy
January 3, 2003, 10:37 pm
--back to the Beta Testing Q.

I suppose to be a moderator that you'd have to be one of the first ppl around when Soldat came out, and were picked

sauron_the_deceiver
January 3, 2003, 11:05 pm
mak89gt: can you say that post again for people who dont speak makish?

Omega
January 8, 2003, 8:52 pm
it would be nice if i could play the game, it can't be run on my graphics card, yet it says it'll use software mode and boom it does nothing.

sauron_the_deceiver
January 11, 2003, 9:33 pm
pcs are really unpredictable and menstral.

mateenjahanmiry
January 12, 2003, 2:03 am
Mossy: Your sig. if frikin AWESOME, nice job, lol. Also cuz Stick Soldiers rule, I don't think ss will go on this year's fav. list though [:(], whatever, it was good while it was alive.[;)]. BTW, every1 whos wondering what SS is, it's a game by an online game company known as WSU (Whitespace Unlimited), their site is [URL] , make sure to check it out!

Mossy
January 13, 2003, 3:25 pm
actually they got their act together and are releasing yet another Alpha - Stick Soldiers Alpha 3 - Comming soon ( lol, prolly before Soldat gets it's next v. out )

Deleted User
January 13, 2003, 3:57 pm
When do's it come out????? lol [:-smilie]

onehitwonder
January 13, 2003, 9:17 pm
NO ONE KNOWS

ada89
January 14, 2003, 12:06 am
quote:Originally posted by onehitwonder
NO ONE KNOWS

I KNOW, THIS YEAR [:P] !!!!!

Darac
January 14, 2003, 6:31 am
we can opnly hope ada89, we can only hope.....

mak89gt
January 14, 2003, 3:23 pm
ok, this year, no doubt!
i suggest u try that new chile mod, kinda 3d, it kinda looks lie version 1.1.0 but i have only seen 3 screenies of version 1.1.0 so i dont really know.

Deleted User
January 14, 2003, 3:46 pm
I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!! hehe

Mossy
January 14, 2003, 4:54 pm
lol, well you can't have it!

dittyman
January 14, 2003, 5:04 pm
new version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay

sauron_the_deceiver
January 14, 2003, 8:46 pm
well he is taking his time releasing a testing version isnt he?
(no complaints mike, carry on, you are my god)

Darac
January 14, 2003, 9:08 pm
i think next time he shouldnt tell us about a new version, that way we dont sit here complaining when it doesnt come out on time.

Mossy
January 14, 2003, 9:48 pm
I wonder if anyone has even checked the site for any news before they post on the forums... Because the site is back up!

Darac
January 15, 2003, 1:06 am
i went there last week.... :/

onehitwonder
January 15, 2003, 2:01 am
I just went today and there is no good news

Darac: I agree with you, because it makes the wait horrible

Deleted User
January 16, 2003, 8:39 am
What are the new changes????

Darac
January 16, 2003, 10:43 am
go to the site, its all i know about and probably all most ppl know about

Mossy
January 18, 2003, 3:15 am
does anyone know of any news that hasn't been posted? Like if you've talked with Mike or something - any form of news would be great!!! (this topic is already on it's 7th page...)

DNA.styx
January 18, 2003, 10:48 am
no new news.

censored
January 18, 2003, 2:44 pm
i hear the beta is floating around out there. i had a chance to play it at my buddies house, who first introduced me to this awsome game, and it plays a lot like the current version but a little slower. it looks better though, much crispier. But the jet pack lasts for like 1/10th the current time in the new ver.

Mossy
January 18, 2003, 4:50 pm
sounds like.... slow play but good graphics.... I'm not sure I like it- oh well we'll see when it comes out

any other news ppl?

zene
January 18, 2003, 7:53 pm
hmm.. cool :p

Darac
January 19, 2003, 9:32 am
lets hope the graphics arnt too good :/ or i wont be able to run it...

Snipa_WarezdudeJG
January 19, 2003, 3:45 pm
lol come down it's not like it's 3D lol all u need for this game is prolly 100MHz and 16MB ram lol

Outcast
January 19, 2003, 4:19 pm
You dont know how wrong you are :)

Mossy
January 19, 2003, 5:14 pm
thnx for the uplifting on the spirits on the non-video card owners Outcast. we'll see how "good" it is when it comes out, and if it is "compadible with everyone"

DNA.styx
January 19, 2003, 5:22 pm
the first beta (now leaked) played fine on my PII400 w/256 & a 8Mb Matrox card.

BUt you gotta remember that these Betas are ...erm...Betas :) and there will be optomisations made where possible.

Snipa_WarezdudeJG
January 19, 2003, 8:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by Outcast
You dont know how wrong you are :)

actually i downloaded the leaked beta and it's not 3D and not much better grafix than the first one, better but not too much

Mossy
January 19, 2003, 10:14 pm
LOL - I'm sure DNA didn't mean it was 3D

Darac
January 22, 2003, 10:27 am
well this forum has gone flat....

mateenjahanmiry
January 22, 2003, 7:08 pm
darac: ya...

Darac
January 22, 2003, 10:57 pm
i guess theres only so much you can say bout a game thats comming soon and well, has never come...

Mercutio
January 22, 2003, 11:06 pm
So lets all play 1.05b!!!!

Darac
January 23, 2003, 10:39 am
man this forum is wacked... it says im banned in mozilla but i can still post in IE

DNA.styx
January 23, 2003, 11:19 am
Sorry, that should be fixed now.

_TOOL_
January 23, 2003, 12:34 pm
I know the games freeware but it would be nice to hear "we found alot of bugs so it will be a while" or "its allmost done, maybe a week or two". In any event its a great freeware game.
Hope new version soon, just to get rid cheaters, but some news will do.

bman9
January 23, 2003, 4:44 pm
yeah give us atlist some information about the new soldat!
we need it! we need it now!!!

Darac
January 23, 2003, 8:44 pm
the more info they give you the less of a suprise it will be. if you dont knwo anything about it and all of a sudden its there! then you download it and its everything you'd hoped for and more! then you'll be happy.

Darac
January 23, 2003, 9:22 pm
iv been watching the posts in the beta testing forum and they seem to be slowing down! maybe this meens theres not much left to do?

DNA.styx
January 23, 2003, 9:58 pm
...or we're scared of burning out Michal :O)

toadsMoke
January 23, 2003, 11:55 pm
ya, exactly.

what does Michal do for a day job? i'm supprised he has enough time to invest in the development of Soldat.

bman9
January 24, 2003, 11:24 am
Darac ur right but i cant wait no longer!!!
must..get..new...sodat!!!

mateenjahanmiry
January 24, 2003, 8:30 pm
ya... what does michal do, unless that's "classified", hehe.

bman9
January 24, 2003, 10:47 pm
maybe he realy needs it!
4 house rent or someting.......

Darac
January 25, 2003, 1:26 am
im a mapper, so i dont really care about the game play, i think its great! but i need a better map maker to make the map im dreaming of right now. also better bots would be good, it takes so long to bot maps cause they can be really dumb sometimes... :/

bman9
January 25, 2003, 7:54 pm
u damn right but it will lose a bit of the surprise!!
acualy i dont know what 2 do????

DNA.styx
January 25, 2003, 8:25 pm
Because my position here is meant to be just Forum Admin (and full time hacker basher [:D] ) I'm not really in position to give any details out of developments of Soldat. Perhaps the planned Q&A session will help keep you guys up-to-date?

Mossy
January 25, 2003, 10:00 pm
one question per topic or a series of questions like and interview per topic?

---There should be some guidlines to follow...

DNA.styx
January 25, 2003, 10:54 pm
yea, will post some. Feel free to move this conversation to that forum.

TeRoN
February 3, 2003, 1:37 am
Umm....this is not related to Soldat but....
how do you post somthing with apicture under your username

FipsFatal
February 22, 2003, 10:04 am
I wish me in the next version more weapon, because its booring after 10 min, with 10 weapons!
But the game is very funny!!!

Mossy
March 3, 2003, 1:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by DNA.styx
quote:Originally posted by Mossy

info:I hate searching forums
I hate helping people who will not at least try to help themseleves.

I do search - I never said I didn't - I just don't enjoy going through topic after topic on my 56k! - DNA: You judge me too quickly!

DNA.styx
March 3, 2003, 2:00 pm
perhaps I do :O)

Mossy
March 3, 2003, 4:11 pm
[B)][}:)][:-headache][V]

(My face reaction) :) ..... :/

Dreamcorn
March 7, 2003, 7:44 pm
Hmm, is anyone else getting the "wrong version" thingy when they try to use the lobby server? I have 1.1.2 and just an hour ago everything worked. Unless...there's something we haven't been told yet...;)

DNA.styx
March 7, 2003, 7:57 pm
yup, I'm getting that error as well..not sure what's going on...

n2j3
March 7, 2003, 9:22 pm
http://soldatcomic.ionichost.com

-just started

refleX
March 7, 2003, 9:31 pm
I have 1.1.3 can someone give me some crack what fixis that problem that i can put mp3-s into mp3 catalog and more

BIG `THX

F842
March 9, 2003, 8:36 pm
wooo.......

sanity
March 10, 2003, 3:02 am
what a dumbass, having a post for requesting a crack in the soldat forum. lol

brok
March 12, 2003, 5:19 am
I don't know whether to download 1.1.3- i spent a while deciding to get 1.1.2 and pretty much as soon as I had it 1.1.3 came out. should I get it, or should I just wait for the next one?

mat
March 12, 2003, 6:35 am
u should get it! there are tons of bugfixes in 113