( search forums )
ctf_Ravine
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Rambo_6
March 31, 2004, 4:04 am
this was originally a zombiematch i made, but it flopped. Here's a cool ctf version of it!

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] overview.JPG15.77 KB

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] ctfravine.zip17.5 KB

peemonkey
March 31, 2004, 4:08 am
*makes sweet sweet love to rambo* me likey yo mappy! dey maykee me happy!

Sliker_Hawk
March 31, 2004, 7:41 am
...ok..

Looks nice... bots?

eesahe
March 31, 2004, 8:31 am
Looks great. *Downloads*

Deleted User
March 31, 2004, 10:37 am
Oh my god Rambo, if you carry on like this, you're going to end up one of the best mappers out there...[:D]

Rambo_6
March 31, 2004, 1:51 pm
Hehehe... The polys on this took me under an hour... *Gasp*

Sliker_Hawk
March 31, 2004, 4:19 pm
Ok OK, i gotta say this rambo, you're getting the idea of this but it DOES MATTER which way the bot paths are linked, eg, on your paratrooper WP its saying go left from the first one, then go left from the one on the ground (the one it links to) way up into the air (which is impossible cos the one in the air from the one on the ground is actually right, not left). That means they'll keep going left without listening to the second WP (the one in the air) even if they reach it, because that doesnt tell them to go anywhere after they've got to it.

Basicly:
<<<<(spawn)
/
>>>
>>>
>>>>>/>>>>

And, as i showed you in your blood gulch map, you should put at least 2 extra wps not linked to anything (apart from the one where they should be going, no coming from) one either side of the one which is telling them to fly to it (or jump) just to make sure they dont fly until their power runs out and waste some time.

And pth 1 has to linke to pth 1 all the time and pth 2 shoudl always link to pth 2. just make sure you put wps all over the flag to make sure they turn around and take it home instead of walking stupidly into walls.

Hope you understand that =P

I can make a small map demonstrating all these techs if you didnt

peemonkey
March 31, 2004, 6:49 pm
heh...somone who actually knows about waypoints...

Hitman
March 31, 2004, 9:23 pm
Omg, this just gave me a great idea. Hawk could you please waypoint this map. Could you please convert it to Inf and waypoint it so that Blue stays in the bunker and defends and Red (obviously) attacks. If you can do it I'd really appreciate it!

Sliker_Hawk
March 31, 2004, 10:28 pm
I'll see, but you should'a pmed meh. To keep on topic, i think this map's very good, good idea and stuff.

GluLm
March 31, 2004, 10:32 pm
Eeh, another fine looking map.
Waypoints aren't that good yet, but I'm sure you can improve them. (thanks Sliker_Hawk)
I'd say you should lower the jetpack fuel amout (set it really low?).
Waiting for more updates :)

enjoyincubus
April 1, 2004, 2:42 am
Meh, it's ok. I hate to be the one who finds it simplistic and not great (though I'm usually that one anyway), but...it's another boring ctf map. I don't know what I expect from new ctf maps. Possibly more ways to attack? A more vertical approach, rather than a straight horizontal map? I liked ctf_fall and some of your other maps, but this isn't quite as good.

The colors are bland, there isn't enough scenery, etc...in other words, it's like one of my maps...which isn't good. :P

peemonkey
April 1, 2004, 3:00 am
fall is your best ctf map no doubt

Cookie.
April 1, 2004, 4:21 am
i liked it asa zombie match :) but its good as a ctf as well... and eh rambo u should post my map for me :)

Rambo_6
April 1, 2004, 1:57 pm
Lol, okay.

The waypoints are th ghey because I was doing them quickly. Sorry if some are unproperly connected. I already knew how waypoints are connected, my map maker was just screwed to he11. For some reason it connected waypoints when i didnt want it to.. :-/

NuZZ
April 2, 2004, 12:41 pm
Lol nice [:-censored],
If you want I could teach yo ua few tricks I learnt,
I guess you could say Im a vertran to this...

Rambo_6
April 2, 2004, 1:54 pm
Yea, you made ctf_Death, eh?

I've found that there are "styles" when it comes to shading.

Sorry if this is so bland, i just took a zombiematch and added ctf_ to the front [:p]