( search forums )
Access Violation + Other Errors
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Hercule Poirot
March 31, 2004, 10:07 am
Yes another access violation topic :(

Ok this is my story of access violations it start over 2 weeks ago k i have played soldat like everyday over year now but since 2 weeks ago soldat started to give me

1. access violations (plenty)
2. jam my computer (almost every time)
3. reset my computer / close soldat (rarely)
4. gives me blue screen and close soldat after that my mouse lag like hell (somethimes)

ok so after this i get bored and yes i have read soldatforums

1. Never cheat, or attempt to cheat - it's the most common cause for this problem
2. Uninstall soldat
3. Delete the Soldat folder
4. Install soldat 1.1.5 1.2
5. a) For Windows NT/2000/XP: Delete the file cmodule.dll in the 'windows\system32' folder
5. b) For Windows 95/98/ME: Delete the file cmodule.dll in the 'windows\system' folder
6. Delete the file dxlog.chk in the 'windows' folder

1. i didn't do
2/3. yes
4. yes
5b. yes
6. yes

and those didnt help then ok so someone said on irc channel that he got soldat working by copying soldat folder cmodule.dll to windows\system folder so i did this nope that didn't help and i have that compression thing then =0 and i did uninstall soldat twice deleted soldat folder about 3 times install it again then only option now was format c: which i did :/ after that some wise guy said on here forums that take logging OFF (i always when i installed it check it on) so i did this and brawo soldat start working well it worked 2 days before it jammed again screen all messy well after that i reseted pc then when i did get to windows it gave me an error internet explorer ........ in kernel.dll :O wtf? i rebooted again and i count i rebooted my pc 17 times!!!!! before it didn't give an error and that i get to windows... and always i got that error in kernell.dll or shell.dll :/ i was furious i formatted c: once again then most funny thing ever i start to install windows and voila it gave another error :D omg i mean thats evil even in install it on begin after formating still it gives some wierd error good thing was that it didn't mess up install then i installed all drivers (newest 3-d card/sound/mouse/directx drivers and so on) then installed soldat this time i didn't check logging on oh and i have always winamp running background when i play soldat well now when i listen winamp try to go soldat it blinks black screen 5sec and wont start soldat :Q well when i close winamp it start soldat but again when i go playing on some server 3-5mins i start getting access violations and other error like this???

[IMAGE]

well now i have select that soldat dosen't have sounds and i can listen winamp on background but still i get these errors :/

so here is my status now
Formatted c: 2 times (thanks to soldat i lost 2 my new maps) w00t!
uninstalled soldat 3 times (lost interface and almost taunts)
deleted soldat folder 2-3 times
hairs i have pulled off my head (millions)

and my pc is
Amd Athlon Xp 1400Mhz
192Mb Ram
Asus V-7100 GeForce2mx 32mb (drivers 03.03.2004) (i have tried older drivers too didn't work)
Windows 98se
DirectX 8.1

so over 2 weeks i have tried to get this game working and i can't get it working whatever i do im getting really angry :/ and now i can't even login to soldatforums if i don't check save password box off :O