( search forums )
Hello Soldats members a new soldier is here...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
XZalla
April 1, 2004, 4:35 am
Hey people, im new(..) and well can you guys imform me on some stuff that I should be aware of?...

Maybe some of you already know me or have just fought with me, and well i downloaded this game on Friday.

I been using the "barret" and i got bored of using it so now im using another weapon can anyone on this server give me tips on what weapons is better to start with since im new to the game?[:D] THX

The Noid
April 1, 2004, 4:38 am
welcome, first tip is not to call yourself a soldier. As of weapon use the minigun it rox....hee hee

DrocK
April 1, 2004, 4:59 am
quote:Originally posted by The Noid
welcome, first tip is not to call yourself a soldier. As of weapon use the minigun it rox....hee hee

are you serious? damn
XZalla all i can say is, use all but barret or XM214 minigun they are too common and you might "I'm positive" you will be called noob or something
well good luck

BMF
April 1, 2004, 5:39 am
welcome n00b

minigun roxxor, stick with it

kevith
April 1, 2004, 5:45 am
Welcome! Tip #1: If somebody calls you "noob" ignore them. Tip #2: Before you post a suggestion or a question try to search the forum to make sure it hasn't already been answered.

(Funny that you got bored with barret already...)

Captain RibMan
April 1, 2004, 7:35 am
lol minigun sounds like albert finney

Aquarius
April 1, 2004, 7:59 am
quote:Originally posted by XZalla
Hey people, im new

(...)

I been using the "barret" and i got bored of using it so now im using another weapon can anyone on this server give me tips on what weapons is better to start with since im new to the game?[:D] THX

Hi.

Weapons good for newbies:
- Steyr AUG (because it shot straight)
- Barret (because it shot straight [;)])

Weapons, which newbies shouldn't use:
- Minnigun (because newbie can do only one thing with this weapon - lag)

Weapons harder to master:
- M79 (hard)
- Desert Eagles (harder)
- Spas-12 (the hardest [;)])

Alamo
April 1, 2004, 8:46 am
Weapons: My first gun was M79. It wasn't hard to learn so I think it ain't a bad newb gun :)
Now i use Minimi. Im a little more skilled now but i think it ain't bad to master either :)

Hektik Sniper
April 1, 2004, 9:31 am
i started off with the barret (back in 105b when it was cool) but since 11* i moved on to the auto' and m79. I really think any weapon is good to start off with so long as you put in the time to get good with it.

wert21
April 1, 2004, 10:38 am
Try to use some autos (ak,hk or steyr) to improve your accuracy. Btw use a funny weapon...

Element_101
April 1, 2004, 12:25 pm
Welcome,

as for weapons id suggest useing something a little more uncommon like the spas its ammazing how no one has really realised the potential of this gun

DT
April 1, 2004, 3:11 pm
HELL and O welcome to soldat....
The best overal weapon to use IS THE DESERT EAGLES! and with a knife or law and your all set...
+ look out for barret snipers...[:P]

Xenoid
April 1, 2004, 5:23 pm
Emmm... Hi.

?
April 1, 2004, 11:06 pm
Don't listen to anyone telling you not to use any gun, use whatever gun you want. Screw them if they don't like it.

n00bface
April 1, 2004, 11:10 pm
k DrocK, first of all -- minigun owns.. second, you're a n00b. thx.

Sekushi
April 1, 2004, 11:15 pm
Use whatever gun fits you best. Just keep experimenting until you've found your true love. :D

Welcome.

Hitman
April 1, 2004, 11:16 pm
Aww look at the n00b, isn't he cute. *Tweaks XZalla?s cheek* awww

SgtCiv
April 2, 2004, 12:32 am
I myself am new also, but I was never one of the "barret" users. I started using the MINIGUN, and then the MINIMI, but currently, my permanent weapon of choice is the Steyr AUG. It is a sharp shooting, fast, semi-powerful weapon, with rapid reloading. I love it. For a n00b, I suggest playing single player, and testing EVERY gun, and finding what you are most comfortable with. I sometimes accidentally choose the SPAS, and it is a very good gun, very underestimated. I would like to see more SPAS users.

Captain RibMan
April 2, 2004, 12:33 am
sid hoffman or sid frenchman?

Uzzi
April 2, 2004, 1:05 am
Just use whatever weapon that you like, the game is for fun after all.

XZalla
April 2, 2004, 1:05 am
quote:Originally posted by Sekushi
Use whatever gun fits you best. Just keep experimenting until you've found your true love. :D

Welcome.

That's what I been doing but I find the "Desert Eagles"(3 hit killer) kindof kool,and I been wondering what does that secondary weapon does, not that gun,knife,chainsaw,but that other well you know what I'm talking about what does it do.

BTW, I don't know why I said "soldiers" couldn't think of anything else.....

Uzzi
April 2, 2004, 1:12 am
The M72 LAW, it's a rocket launcher and can only be used when crouching.

Try not to fire it at close range =)

BMF
April 2, 2004, 1:42 am
awesome, another weapon discussion. Let me put you on the right track:

barret sucks, it needs to be nerfed

DizzyTea
April 2, 2004, 7:24 pm
and since ur a noob u wont know what nerfed means , it means tone it down , make it less powerful , because it is 1 shot kill, most of the time ,

also i would consider to check out the ruger , i think it is the best weapon in the game , then the mp5 , m79 then spas ;0

good luck ,

hope to own u sometime in the future[xx(]

blackdevil0742
April 2, 2004, 8:42 pm
You can use the M72 LAW even if you go prone(liedown)Deafult key=x.
BTW welcome!!!

DrocK
April 2, 2004, 8:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by n00bface

haha n00b? i bet i have more skill than you do, maybe u never see me play because i dont play with ppl that are some kind of faggots like you are
thanks

DrocK
April 2, 2004, 8:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by BMF
awesome, another weapon discussion. Let me put you on the right track:

barret sucks, it needs to be nerfed

i vote on that too, its too popular, every server i go i see a barretard camping or spawn killing with a barret, if there could be something just to get ppl away from it

n00bface
April 2, 2004, 9:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by DrocK

haha n00b? i bet i have more skill than you do, maybe u never see me play because i dont play with ppl that are some kind of faggots like you are
thanks

k first of all I was joking, second - Minigun is still owns, but a bunch of n00bs use it.. 3rd.. i mean... ive played you before... so errr... I cant be that big of a faggot.. like.. i am? hmmm..

Snowden
April 3, 2004, 12:24 pm
Learn every weapon, it's the only way to succeed. Each weapon has its own flavor that is appropriate in different situations. For instance, if the enemy is running away with your flag and is bloody you don't pick M79, you pick AK-74. Therefore, you need to learn how to use the AK-74. For this reason you should change your weapon reguarly during a game until you get the feel of all of them and know when they are appropriate. If you attach yourself to one weapon then that will be the only weapon you can counter with. For instance, if you pick M79 and you are playing against someone who rules with a barret you will fail miserably unless you change to barret yourself and beat them with their own weapon. That's why it's important you learn them all.

Another thing is to use your grenades. They are one of the most important things to know but some people don't even use them. You can control where your enemy moves with them, if they don't kill them first.

Another important thing is to keep moving but pace yourself. If there is a camper on the bottom level don't waste time just staring at them waiting for them to make a move. Go down there and attack them, if you die then your teamates can kill him when he's reloading. If you are away from your base, however, don't just do kamikaze crap. Never camp, if you want to camp then have fun being second to last place and wasting a slot on your team. If you're using barret don't just stop and crouch to shoot, you have to learn how to shoot it in midair while moving and they're moving.

The best weapon I think for learning how to aim in general is the socom. Learn to use your secondary weapon and often. Hands down, the best overall secondary is socom. If you run out of ammo on your primary and the enemy is all bloody, don't just sit their waiting for your primary to reload, bust out your socom and finish them off.

Finally, use barret all you want, but only if you are confident you can tear everyone a new asshole with it. Don't listen to people who cry about it. Also, if you have the flag or your team mate does and people spawn, feel free to spawn kill them. It isn't lame. If it is neccesary to do it then you must do it, especially if you have the flag. It's you or them. People seem to think spawnkilling and spawncamping are the same thing are will call you lame for it. Never spawn camp, that's really lame, unless your name is Snowden.

palloco
April 3, 2004, 12:46 pm
I would like to paly against you with minigun drock.

Sprocket
April 3, 2004, 2:30 pm
quote: Hey people, im new(..) and well can you guys imform me on some stuff that I should be aware of?...

Maybe some of you already know me or have just fought with me, and well i downloaded this game on Friday.

I been using the "barret" and i got bored of using it so now im using another weapon can anyone on this server give me tips on what weapons is better to start with since im new to the game? THX

i dont care if your new...
stop wasting forum space telling us things like this...

BlackSpear
April 3, 2004, 3:30 pm
The HK is verry good aswel, its good at close rage. its my second fav weapon
But my fav weapon is the ruger, its pretty hard to master, but once you do you can frag like hell couse of it's high accuracy, high dammage per shot (2 shots, 1 kill if you shoot good) and fast reload times... (though the ruger was better in 1.1.2)
And I personaly think the minigun SUCKS it takes way to long to kill anyone even if your aim is good, may be good for noobs btw couse you can almost kill as fast with a sucky aim as with a good aim :P
only can be good if you want to shoot at 2 or more people at a time I think hehe

DrocK
April 3, 2004, 5:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by DrocK

thanks

k first of all I was joking, second - Minigun is still owns, but a bunch of n00bs use it.. 3rd.. i mean... ive played you before... so errr... I cant be that big of a faggot.. like.. i am? hmmm..

1- glad you understand
2- i dont remember playing with you

?
April 3, 2004, 8:00 pm
Let me add some intelligence into this conversation. I am sexy.

Sprocket
April 3, 2004, 8:13 pm
i like your's smile...J\k
i don't...

DrocK
April 3, 2004, 8:51 pm
-claps- thanks ? for changing the subject ¬¬

?
April 3, 2004, 9:28 pm
Thats what I ment to do, its a stupid topic cause no one will admit they are wrong and it never stops.

Sekushi
April 4, 2004, 6:29 pm
Oh, write this one down: Don't trip over nades

BlackSpear
April 4, 2004, 9:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by Sekushi
Oh, write this one down: Don't trip over nades

lol, think he already figured that out

?
April 4, 2004, 11:06 pm
You never know....

Deleted User
April 6, 2004, 5:52 am
I own with deagles and nades, that's all i can say [:D]

Weed
April 6, 2004, 1:41 pm
take my advice.
chainsaw them to death. that always put a smile on my face :D

DT
April 6, 2004, 1:48 pm
The best way to play this game and learn is just to play it...[^]

April 6, 2004, 3:25 pm
OMGOMGOMG
All guns are teh cheapzor!!!!111
Use teh knife or teh chaniswa or eb UBER13377 adn use teh punchiz!!111111oneshift1111one1111two

Spike
April 6, 2004, 5:56 pm
Also if your a total noob learn how to move fast.. You can do this by running+jumping+jetting and learning where and when to get the fastest effect. Some maps have pointy poly bugs that are dangerous!

DrocK
April 6, 2004, 8:01 pm
xD spike and his polygons [:P] thats true though you need to know where u step on "for example on the bridge in b2b"