( search forums )
CTF_RIO , the best Brazilian map for SOLDAT!!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
PaT0 Brazil
April 2, 2004, 2:13 am
HI! I'm brazilian fan of soldat and i don't know speak english very well. Good... you can do the download of CTF_RIO here:

[url http://www.csforum.plushost.com.br/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=47943][/url]

and the ScreenShot:

[img http://www.csforum.plushost.com.br/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=47943][/img]

PaT0 Brazil
April 2, 2004, 2:15 am
sorry...

screenshot are here:

[IMAGE]

peemonkey
April 2, 2004, 2:18 am
uumm....get better screenshots. looks a bit crappy too.

Uzzi
April 2, 2004, 2:25 am
This looks promising, I'll download it when I get home =)

Captain RibMan
April 2, 2004, 2:34 am
brazilian map? it looks mexican

peemonkey
April 2, 2004, 2:36 am
is that racist? burn in hell, ribman

Captain RibMan
April 2, 2004, 4:44 am
its not racist

its an oberservation

Soulsnipa
April 2, 2004, 4:50 am
Hehe give the man some love, nice map :D

Rambo_6
April 2, 2004, 2:01 pm
A bit chunky and unshaded, but nice layout..... And the scenery is a bit pixelated....

Sliker_Hawk
April 2, 2004, 3:55 pm
Why did you ask 'is that racist?' when after you just said burn in hell without ribby even answering? whats the point in asking if your gonna do that???
Nice layout..

PaT0 Brazil
April 2, 2004, 7:11 pm
my map is [:-thumbu] or [:-thumbd]?

thank you! in portuguese: OBRIGADO!

PaT0 Brazil
April 3, 2004, 2:15 am
CTF_RIO is brazilian map, it isn't Mexican. It's based on cs_rio (Counter-Strike map of city of Rio de Janeiro). :)

Other Screenshot:

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] screenshot4.jpg13.18 KB

Wills59
April 3, 2004, 7:11 am
lloks cool and original

PaT0 Brazil
April 3, 2004, 7:34 pm
Thank you Wills59!

Deleted User
April 3, 2004, 8:08 pm
PaT0 Brazil: Open the map in the Soldat mapmaker and zoom out. Then 'Print Screen' and paste the screenshot into Paint (or whatever you use). Then show us.

That means we can see what the entire map looks like.

PaT0 Brazil
April 5, 2004, 8:27 pm
Ok Stalky! Take the Scrennshot:

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Screen.jpg66.2 KB

and i want to thank because CTF_RIO has a 100 DOWNLOADS in 5 days! :)[:D][;)][8D]

bucky_brad
April 6, 2004, 7:31 am
quote: and i want to thank because CTF_RIO has a 100 DOWNLOADS in 5 days

wow how do you tell?

Deleted User
April 6, 2004, 10:58 am
He's hosted it on some CS forums, and they can probably tell you how many times a file has been downloaded.

Brazil: Hmm. The layout of the map looks nice, but the spikes look pretty bad. Use more polygons to make curves instead of spikes. Also, use different colours to shade the map.

PaT0 Brazil
April 6, 2004, 6:50 pm
on the colors: I find that I do not go to change the colors, because they are realistic to my way of sight.

on the polygons: I find that I do not go to move very not. Perhaps I liked it thus design it map, I change some polygons that are making it difficult a little the jogabilidade.

Until more!

[IMAGE]

April 7, 2004, 11:00 am
Two words about the buildings:
Microsoft Paint.
A few more words about the buildings:
The buildings don't really fit in with the style of soldat. The colours are too blocky. I would advise working on the bitmap(s) and giving them a bit more texture.
Also, it's very spikey, and there's no shading. Yuk.

PaT0 Brazil
April 7, 2004, 9:38 pm
The edfícios are not pra there to represent style SOLDAT, and yes for to represent the city of Rio De Janeiro. Perhaps I diminish them but, to change them? Not.

Well, I go to more work the textures in update of the map, that I am making. The itenção of the map is to make with that the game in teams is favored because this map makes possible a game of campers soon and, nobody advances without the teams to help. E the edificios proprcionam the protection.

Very obliged for the aid, of any skill.

PaT0 Brazil
April 7, 2004, 9:40 pm
Translating:

edificio = buildings
intenção = intention
proporcionam = propice

DaRabman
April 10, 2004, 10:32 pm
I think it looks brilliant, soldat's never been about pretty, smoothly polygon-ed, photo quality textured maps (although it does appeal to many, as well as me). So I think the colourful houses are brilliant, makes the game fun looking, the layout works as well.
Sam.

PaT0 Brazil
April 13, 2004, 2:05 pm
Well, it is the first part of update here. You can make download and substitute the archives "fav#.bmp". The map continues the same with design still, but now the life of the players was a little more facilitated. Exactly thus, still the game in team is necessary for that a teams is successful in this map.

sorry!!!!!! FIRST UPDATE FILE IS HERE!!!! IT'S COTAINS:
new Fav... .bmp files
and the CTF_RIO updated

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Update.zip10.74 KB

Thank You!

DaRabman
April 15, 2004, 1:16 pm
Ah, the English language. Butchered like a child's arm in a lawnmower...
Sam.

PaT0 Brazil
April 15, 2004, 8:54 pm
?????????

If you it spoke on my English, perhaps it knows that it is not good same, and also knows that I am using a translator, therefore you does not understand well what I say. Until more!

Inquisitor
April 19, 2004, 8:38 pm
looks rough and crappy. not good. 2/10

Melba
April 19, 2004, 9:16 pm
ur english is hilarius Pato[:D]
Cracks me up[^] LOL