( search forums )
b2b map 'bugs'
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Drama
April 3, 2004, 4:44 pm
Some of us use m79/minigun tricks in b2b. They provide much advantage especially when attemping to retunr flag.
My question is are they lame/condsidering as cheating?

I never like when somebody goes behind that big pole in red/blue base when he has got the flag, c'mon its half impossible to return! I know some vet m79'ers will now post that they can return it easily, but what we auto'ers or else than minigun & m79 users do ?

So the question is, is it lame/cheat ?

palloco
April 3, 2004, 4:56 pm
Drama, I prefer those ones who hide there than the ones using barret that snipe you always so you can only place foot in base dead.
What are you gonna do? Steal M79, it is overused so it is not difficult. Jump, and finish the guy with the auto.

EDIT: minigunners will hardly return it, since you go slowly up and you are easily killed.

Drama
April 3, 2004, 5:06 pm
palloco, i would like to return the flag honorally with old school rush, not by making some m79 jumps which 'not so experienced' players cant do.
What happens then when there is nobody experienced to return it ?

b00stA
April 3, 2004, 5:13 pm
Well, if you don't have a M79 with you.. why not use those handy grenades?

I think it's ok to hide there for a moment, but if you camp there forever then it's just lame.

Aquarius
April 3, 2004, 5:13 pm
quote: i would like to return the flag honorally with old school rush, not by making some m79 jumps which 'not so experienced' players cant do.

so m79 jumps are WRONG?!

cup_of_squirrels
April 3, 2004, 5:14 pm
No. What the hell is the point?! I mean, ya fly over the map, cap, then fly back agen
its lame

palloco
April 3, 2004, 5:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by Drama
What happens then when there is nobody experienced to return it ?

That if the guy continues there he is stupid cuz he will get quickly bored

peemonkey
April 3, 2004, 5:30 pm
or he's only good against noobs.
i dont see anything wrong with taking addvantage of the terrain. sure it might get annoying, but no single place is reachable by only one person...or bullets

DrocK
April 3, 2004, 5:56 pm
i use all weapons, m79 is like the one i mostly use and steyr aug but i believe this m79 thing is fair, if you dont like it start using a m79 yourself and use it like you want
and yes like palloco said "Drama, I prefer those ones who hide there than the ones using barret that snipe you always so you can only place foot in base dead." i dont see the m79 problem here

kevith
April 3, 2004, 5:57 pm
I think using the m79 to drop into the base behind the sniper/defenders is a good strategy... but I hate it when the flagger uses the m79 to hide on the other side of those pillars. That's just being a coward.

DrocK
April 3, 2004, 5:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by kevith
I think using the m79 to drop into the base behind the sniper/defenders is a good strategy... but I hate it when the flagger uses the m79 to hide on the other side of those pillars. That's just being a coward.

well yeah thats another thing
when that happens i just try to do the same thing and go kill them behind the pillars

Cookie.
April 3, 2004, 6:03 pm
i have to agree with peemonkey there is nothing wrong with taking advantage of the terrain even if it gets annoying :P

AerialAssault
April 3, 2004, 10:37 pm
nothing wrong with it, its just going to another part of the map

cup_of_squirrels
April 4, 2004, 11:26 am
Ok ok ive been thinking. Yes its fun to do ONCE IN A WHILE. I mean, doing it over and over again, it just has the word 'lame' printed on it. Just try to cut down on it palloco, you did it all the time in DNA :/

palloco
April 4, 2004, 11:42 am
I did it? Sure sometimes I did it, but take into account I do NOT choose m79, therefore it is fault of m79tards who attacked me with it and I stole their wep so they could perfectly reach me. If they want a fair fight then they should choose an auto wep and not a m79 taking the big advantage it represents on that map.

Ed: I simply dislike B2B, it is a one shot weps map

Drama
April 4, 2004, 11:48 am
i hate b2b

Aquarius
April 4, 2004, 5:45 pm
i love b2b

ToTu
April 4, 2004, 7:15 pm
Well have only used m79 to hide there once when a whole punch of snipers were after me. I think its right to use the advantage when there are like 10 enemies and only 5 other guys in your team(it happened to me) but if its like 10 to 10 i think its cowardly and not very fair. Well the most interesting is to duel against smbody with a chainsaw when you have the flag...

but anyway i don't know b2b is a nice map but that m79/minigun trick really doesnt make it fun anymore...

palloco
April 4, 2004, 8:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by ToTu
Well the most interesting is to duel against smbody with a chainsaw when you have the flag...

That is becuz you havent seen 5vs5 chainsaw matches

Antifate
April 4, 2004, 10:31 pm
Dude if a guy is hiding on the other side simply splash dmg his ass. I blasted the pillar with a law and he went flying off the other side...dunno where the hell the flag went tho. Also I knifed someone across the pillar, I admit it was PURE LUCK but i flew up there and let the knife fly upwards, it made a graceful arc and got him, unluckily for me I had no grenades to return it. That kill gave me and idea, you can use a weapon such as spas, mp5, deagles, a weapon without a big bullet starting force, you can jump up there and fire, the bullet or bullets would go into an arc and strike the guy across the pillar. And by the way I saw a guy get up there without nades or firing a bullet. It was wacked out he was some kinda god but he jumped and then jet packed himself on this tiny little splinter of land, I didn't even see it, waited until his jetpack fuel regenerated and then jumped and rocketed up there. It was cooooool.

Drama
April 5, 2004, 1:56 pm
thx for information (really)

MadMoney
April 19, 2004, 8:22 pm
once they fly off....the flag returns to its home...which is a disadvantage to hiding there...if you get killed anywhere else your team may be able to pick up the flag when u drop it...

N1nj@
April 19, 2004, 8:59 pm
btw, you don't necessarily need minigun or m79 to up there.

Melba
April 19, 2004, 9:44 pm
wOOt, i didn't even get over there by using a mingun.
do u mean nades?
plz xplain[^]

Gaso
April 19, 2004, 11:28 pm
Hmm I think that use of those bugs wont be allowed in sctfl, I dont remember the rules anymore but I ve that kind of feeling... Besides it isnt a big problem to go to kill those who are up there...

N1nj@
April 20, 2004, 12:38 am
Ya, it is not allow in SCTFL...For more information, please go to http://sctfl.vze.com