( search forums )
Teamwork in ctf?!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Rayne
April 7, 2004, 1:56 am
Where is it? Im tired of people getting mad because you get ambushed by 3 people and die with the flag, well maybe if u had some cover or something you would be able to score but most of the time its jus you against the other team

BMF
April 7, 2004, 3:28 am
stop playing pub ctf

KiLLBoT
April 7, 2004, 3:35 am
Well said.

Duke33
April 7, 2004, 5:47 am
It all depends if you get into a good game. Sometimes your teammates are assholes who only care about themselves, and sometimes they're good team players. My advice to you is to live with it, and try to be a good team player yourself. Perhaps someone will get the hint.

Captain RibMan
April 7, 2004, 5:50 am
j00 n33d a l34d3r

Captain_Jimbo
April 7, 2004, 9:02 am

It's funny to see how a group of people work together in CTF. Some teams work together nicely and become nearly unstoppable. Other teams are full of selfish, flag-greedy players who don't look out for anyone but themselves.

The most common problem I see in CTF teamwork is that no one wants to guard the flag. It's just pathetic when you're down 4-0 and an entire team keeps trying to push their own way to the opposng team's flag.

palloco
April 7, 2004, 9:18 am
But if you are with experienced players everyone soon start playing correctly. In one minute we were losing 3-0, and without saying nothing we started organizing and finished the match winning. Sometimes when you whine you do not have support is because you are the fool who went alone the whole time, always keep defending flag until you get at least one teamie to attack.

KnOt
April 7, 2004, 9:42 am
Yeah well, sometimes I try to help my team by suggesting certain thing. But the noobs, they just won't listen, they won't even try it... I guess it's the mentality- " I don need to take orders from him"
Yes, I do check if they speak English first.

cup_of_squirrels
April 7, 2004, 10:30 am
Join a clan ^-^

Element_101
April 7, 2004, 11:31 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain RibMan
j00 n33d a l34d3r

Wtf, you need at least one normal word or else people who dont know how to speak nerd wont understand..

Denacke
April 7, 2004, 11:57 am
It means "You need a leader" I think most ppl here understand that XD

Element_101
April 7, 2004, 12:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by Denacke
It means "You need a leader" I think most ppl here understand that XD

wow you dont say... of course it means ladder what else is it going to mean, I said for people who dont understand that kinda talk..

<rolls eyes>

Denacke
April 7, 2004, 12:54 pm
ladder? or are you "fooling" me again? XD

DT
April 7, 2004, 1:54 pm
I always guard the flag... and when some one says....
(Incoming Top!) that helps... especialy for ambushes

Alamo
April 7, 2004, 2:40 pm
I think the same. Those damn idiots who don't even now what way to hold their barret to not shoot themselves just run around, try to cap the flag and get killed. After being killed they hide behind a bush and shoot the passing ppl... :( Maybe make it an option?

Icarius
April 7, 2004, 7:00 pm
quote:Originally posted by BMF
stop playing pub ctf

?
April 7, 2004, 7:06 pm
Grow some skill.

Rayne
April 7, 2004, 10:53 pm
one: im in a clan. Two: i have skill and Three: ive been around for more than 2 years

?
April 7, 2004, 11:22 pm
quote:Three: ive been around for more than 2 years
WOW YOUR SO COOL AND TALENTED!!!! CAN I BE YOU SINCE YOU ARE SO COOL!?!?!?!

DrocK
April 8, 2004, 1:41 am
quote:Originally posted by BMF
stop playing pub ctf

yes what he said, i stoped playing pub servers, its so noobish
not offending the experienced players, but they are never there, why? because noobs are always afking and using space...

Antifate
April 8, 2004, 4:32 am
In ctf there are automatically like 50 thousand barreters guarding the flag but if there isn't, you can guard by urself. I don't mind public ctf but it gets a wee laggy sometimes.

Captain RibMan
April 8, 2004, 5:05 am
pub ctf sucks balls

Captain_Jimbo
April 8, 2004, 11:16 am

Am I the only experienced player who's still playing in pub servers??? I feel so alone.

-karvinen-
April 8, 2004, 1:51 pm
I have been kicked from dnagames server for flag carrier defending [:(!][:(!]

grand_diablo
April 8, 2004, 2:23 pm
Like some said before...

it always depends on what game you get in. Today ive been on 2 servers, and on both my team worked together quite well. The same thing yesterday, especially in the last few days there seem to be more intelligent ppl around on the pubs, not only clanners, there are also some newbs who get the point in CTF.

But I admit, that its mostly the clanners or more experienced players that keep the order in a team. Funnily, newbs tend to listen more easily to ppl with clantags.

Maybe it was just luck, but it seems that more and more beginners start to advance in CTF, this must be somehow the "anti-trend" to all those new players who join as "Soldier" and start camping around with barret. I like that ^^

?
April 8, 2004, 2:46 pm
No jimbo I play in selfkill sometimes, and gameshi.... eer I can't remember that "h" word, but I play dna every chance I get :P

AerialAssault
April 10, 2004, 2:51 pm
i play pub all the time im always on public servers KRUSHING n00bs, and preaching against barret assaulting.