( search forums )
CTF_Islands..v1.1 NIGHT VERSION ADDED!!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
_MarksMen_
April 7, 2004, 2:00 am
I just wanted to get my new version of my map out there.
Discription:
This is a great map with some bridges and a bunker hanging from the ceiling[:P], waypoints work great and there is some shading done...enjoy

Bots : yes

if link doesn't work try farther down below..

Download

Screenshot

By _MarksMen_

NEW-Night Version

Download

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] ctf_Islands v1.2 n.zip49.52 KB

download (day time)

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] ctf_Islands v.1.1.zip177.85 KB

Hitman
April 7, 2004, 2:21 am
Link doesn't work..

Lol, your country is the name of a map. Cool.

poyi19920624
April 7, 2004, 4:07 am
I kind of made a ctf_island already.....

Cookie.
April 7, 2004, 4:25 am
i thought there was a ctf island along time ago

The Noid
April 7, 2004, 4:28 am
Link works for me. Good map I like it.

sazzam
April 7, 2004, 6:42 am
not me it says this site is unavible etc.

Captain RibMan
April 7, 2004, 7:43 am
its cos he used geocities and then bitmaps for screenshots

_MarksMen_
April 7, 2004, 6:03 pm
lol, i live in canada and sorry about the name i would have changed it but it kind of to late now since i posted it like two months ago on www.soldatoutpost.tk and i've made a new-er version since then. But it's called CTF_Islands.....with an "s" so it's not totally the same.

sorry about that

_MarksMen_
April 7, 2004, 6:21 pm
for the screen shot, turn of your ad blocker (but its not realy worth it cos it only shows a little bit of the map).

_MarksMen_
April 8, 2004, 2:36 am
just a little note about my map: you sould really play it in imposible because the waypoints work much better and also it's a little more chalanging.

Famine
April 8, 2004, 2:42 am
Link says I am restricted...

_MarksMen_
April 9, 2004, 1:36 am
And you tryed both links?

DaRabman
April 11, 2004, 1:38 am
The map is quite cool, well polyed and with good colouring and scenery (although there are a couple missing). Just one thing..
It's very very similar to ctf_b2b! Naturally it's not identical, in fact there's quite a lot of difference in the brushwork and scenery and all that, but the overall structure is the same. Islands connected by bridges, but with a level below to make runs. Even the home bases are pretty much identical. It's an excellent map which I'm sure took time and effort and I would be very much inclined to play it, it just makes me laugh to see the blatant similarities between the two. Here's what I mean:

Overview [IMAGE] b2b_isla.JPG48.71 KB

Spawn [IMAGE] b2b_isla2.JPG64.25 KB

Again, I'm not flaming the map or the maker. Just making an observation.
Sam.

_MarksMen_
April 11, 2004, 2:31 am
lol yeah, b2b is my favorit map that comes with the game and it did have lots of influence on my map because of that. I thought that it could help by adding the same components into my map since the game play of b2b is great and the islands connected by bridges allowing players to lay down the fire on that lucky player that pushed through the defences, captured the flag and is on the painfully long jumping-run back to base.

.....I need to quit soldat and take up writing...lol j/k

DaRabman you got a keen eye...oh and this is kinda off topic but i don't know how to take a overview shot could someone tell me..

DaRabman
April 12, 2004, 7:02 pm
Get into map maker, click Zoom and zoom all the way out. Hit Alt+Print Screen which will take a shot of the current window (map maker) then hit Ctrl+V in paint to paste it on, then trim the picture and move it about to get it all nice. If all of the map doesn't fit in one screen, take a shot of one half, paste it in and trim it etc, then expand the canvas (as it were) to very large dimensions, so you can paste in the second image, cut out (Ctrl+X) the actual map, then delete the excess and paste it on again, then move it around and resize the canvas etc. That's how to do it in paint in a nutshell *pants* [:p].
Sam.

_MarksMen_
April 12, 2004, 7:18 pm
Okay cool

blackdevil0742
April 12, 2004, 9:39 pm
Nice map

April 12, 2004, 11:02 pm
It looks a bit... ugly... The choice of colours doen't really suit my tastes, I guess.

_MarksMen_
April 13, 2004, 2:24 am
HEY, CHECK OUT THE NEW NIGHT VERSION (with cool scenery)!
I think it's better then the original.

_MarksMen_
April 15, 2004, 11:06 pm
Comments are good...(hint hint).

Soap
April 29, 2004, 2:23 am
Are you trying to post as many times as possible so your post count goes up with the intentions of gaining our respect and "being with it", as it were?