( search forums )
BIGGER SIGNATURES
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
AerialAssault
April 8, 2004, 9:23 pm
maybe for dial up users it can take longer, but the allowed space is SO SMALL. i request like 25% more room!

n00bface
April 8, 2004, 9:46 pm
YES, just set a file image SIZE limit, not SIZE limit.. ya know, like under 20KB ... kinda like it is without the SMALL

b00stA
April 8, 2004, 10:47 pm
so i could just create a 1000*1000 px GIF image and mess the layout up?
yeah sure..

n00bface
April 8, 2004, 11:30 pm
well there would obviously be new boundaries, but even something 3x as big as what the limits are now wouldnt mess the layout up..

Dark_Noddy
April 9, 2004, 12:18 am
IMO, The rules should state that if the sigeh is to damn BIG it should be removed, Whats to big is up to the moderators to decide.. But the SiZe limit is fine at 20 kb :)

Not that I really care.. hehe

kevith
April 9, 2004, 1:50 am
Why do you need a bigger signature? IMO the size is just fine... If you want 25% more room just reduce the size of your signature by 25% instead and it will look the same.

palloco
April 9, 2004, 10:15 am
I accept more pixels upto 500*125 size but as I had said before never more than 20 kb

Hitman
April 9, 2004, 2:36 pm
quote:but even something 3x as big as what the limits are nowSo you're saying you'd want something..

[IMAGE]

..as a Signature?

societies_punishment
April 9, 2004, 2:53 pm
i would like it increased too but i have no problem with the size limit. In fact my sig is only 8 kb I was wondering if I could perhaps take the same image and stretch it ... it wouldnt lag anyone because it it the same size file just scretched.

I think that if its under the limit that the forums allow the sky should be the limit on what you do animate it and everything. however there is an exception to the huge assed images that would cludder the page.

Deleted User
April 9, 2004, 6:17 pm
I say signatures are too big now - look at mine, thats the kinda size sig I like.

DNA.styx
April 9, 2004, 6:25 pm
Forums are all about posts, not signatures. When the signatures get bigger than the post the forum becomes usless IMHO.

AerialAssault
April 9, 2004, 8:59 pm
signatures and avatars are about expressing oneself am i right? and thats also what forums are about. the signature and avatar and the post all are apart of the forum system

Hitman
April 9, 2004, 9:11 pm
Yeah, but you don't need a [:-censored]ing massive signature to 'express' yourself. Do that in your posts..

Kamikaze_Ninja
April 10, 2004, 12:24 am
styx has a point there in other forums that i've been in the bigger sigs the smaller the meaning of the posts are anyway the size is fine as it is atm.
-edit
why can't we have animated sigs less than 20kbs?

AerialAssault
April 10, 2004, 3:00 am
i dont mean huge i just mean maybe a bit bigger, maybe 170h and 500w

n00bface
April 10, 2004, 5:36 am
I didnt mean huge either.. i was just saying something that big wouldn't mess up the layout ;o I just think it's silly how people sig's are being edited out without warning for something going over 10 pixels of the size limit ;
edit - wow, alt+tab to game and it quadroople posts ;o sorry

Deleted User
April 11, 2004, 12:01 pm
Is there a limit on how many images you can have in your signature?

BManx2000
April 12, 2004, 3:48 pm
You're only supposed to have one, but I've never seen it enforced. Hell, the only thing I've seen enforced is the size limit.

societies_punishment
April 13, 2004, 11:40 am
Really I dont give a crap about size but can we strecth it? ( to a certain point )

or use animated ones as long as its under the forums size limit?

common those are reasonable questions right?

N1nj@
April 14, 2004, 10:12 pm
Really I dont give a crap about size but can we strecth it? ( to a certain point )

>> yes, as long as the area is still 37,500 pixel squares.

use animated ones as long as its under the forums size limit?

>> yes, as long as it is under 20kb and the resolution limit, although is kinda hard to have an animated .gif under 20kb, but you can give it a try

common those are reasonable questions right?

>> guess so...