( search forums )
soldat admin 12 manual?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
pattoe
April 9, 2004, 10:51 am
i dunno how to get it to work... i am trying to connect to a windows server but it wont let me plz give me a step by step guide on how to do it. thx!

b00stA
April 9, 2004, 12:14 pm
You can only connect to dedicated servers..
enter the IP, the port, the right password and click Connect.

ATozz
April 9, 2004, 5:28 pm
sounds easy when you say it like that :D
If the server and the soldat admin are running on the same computer, what IP/port should I be using?

b00stA
April 9, 2004, 5:31 pm
IP: 127.0.0.1
You have to know the port yourself, but 23073 is default

ATozz
April 10, 2004, 2:14 am
ok...
so, how do I find the port? :D

n/a
April 10, 2004, 11:48 am
Visit this site http://65.169.85.3:13073/ and look for your servername (i hope you remembered the name ;) )
You should be able to see the ip and port of your server > soldat://IP:PORT/ (right click on server name, properties, adress/url)

ATozz
April 11, 2004, 11:29 pm
Well, I visited the site... found my server and realised that the port was the standard port, wich I've all ready tried ofcourse :D

I really don't know what is wrong and why I can't remote my server...
I really don't think I'm missing anything important... it just won't work.
Thanks anyway.
(btw I've found one similarity btween my and pattoe's problem... we're both trying to remotee servers located in sweden:D)

DaRabman
April 12, 2004, 5:16 pm
I've got same problem, trying to connect to a dedicated linux server, I'm listed as a remote admin but when I enter all the details absolutely nothing happens, no error messages and nothing on the black panel. The only thing that happens is that the cursor changes from the text cursor to the arrow cursor for about a second or two and then turns back. Is very frustrating.
Sam.

ATozz
April 23, 2004, 11:10 pm
I found out what my problem was... I was trying to connect to a server running the "ingame" version of the dedicated server... the one that works on ASE. And Soldat Admin 1.2 only works with Soldat server 2.09(the one that don't work with ASE) :D

ATozz
April 27, 2004, 7:35 am
To Pattoe: That is most likely your problem too, since your server also is registred at ASE :D

pattoe
May 31, 2004, 9:35 pm
thx but it aint mine, its davve's. (i know this post is really really old)