( search forums )
carrying weight and movement speed
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Devilyn
April 10, 2004, 5:52 pm
i have this idea. dunno was it posted already tho i cant make teh sh!tty search work.

if there could be a carrying weight parameter in soldat (like restriction for teh number of nades atm) and then it could affect the movement speed of soldier. i.e. u go on base assault with full load, then drop some nades there and flee with greater speed. so then u can choose what u need more - pawa or speed, but not both.

and there r other ppl suggesting things like dif kind of armor (light/heavy) or carried med kit, and they could also affect teh movement. for instance if u carry heavy armor u have minimum space left for teh nades till the max load, which could be modified though.

and by 'speed' i mean not only how fast soldier run, but also how far he can get by jets.

if u find this useless for normal game, then how abt realistic mode.

AerialAssault
April 10, 2004, 6:41 pm
barret and minigun users could barely move. lol

Devilyn
April 10, 2004, 6:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssault
barret and minigun users could barely move. lol

OR wear no armor as an option. so ppl could whine less abt barrets

Veronica
April 10, 2004, 8:12 pm
I like your idea Devilryn, more tactics are needed. Would make it a bit more difficult to sail away with kills and points. But more fun

BMF
April 10, 2004, 8:12 pm
go play some CS?

Devilyn
April 10, 2004, 10:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by BMF
go play some CS?

i dont care abt cs, leave it to kids.

AerialAssault
April 10, 2004, 11:12 pm
BMF this isnt a reject them and tell them to play CS forum. but it should be :D

n/a
April 10, 2004, 11:35 pm
Well, some extra modifications to the gameplay are always welcome...and this suggestion seems a nice idea to me...
The balance between the guns has been adjusted several times ... and is now close to the perfection (no barretjokes, pls)... , so maybe it is time to add some additional difficulties to the movement of the soldier.

DT
April 11, 2004, 12:47 am
how about keep speed like it is...

Toni_Cicerelli
April 11, 2004, 5:07 am
soldat is an arcade type game, not a simulation. it would only aply in real mode and it seems like too much work for something so small.

AerialAssault
April 11, 2004, 10:21 am
sometimes u need realism for a game to be fair tony, arcade style or not

Famine
April 11, 2004, 5:13 pm
I agree with aerial, this will help balance the weapons more.

Drama
April 11, 2004, 5:43 pm
BMF, devilyn owns you.

There was some topic about this and michal said that it doesnt fit into such a fast tempo game

I would like the idea though

Devilyn
April 11, 2004, 9:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by Drama
doesnt fit into such a fast tempo game

changin speed is enough actual for dynamic game. when speed essential - u might wanna move faster. and how abt throwin ur secondary off to accomplish that goal.

Alamo
April 11, 2004, 9:37 pm
The minigun already IS a bad weapon. Do you want to make it worse???

dellard14
April 11, 2004, 9:41 pm
it already duz base speed on ur weapon. load up a map with no bots on local and take a minigun. move with it. then switch to a socom. i think u'll see the difference.

Toumaz
April 14, 2004, 11:08 am
Soldat is Soldat, it should not be a replica of another game!

blackdevil0742
April 14, 2004, 12:23 pm
Like the idea but NO!

AllanXtreme
April 14, 2004, 11:42 pm
To many other games use this, its just plain boring, and with a large weapon just bad. I like Soldat because it is simple (grab any gun and sh00t). But it would be good in realistic mode (I mean what gun can run with a minigun as fast as a guy with a knife)

Marine
July 25, 2004, 11:10 pm
This is a good idea, but what if it only took affect in realistic mode? That would leave normal mode to be...normal.

TigerDragon
July 26, 2004, 1:18 am
ya like u guys said it would b nice in realistic mode

loserisme
July 26, 2004, 4:10 am
I say no. First, its the speed and weight, next, its the option to change it to first player view. Then, you gonna ask for some single player. After That, Soldat, will become a CD out to hit the markets. Soon enough, Marc will be rich, but now, we've got another Counter Strike, Halo, Medal Of Honor, etc., etc., etc.,

Point is:

We don't want that to happen. Do We?

Spectral
July 26, 2004, 4:16 am
i agree with Marine
and loser, true, there may be a risk in what it may lead to, but it shouldn't be that exaggerated

black-B
July 26, 2004, 4:20 pm
its realy good idea, to realistic and it should be optional, like FF. If u are realy hevy and fall down u die :D, but if not, then not. if u have barret - u are slow, but lethal. But if u have DE's u are realy quick, and barretard dont have any change (still it reqs some skills), or something like that.
And if u got a hevy armor, then u cant take realy havy gun..

loserisme
July 27, 2004, 2:02 am
Keep the speed as it is. otherwise, add bonuses like Speed Pick-Up or Slow Down

Cookie.
July 27, 2004, 2:40 am
yeas something like friendly fire