( search forums )
getting the edge over ppl - music
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
achan1989
April 11, 2004, 11:51 am
hey,

just wonderin, how many ppl actually play with music on?
especially interested to hear from better/veteran players.

i dont at all. mainly because with music on you cant hear wats goin on as well, unless you turn it reall low - then u mite as well not have it at all.

with it off i can hear if ppl are coming often before i can se them. gives time to prepare/run watever. also from what direction, good if playing real mode.
u can hear distant battles, how many ppl, how far, which side, and what weapons.

try it, i think it works well. unless u all think im talkin crap.
does anyone else play with music off?

Weed
April 11, 2004, 11:59 am
there are more then 5000 players, surely many ppl play with music on or off.

sorry to tell you this, but to stupid questions, stupid answers.

cup_of_squirrels
April 11, 2004, 11:59 am
Well Im registered but its too complicated to set ALL my music to play so I just use winamp ^^

b00stA
April 11, 2004, 2:19 pm
I usually play without music, but sometimes it's good to listen to Gore.. arrhh

blackdevil0742
April 11, 2004, 2:22 pm
I usually play without music. I often play with high volume and it sounds so good when you use Spas.

Famine
April 11, 2004, 5:03 pm
I play with music...and unless your song features gun fire, and explosions I don't see how you can't hear the ingame sound. I can perfectly.

?
April 11, 2004, 5:26 pm
Yeah its easy to play with music, I always have music playing in musicmatch while playing soldat.

n00bface
April 11, 2004, 6:38 pm
i modded my weapon shots to play music, so I know when someone's coming AND i know it...fashionably!

cup_of_squirrels
April 11, 2004, 7:28 pm
Listen to real hard metal. Like SoaD's Suite Pee or Darts. It sounds rather good:

"DIIIEEEEEE"
{RN} Cup Of Squirrels killed Hitman
"BUUUUUUURN"
{RN} Cup of Squirrels killed Jesus' Vagina
"LIIIIIIFE"
{RN} Cup of Squirrels super mega 1337 pwned DNA.Styx with Shotty ;)

cup_of_squirrels
April 11, 2004, 7:28 pm
Listen to real hard metal. Like SoaD's Suite Pee or Darts. It sounds rather good:

"DIIIEEEEEE"
{RN} Cup Of Squirrels killed Hitman
"BUUUUUUURN"
{RN} Cup of Squirrels killed Jesus' Vagina
"LIIIIIIFE"
Cup of Squirrels super mega 1337 pwned DNA.Styx with Shotty ;)

kevith
April 11, 2004, 7:36 pm
I've tried it both ways and I can't really say I play any better with or without music... I just decided that I prefer playing Soldat with the music off. Why? Who knows... I guess I might think it provides some advantage, but it is probably negligible.

Alamo
April 11, 2004, 9:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by cup_of_squirrels
Listen to real hard metal. Like SoaD's Suite Pee or Darts.

Sorry 'bout my opinion but that ain't hard metal. That's Nu Metal and Nu Metal ain't no hard metal. Nu Metal mostly is Hip Hop - Metal Crossover. Amon Amarth is hard metal imho (e.g. Amon Amarth - The Sound of Eight Hooves). Sometimes i actually like to listen to SoaD too but well that's no hard metal... It hardly is metal at all...

I listen to music while playing too. I like the original soundtrack like Gore and Bloody Soil but at the moment I listen to MP3 tracks. My actual Playlist is
Fear Factory - Linchpin
Sepultura - Roots Bloody Roots
Sepultura - Anticop
Sepultura - Troops of Doom
but i might as well need some new tracks... :)

dellard14
April 11, 2004, 9:36 pm
i mostly listen 2 rap, but the stuff i use with soldat features loads of gunshots which can be annoying

i listen to rap only, but the stuff i use with soldat has loads of gunshots, footsteps etc. so it can b confusing

Double post joined. Use the [IMAGE] EDIT function next time. -b00stA

odinn
April 11, 2004, 10:52 pm
rap sissys, you have to listen to metal when playing soldat :)

DrocK
April 11, 2004, 11:21 pm
hard rock here when i just want to play seriously, normal rock when i'm bored and i got nothing else to do, i dont use the soldat mp3 player i just use winamp because some songs cant be played on soldat [:P]

Hitman
April 11, 2004, 11:24 pm
I like to listen to an assortment of classical music, ranging from Mozart to Beethoven.

April 11, 2004, 11:30 pm
Hitman, according to your sig you also listen to outkast. Outkast is great.
Ontopic- No, I dont listen to music in soldat. It just puts me off.

?
April 12, 2004, 1:43 am
I don't get why people think you have to listen to metal if you want to listen to music while palying soldat I jsut think its stupid.

Famine
April 12, 2004, 1:47 am
Only Yngwie Malmsteen when I play!

Alamo
April 12, 2004, 2:52 am
quote:Originally posted by odinn

exactly! Sometimes I start banging listening to my music... It's getting hard to play but it's ok :D

Aegis
April 12, 2004, 4:25 am
METALLICA

ChrisNofx
April 12, 2004, 4:35 am
i listen to a bunch of punk and emo while playing soldat. doesnt effect me at all tho.

AerialAssault
April 12, 2004, 4:44 am
lotta TOOL korn, and metallica

DrocK
April 12, 2004, 4:48 am
dimmu borgir, slipknot, lamb of god, drowning pool, disturbed, korn, arch enemy, ill nino, in flames, mudvayne, ramnstein, 40 below summer, metallica, coal chamber, dark tranquility, killswitch engage, poison the well, system of a down, slayer, trapt, etc etc etc

dellard14
April 12, 2004, 12:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by odinn

nah. metal has too many high impotent voices 4 me [8D]

Hitman
April 12, 2004, 4:04 pm
I bet none of you dumbasses realised I was being sarcastic..

BlackSpear
April 12, 2004, 4:29 pm
man does no-one listen to good metal and not some nu-metal crap????? (exept DrocK for Dimmu Borgir and Lamb of God)
i'll name some good bands for under soldat: (ones with (!!!) are extra good)
aborted, anaal nathrakh (!!!), anorexia nervosa (!!!), carpathian forest, count nosferatu kommando (CNK), dark fortress, deicide, exhumed, forest of impaled, frost, funeral fog, funeral mist, gloomy grim, gorgoroth (!!!), hate forest, horna, impaled nazerene, limbonic art, mork gryning (!!!), negura bunget, severe torture (!!!), suffocation (!!!), the black dahlia murder (!!!), tjuder, vrolok, winterfrost, zyklon

well think this is enough, these are only the good fast bands (mostly black) metal bands, so a bit slower good metal bands like dimmu borgir, arthemesia, immortal, finntroll ect ect aren't named...

DrocK
April 12, 2004, 7:19 pm
Blackspear has a pretty good list there [:P]

dellard14
April 12, 2004, 8:21 pm
nah, throw all that away. mobb deep all the way!

Cookie.
April 13, 2004, 1:16 am
music makes me play better much betterr :) i have a wide range of songs from run dmc, incubus, metallica, ratm, pearljam, um and alot more lol and flaming lips :P

Deleted User
April 13, 2004, 4:07 am
Metal, techno and trance, these are the best music styles for Soldat :P

odinn
April 13, 2004, 11:22 am
besides of battle.it, classics like venom, celtic frost and bathory is good with soldat, and why not behemoth because poland is so nice.

Famine
April 13, 2004, 1:08 pm
quote:man does no-one listen to good metal and not some nu-metal crap????? (exept DrocK for Dimmu Borgir and Lamb of God)

Said I listen to yngwie, that is good metal.

BlackSpear
April 13, 2004, 1:38 pm
do I look like someone who knows a band called yngwie?
could be good, but never heard of them so i assume to would suck as mutch as the rest, download my list and have more then enough metal for the rest of the year for soldat ;)

Famine
April 13, 2004, 2:05 pm
Dude Yngwie Malmsteen is the guitarist, BEST IN THE WORLD! He was in alcatrazz. His music is awesome, he was in the 80's. But if you never heard of him must mean you don't listen to a lot of metal.

blackdevil0742
April 13, 2004, 2:10 pm
So youre new in the 21st century. On behalf of all of us. I greet you!!!!

Famine
April 13, 2004, 2:16 pm
BAH! 21st century music is the worst music ever!

blackdevil0742
April 13, 2004, 2:20 pm
Ever tried listening to it? At least I've got a life. music from the 80's sux. I guess some people just don´t know how to adjust.

Famine
April 13, 2004, 2:24 pm
Yea, but it sucks! Dude, 80 music is the best. I don't wanna keep up with the times if the music sucks. Anyone can strike a few powerchords on a guitar.

blackdevil0742
April 13, 2004, 2:41 pm
My dad thinks the same thing and hes from the stoneage. When are you from? My guess is the year your mother turned 16.

Famine
April 13, 2004, 2:46 pm
All I gotta say is ALMOST everyband sux now withexception of a few...
Punk is dead
Metal sucks now
NU-METAL IS f***** GAY

blackdevil0742
April 13, 2004, 2:49 pm
Because you think NU-metal sux I gotta say I think you must have been born out of a pigs rectum. Wwwwwwwhhhhhhhuuuuzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaa.

Famine
April 13, 2004, 2:51 pm
STFU Teeny bopper, when the next fad comes along I hope you notice that it sucks too

blackdevil0742
April 13, 2004, 2:52 pm
Born out of a pigs rectum. hahahahahaha ha

Famine
April 13, 2004, 2:54 pm
Dude, you are the most idiotic motherf*****r ever. can't wait tobe told I was born out of a pig's rectum before but atleast it tlooked better then your mom

blackdevil0742
April 13, 2004, 3:00 pm
Now we are getting somewhere. So you like pigs rectums.
BTW did I make u angry?
If I offended you and your pig I´m sorry.

Famine
April 13, 2004, 3:03 pm
No, your just a f****g idiot who makes stupid retorts.

blackdevil0742
April 13, 2004, 3:06 pm
Actually the phrase f*****g is long gone. Maybe you and your friends in the 80s still use it, but as I said earlier Welcome to the year 2004.

ROFLMFAO

kevith
April 13, 2004, 3:31 pm
Even though this has turned into some sort of freakish insulting contest, I'll back Famine up and say that if you are a guitarist, you have to respect Yngwie Malmsteen. Whether it's your style of music or not, he is simply an amazing guitarist.

blackdevil0742
April 13, 2004, 4:03 pm
Is he your boyfriend?
I welcome you 2 to the year 2004

Famine
April 13, 2004, 4:07 pm
Go listen to fags singing about how the love their boyfriends, while strumming two notes.

blackdevil0742
April 13, 2004, 4:10 pm
Dude the doors to the 21st century is still open for ya.

kevith
April 13, 2004, 4:14 pm
What are you even talking about? Yngwie Malmsteen is a great guitarist no matter what kind of music you (or I) listen to. On a somewhat related note: Have you no respect for the people who made today's music possible? Led Zeppelin? The Beatles?

Well I digress.... While you welcome me to 2004, I will welcome you to reality where your ridiculous spamming of this thread is getting out of hand. 9 of your 103 posts have been in this thread and you've yet to make a post that was on-topic. If you're going to keep posting at least attempt to make a valid argument instead of spouting insults as if you were an 8 year old.

edit: While Famine is posting a lot of crap too, at least he had a valid post in this topic that he has been defending.

blackdevil0742
April 13, 2004, 4:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by Famine
All I gotta say is ALMOST everyband sux now withexception of a few...
Punk is dead
Metal sucks now
NU-METAL IS f***** GAY

Hey he started it he said that Nu-Metal is [:-censored]ing gay!
I'm just doing the same thing he does by witing bad things about the music he likes. I've never listen so mutch at the 80's music. Maybe it's good don't know.

Peace?

Famine
April 13, 2004, 4:30 pm
quote:Ever tried listening to it? At least I've got a life. music from the 80's sux. I guess some people just don´t know how to adjust.

before the post that "started" it

quote:I've never listen so mutch at the 80's music. Maybe it's good don't know.

I have listened to NU-METAL

blackdevil0742
April 13, 2004, 4:33 pm
Sorry my friend was here so I was making him wanna join the forum. So I showed him how fun it could be.
I'M SORRY! (Buhu)

Famine
April 13, 2004, 4:49 pm
So, when you know you can't win, you make an excuse?

BlackSpear
April 13, 2004, 6:54 pm
nu metal sucks ass in my oppinion, listen to gorgoroth, immortal, crimson moonlight or arthemsia or something, and THEN decide if you hate it, nu-metal isn't officialy metal at all, its hardrock! don't confuse those two, eventhough there is metal in the word nu-metal. they just called it that to say yeah we're rough, we make metal..... but it isn't.

b00stA
April 13, 2004, 7:19 pm
(moved to Bash pit)

Blackdevil and Famine, next time you insult eachother in a forum except the bash pit you'll get a warning.

If you really hate eachother so much, take it to PM and have fun. Bye.

blackdevil0742
April 13, 2004, 7:27 pm
Whoa so next time i'll get a warning. I'll try to be nice.

odinn
April 14, 2004, 9:49 pm
YOU SUCK :X

Major Pissant
April 15, 2004, 11:23 am
Odinn? Must have taken you dumb ass very long to come up with. I just wanted to thank your mother for last night.