( search forums )
Ok, the barret problem is getting outta hand :-/
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
cup_of_squirrels
April 12, 2004, 4:06 pm
5 days after recording my stats with the soldat stats tracker by pr0ger I decided to see how many people I had pwned with my shotty when I saw how many people had killed me with a barret:

[IMAGE]

[:-weepn] I think im gonna go nuts....message to all barrret users: YOU DIE NOW O.o

The Noid
April 12, 2004, 4:12 pm
Indeed we do kill alot of people.

palloco
April 12, 2004, 4:13 pm
Yeah, and now compare it with how many deaths you had with minigun. Minigun is underpowered!

cup_of_squirrels
April 12, 2004, 4:16 pm
Yeah I must say the mini-minigun needs more power.....

Hitman
April 12, 2004, 4:19 pm
Not another [:-censored]ing Barret thread!!

cup_of_squirrels
April 12, 2004, 4:22 pm
Yes its another one. Im sick and tired of constantly shot down by barrets, Ok, its fun to do now and again but being constantly shot down by them....danmit, it hurts your mind.

Phamp
April 12, 2004, 4:30 pm
You could put a limit on the amount of barrets you have on each team or something.. but for deathmatch you can't do anything.

kevith
April 12, 2004, 4:36 pm
Yea another one... I don't know what it was but yesterday the barrets were really getting on my nerves (well, more than usual). I seriously think the barret is ruining the game and can't wait for the weapons editor so I can fix it. On my stats I have twice as many deaths by barret than any other weapon (#2 is m79 which has killed me twice as many times as any weapon besides barret).

cup_of_squirrels
April 12, 2004, 4:44 pm
Yeah but im a bit wary about this whole weapon editor. Everything is gonna end up in tears :-/

And pharph I also recommended that in the suggestions forum. I think Michal will do it but only time will tell.

BMF
April 12, 2004, 4:48 pm
Boo Hoo. Cry me a river

Learn to use all weapons.

NO MORE TEARS

n/a
April 12, 2004, 5:01 pm
Whichever change Michal will add to help balancing the guns, there will be a bunch of people who hold on to their obstinacy.
Obstinacy based on lack of self-confidence and nostalgic feelings, that's the only reason to dislike the barret ;-)

Icarius
April 12, 2004, 5:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by BMF
Boo Hoo. Cry me a river

Learn to use all weapons.

NO MORE TEARS

YAY

But when Weapon Editor comes out, everyone will be happy.

Weed
April 12, 2004, 5:33 pm
yeah, i put 2$ on a bet, that the first edition will be a barret that shoots like a rambo bow, and the rest of the weapons will have slow, really really slow shots...

Famine
April 12, 2004, 5:41 pm
i hate the mp5 more than the barret, which i gotten use to dodging.

Phamp
April 12, 2004, 5:52 pm
how you meant to dodge barret?

SuperKill
April 12, 2004, 6:18 pm
oh man not another thread of this crap

Chakra
April 12, 2004, 6:25 pm
Theres a few things i don't get about this weapons editor that I assume Michal believes will solve all debates...

Will there ever be a 'definitive' selection of mods for soldat made by the community, or will it go a bit mad with everyone making mods until we end up with a different mod for every server?

Also, wouldn't it just divide the community? All the whiney barret haters will take refuge in barretless mods, and the barret-users will make standard soldat even more of a 1-gun game spawning yet more noobs who see all the 'vets' in servers using it. It ain't gonna be healthy..

Hitman
April 12, 2004, 6:38 pm
Damn, you've got a pretty good point there!

Deleted User
April 12, 2004, 6:51 pm
Barret = ....RIGGED!

1.You can't dodge 'em
2.Accurate shot
3.Zoom
4.1 Hit kills
5.noobs using it keep sayin' they got skillz!

vegkl
April 12, 2004, 7:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by cup_of_squirrels
5 days after recording my stats with the soldat stats tracker by prOger
Where do you get that?
BTW, if you don`t like barret, just desable it and host your own server!

kevith
April 12, 2004, 7:22 pm
Re: the weapon editor... I'm also very curious about how that will affect the Soldat community. Perhaps it will come out much like Chakra said with a million different variations. However, whatever the DNA server uses or SCTFL rules dictate will probably end up being the most common (and they will probably just be the default the game uses). All in all I don't think the editor will change things as much as I'd initially feared (hoped?).

quote:Originally posted by vegkl
Where do you get that?
Soldat Statistics 1.2

And as far as disabling barret? That is not the best solution. It has its place.

CbbLe
April 12, 2004, 7:26 pm
there is no barret problem anymore...shut up!

fabmanx
April 12, 2004, 7:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by CbbLe

Agreed.

cup_of_squirrels
April 12, 2004, 8:01 pm
Yes there is. 5 days. killed 250 times with barret, the closest being 160 by (suprise suprise) the m79 :-/. And BMF, whos side are you on? You say boo hoo cry me river, presumebley to anti-barretards, then say learn to use all weapons. My mind hurts O.o

BlackSpear
April 12, 2004, 9:17 pm
the statement of learn to use all weapons sucks, the only way to beat a barret in 1 vs 1 is with the barret or maybe the m79in occasions. so what you are saying is that if someone uses the barret everyone should start to use the barret becouse its overpowered in non bussy servers.
must agree the the barret isn't overpowered at all in bussy servers, but it's REALY the gameplay spoiler if someone uses it in not bussy servers!!

BManx2000
April 12, 2004, 10:00 pm
What the hell is a bussy server o.0

ooooh you mean "busy" right? Learn to spell man geez.

Veronica
April 12, 2004, 10:12 pm
It's a game, suck it up and roll with the punches. You'll find a way to get around those snipers. Sure it's annoying when you alone (handling a knife) with a team of snipers against a team of snipers. But then again...its so easy to shut down the game ;)

AerialAssault
April 12, 2004, 10:13 pm
barret problem is getting out of hand, its not the campers i mind, its the assaulters

kevith
April 12, 2004, 10:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssault
barret problem is getting out of hand, its not the campers i mind, its the assaulters
I agree...

I have noticed that over the last few days it has been getting worse.

Holden
April 12, 2004, 10:51 pm
Assaulting = =/. The two best solutions so far: A) Make the Barret unable to shoot while running or B) give Barret bullets more power the longer they go (ex. Somone shoots from right in your face, 20% health. Someone SNIPES you...100%. That's the best solution, and I hope something like that will be included in the weapons editor. =).

BMF
April 12, 2004, 10:53 pm
quote:the statement of learn to use all weapons sucks, the only way to beat a barret in 1 vs 1 is with the barret or maybe the m79in occasions.
You are officially retarded. m79 is the weakest weapon of 1.2. One on one i can beat any m79'er with a soccom. I mean ANY m79'er. In CTF m79 is good if you play a strict capper with no defense responsibilities. You can hardly play mid-field with m79 anymore.
Anyway, you should master every single weapon. Only after you pwn with every gun, you can call yourself a vet. And if everybody else is using a barret, stop your bitching, and kick their ass.

For now, no more tears.

Deleted User
April 12, 2004, 11:00 pm
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssault

Yep... DIE BARRET ASSAULTERS!

BManx2000
April 12, 2004, 11:19 pm
Yay so I can camp my heart out then? Or would you cry "barretard" as soon as I sniped you?

Holden
April 12, 2004, 11:31 pm
Well...I wouldn't, seeing as you sniped me. Easier to miss a shot sniping, therefore larger chance of being able to kill you.

palloco
April 12, 2004, 11:40 pm
BMF, you n00b. people with m79 can also have socom, there you have their defense. And who cares if you can win or no with a weapon in ctf. I doubt you can defeat me with a minigun in 1vs1, but you can do it with m79, then the underpowered weapon is minigun.

DaRabman
April 12, 2004, 11:42 pm
I got a server that has the Barret, Minigun and M79 disabled you don't get teh n00bs culling the other players down with one shot (or 100). I find all the games I play there are a lot more interesting, it also brings out people using the less popular weps like the ruger and Minimi.
Sam.

Mossy
April 12, 2004, 11:57 pm
Barret seems to be the only choice of weapon on most servers I visit... and I end up using it just to give em a taste of their own pitifull meds.

BMF
April 13, 2004, 1:01 am
palloco.. what?! Get your [:-censored] together before yapping out loud

Cookie.
April 13, 2004, 1:03 am
bmfs my hero! and truth beknown ak is the shiz :P

Souza
April 13, 2004, 1:25 am
O.o ... barret MAY be overpowered, but by no way it is a problem :S
*G* then m79 and law are also a problem, cause they're one-shot-kill weapons :S
geez la weez dudes, it's a game... i also have bad stats in some weapons..

Deleted User
April 13, 2004, 7:59 am
oh cmon... m79 and law arent a prob! u CAN dodge them, and u get a 1-hit-kill when u do a nice and well placed shot. The barret have a ultra fast bullet speed and some serious accuracy which u CANNOT dodge, even with a kelvar u get 1/4 chances of survival!

that fuking sniper
April 13, 2004, 9:39 am
Just delete the damn thing and make everyone shut up already...I dont know what's worse nowadays, the overuse of barrets, or the whinings about it. For right now, its not changing, people, so wait for Michal to say *something*, *anything* about a new update before you go all complaining. I get killed by barrets as much as you do, but I dont let that piss me off. Just play the game and enjoy it when you can. If its pissing you off, stop playing it.

Fab and Cbble: Barret has gotten only to 'true instagibbage' since 1.2, shut your holes about it being hard :P even I can use it...

Arial: I'd prefer the barret removed than having it a strict camper gun. Some people say it would be much better if you could only fire in crouch mode or prone. Well, how is this going to solve the problem? How hard is it to just stick to the ground and crouch whenever you see an enemy? Besides, with barret you can get rid of any opponent straight away with a *rediculously easy* shot, being crouched as you are. People will still overuse barrets, and it will become even more annoying.

vegkl
April 13, 2004, 9:42 am
quote:Originally posted by kevith

quote:Originally posted by vegkl
Where do you get that?

And as far as disabling barret? That is not the best solution. It has its place.

Agree, but some ppl just whining: host your own servers whit no barret!

cup_of_squirrels
April 13, 2004, 10:37 am
What can I say? ITS THE FRIKIN SOLDAT APOCLYPSE!!!

Oh and about hosting your own server, it always lags :-/

Icarius
April 13, 2004, 11:05 am
YAY for TFS.

Cbble, Fab, if you think the barret is hard, MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRY THE OTHER GUNS!!!!! :D THEY ARE EVEN HARDER MAN!!!!

Really though, I'm waiting for this Weapon Editor thing, if Michal makes it dandy, then the game will be intresting. Maybe then you guys can make the super weapons you always dreamed of, but until then, your whining will get you nowhere.

BlackSpear
April 13, 2004, 2:05 pm
You are officially retarded. m79 is the weakest weapon of 1.2. One on one i can beat any m79'er with a soccom. I mean ANY m79'er. In CTF m79 is good if you play a strict capper with no defense responsibilities. You can hardly play mid-field with m79 anymore.
Anyway, you should master every single weapon. Only after you pwn with every gun, you can call yourself a vet. And if everybody else is using a barret, stop your bitching, and kick their ass.

For now, no more tears.

well a good camping barretard will kill you as soon as you enter his fov, so in the time that he shoots his one barret shot you can also shoot one shot, and that just isn't [:-censored]'n enough to kill him. so you also need something that kills with one shot and lets face it, only the barret, knife and m79 does that. since you have to be pretty close to succesfully trow your knife and you have less barret skills then that camper for who the game is all about the barret, your gonna lose... so the best way to kill him without getting killed is stay you of his FOV and shoot with a angle with the m79. (btw i'm not talking from a ctf or inf standpoint, but a dm)
and for the one who was complaining about me learning to spell, I don't care one [:-censored]'n thing, becouse i'm not english or something. my primary language is dutch and learned dutch, german, french and english in school.
"OHHHH an extra S in bussy, learn to spell (damn i'm smart that i saw that error)" and don't come and point out all the errors in this post becouse there certainly are some in here, but I just don't care and want to type posts fast...

Mossy
April 13, 2004, 10:57 pm
This arguement has been going on as long as I can remember - I don't think anything can be done...

DaRabman
April 13, 2004, 11:11 pm
I concur.
Sam.

Duke33
April 14, 2004, 1:04 am
Agreed, Mossy.

I prefer fighting against barrets. A person who is good with desert eagles or a Mp5 is a lot harder to beat than someone with a barret. See, a barret user has only one shot, and then a while to reload (relatively speaking). So, if you can dodge that shot, they're as good as dead. However, a skilled person with a rapid-fire weapon can just keep on wasting you, almost constantly. Basically, if you can learn how to dodge bullets, barrets arent a huge problem. Mind you, thats my opinion.

That said...people, if you dont like barrets, tough. Michal has never gotten rid of it, or majorly changed it. And people have been bitching for a long, long time. Can you draw a logical conclusion?

achan1989
April 14, 2004, 1:19 am
enough whining, is duke the only one that realises that michael is not gonna do anything about it?
seriously, if you dont like the barreters, KILL THEM.
its really not that hard.

kevith
April 14, 2004, 2:07 am
quote:Originally posted by achan1989
enough whining,
We can complain all we want... It's a little hypocritical to whine about other people whining. Besides, nobody makes you read it. If you're sick of the whining then quit reading the complaints.

quote:Originally posted by achan1989
michael is not gonna do anything about it?
That is not really true for two reasons:
1) Michal said he was going to release a weapons editor in the next version.
2) He did do something about it in the 1.2 beta and all the barreters whined until he changed it back

AllanXtreme
April 14, 2004, 3:44 am
quote:Originally posted by BlackSpear

For now, no more tears.

so the best way to kill him without getting killed is stay you of his FOV and shoot with a angle with the m79. (btw i'm not talking from a ctf or inf standpoint, but a dm)

Couldn't you just use a grenade?

BlackSpear
April 14, 2004, 11:19 am
well yeah, but the grenade goes less far and does less dammage and is harder to hit with.
but agree that the barret isn't hard to dodge in the hands of noobs but some people.... DAMN!! they never seem to miss whatever you do, half of the time they even shoot you out of a (good) nade jump for [:-censored]s sake!
(btw nade jumping or is also a VERRY good way to make all the noobs miss or kill them before they have released a shot)

SuperKill
April 14, 2004, 12:15 pm
funny how all the newbies call the barret users noobs. stupid idiots

blackdevil0742
April 14, 2004, 12:27 pm
Barret sux end of story

Holden
April 14, 2004, 1:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by BlackSpear
well yeah, but the grenade goes less far and does less dammage and is harder to hit with.
but agree that the barret isn't hard to dodge in the hands of noobs but some people.... DAMN!! they never seem to miss whatever you do, half of the time they even shoot you out of a (good) nade jump for [:-censored]s sake!

Well...then those people are good with it. Therefore, it is stupid for people here to call every Barretuser a noob, seeing as you yourself admit to them being good, and I guess alot of the users here admit to some of them being great with the Barret.

Marbire
April 14, 2004, 10:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by SuperKill
funny how all the newbies call the barret users noobs. stupid idiots

If you are using a weapon THAT easy..... you deserve to be called a noob.

quote:Originally posted by fabmanx
quote:Originally posted by CbbLe

Agreed.

Oh... Ok... so there was a HUGE problem with barret prior to 1.2, that everyone complained about.

What did Michael do? He made it twice as powerful..... and now there's no problem? The problem is worse than before.

Chakra
April 14, 2004, 10:50 pm
There isn't a problem with barret anymore because there is no further discussion to it. It's all been said, and both sides rejected.

Besides, the defence for the 'ultimate debate' was so immature and shallow that it proved painful and 'samey' for all involved... alot like most of the public servers.... I imagine most non-barreters have learnt to steer clear of both.

MadMoney
April 14, 2004, 11:58 pm
Look there is always going to be a contraversial weapon in this game as in many others, look at counterstrike and the awp... same exact deal. CS has been around for about 5 years and no changes were ever made to the n00b friendly gun, besides, even if a noob can kill you 1/5 with the barret anyone with some skill will pwn them 4/5. And for all the vet barret users, i salute i have found myself many of times typing ns when i get picked and dont even know where from..

grand_diablo
April 15, 2004, 12:58 am
I stated in another thread, that the current situation is quite ok. Well, the last weeks completely changed my mind.

After my system and then hdd crash, which took me out for bout 2 weeks, i reinstalled Soldat and felt like trying out other weapons (yes, before i was a goddamn barretard). Now im playing M79/Minimi and 2nd SOCOM, but i sometimes also use AK and Deagles. And thats how i realised that the barret is far too easy to handle and definitely too powerfull at all.
Try to fight a barreter in a 1on1 on Arena with a M79? Impossible. You may got some adequate score on tiny maps like Arena2, but on big maps your most likely a victim. The only acceptable way of barreting is using at in the defense, id call it "legal camping" in CTF, means guarding the flag (not sitting around in a bush in the middle of the map).

But when i am hit by 3 barret shots at once somewhere on ctf_b2b - not in defense but by assaulter going the opposite way - this DOES hurt my mind(quoting squirrels).

M79 is ok so far, as it is slow and you need skill to make precise shots. maybe the reload time could be increased a bit.

kevith
April 15, 2004, 2:16 am
Another one converted [:p]

Duke33
April 15, 2004, 2:21 am
Does anyone remember Evilaugh's 'NERF THE BARRET....' thread? It went on for about 14 pages before being sent to the bash pit. Please...never again. So...stop. Everything, and trust me, everything that can be said has been said. Perhaps not by you, the prospective bitcher. But it has. And nothing has happened. I don't think I'm going to post anything else.

BMF
April 15, 2004, 2:37 am
quote:btw i'm not talking from a ctf or inf standpoint, but a dm
I am talking CTF, soo...

1. Read what i post
2. shut your hole

that fuking sniper
April 15, 2004, 4:22 am
This isnt going to stop, Duke. Just because Michal tottaly ignored the arguement and contradicted his own statement about "nerfing the barret in 1.2", doesnt mean people should just take it and shut up. Maybe you think that nothing will be done since what there is to be said has already been said, but they dont. And thats their right. As long as things dont appeal to people, complaints will be heard. Not you, nor me, nor anyone can stop them from doing that unless its an admin who bans them all from the forums. Heh.

The way I see it, there is no solution but to substantially degrade the barret's attributes and make it more fair to play with, or completely delete it. Either way, some side wont be pleased, and then complaints will be heard from it.

Mechanoid
April 15, 2004, 6:07 am
BFG9000s (DooM)
Railguns (Quake 2)
Shock Guns primary on secondary effect (Unreal/Unreal Tournament)
Gauss Guns with max charge (Half-Life)
M82s (Various "Realistic" Games)
M79s (Various "Realistic" Games)

What the hell is with these danm insta-gib weapons in action games?
What? Please tell me.

If you can answer that question, you have a solution to Soldat's M82.

3rd_account
April 15, 2004, 10:35 am
Of course there's a problem with the barret! It's to accurate when running and flying, so it hits almost exactly where you point it. You can't deny that.

BlackSpear
April 15, 2004, 10:43 am
1. Read what i post
2. shut your hole

i'm not going to shut up for you, I say wat I want to say and you can also say what you want, personaly find it no problem :P

Drama
April 15, 2004, 12:48 pm
Only bad with barret i had yesterday when all else my team used it on kampf

You can only win a ctf match if your team weapon balance is good, and teamwork works

And about minigun, the kickback shouldn't be as powerful, though the bullets should cause more damage, and its lag must be removed. It pwns in realistic btw

SuperKill
April 15, 2004, 1:05 pm
if nobody noticed it yet (morons) its not so accurate anymore you goddamn idiots

FroG-BoY
April 15, 2004, 1:38 pm
Uh... Mechanoid, the BFG9000 is as slow as a snail on dope. Shock gun Primary + Secondary is pretty hard, and its mostly the splash damage that kills them. As for the others, I don't know.

Da cHeeSeMaN
April 15, 2004, 1:46 pm
its [:-censored]ing simple u only give them 2 shots not a [:-censored]ing bunch of ten!!! thats why they camp cant u see god u guys is stooopid

Chakra
April 15, 2004, 5:45 pm
if nobody noticed it yet (morons) its not so accurate anymore you goddamn idiots

I actually laughed, from the belly too.

hehehehe, that's really got me tickled.

BMF
April 15, 2004, 6:05 pm
quote:if nobody noticed it yet (morons) its not so accurate anymore you goddamn idiots
Wow, you ARE an idiot. I am not going to even comment on this

Snipedmyself
April 15, 2004, 11:06 pm
yeah, u wont beleive how many time s i just subconciously said barretard in my head..like every game...yeah i can hear my sublime talk so shutup

grand_diablo
April 16, 2004, 1:38 am

If there've been changes to the barret, they must've been very tiny ones. I was a barret user from the beginning of my "soldat career" on (July03, early 1.1.5 time) since about 5 weeks ago. And its goddamn too easy to use and too precise.

It must be much harder to hit with barret while running or flying, an reload time could be increased slightly. And too many barrets on a CTF Pub just ruin the game, you cant do anything, if they first shoot you on the distance by seeing u through the scope, and till ure close enough to hit em precisely with M79/an automatic gun or else, they are ready for another shot.

Thats why the double-barret rule has been invented in the ESL.

PS: Think before writing something and dont call others idiots without bringin serious arguments. "Idiot" isnt an argument.

SuperKill
April 16, 2004, 9:35 am
lmao..
its MORE accurate then 1.5 when you shot it left+down or up+right, still every angle is less accurate then the left+up or right+down of 1.5..lol, retards.

"It must be much harder to hit with barret while running or flying, an reload time could be increased slightly. And too many barrets on a CTF Pub just ruin the game, you cant do anything"

weird how i played a match with almost all the other team using barret and i used Deagles and i pretty much owned ;/
and i'm not trying to argue pff

Icarius
April 16, 2004, 11:50 am
ITS A SNIPER RIFLE, SNIPER RIFLES AREN'T BEING USED LIKE SNIPER RIFLES IF THEY ARE BEING USED IN THE AIR. Just understand for one second that the Sniper isn't actually that hard to aim and kill someone with. Sure it might be less accurate, but thats because you spend most your time here and not improving your skills or working to get a better mouse.

SuperKill
April 16, 2004, 12:12 pm
haha ;p bet i have a better mouse then you do ;)
and for the "realistic" crap you're talking about..
yea you're righti forgot that jetboots exist in rl, that you can fly and shoot with a ruger or minigun or even aug like you do with barret, that you can carry a LAW while flying (lol) etc etc.

soldat isnt a realistic game, get used to it.

cup_of_squirrels
April 16, 2004, 12:15 pm
Remember UT? FOr thode online veterans you may remember that Facing Worlds was the big CTF map. Why? BECUASE IT WAS [:-censored]ING SNIPER BASED O.o

palloco
April 16, 2004, 12:43 pm
"weird how i played a match with almost all the other team using barret and i used Deagles and i pretty much owned ;/"

Not hard to do when they are newbies

SuperKill
April 16, 2004, 1:05 pm
i'm not that stupid to say it if all i did is own noobs, they werent newbies.. they are pretty good actually.

Da cHeeSeMaN
April 16, 2004, 1:25 pm
sum one said: its a sniper rifle sniper rifles arnt used in midair

i agree BUT if u use a sniper like ur suppose to shoot from a screen away u get called a camper so either way....

palloco
April 16, 2004, 1:31 pm
Who are them?

Drama
April 16, 2004, 2:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by cup_of_squirrels
Remember UT? FOr thode online veterans you may remember that Facing Worlds was the big CTF map. Why? BECUASE IT WAS [:-censored]ING SNIPER BASED O.o

Lol o live to pwn up from that place, only bots cause they dont whine

cup_of_squirrels
April 16, 2004, 3:16 pm
too true drama :P

P.S Cheeseman stop changing your avatar

Snowden
April 17, 2004, 9:37 am
Would you all shut your pie holes? You whiny little punks keep saying it is so accurate and needs to be nerfed. If its so good then why don't stop spraying your mp5 for a moment and learn to use it? Personally I find sniper fights exhilarating.

[IMAGE]

Look at that, instead of whining about getting killed by barret I did something about it

Captain RibMan
April 17, 2004, 9:58 am
i hate you snowden

Element_101
April 17, 2004, 10:30 am
The barret is only really annoying when some little [:-censored] sites there and just keeps getting kills wtf can u do about that! omg its soo [:-censored]ing gay!

grand_diablo
April 17, 2004, 11:10 am
quote:Originally posted by Snowden
Would you all shut your pie holes? You whiny little punks keep saying it is so accurate and needs to be nerfed. If its so good then why don't stop spraying your mp5 for a moment and learn to use it? Personally I find sniper fights exhilarating.

[IMAGE]

Look at that, instead of whining about getting killed by barret I did something about it

You did something bout it? You became a barretard? What do you want? Applause?
Like i said, i played with barret almost for a year, when i found out that its far too powerful. What you suppose would lead to a game in which everyone uses barret. gr8 idea...

palloco
April 17, 2004, 12:02 pm
He is not a barretard. He is a vet, look, barretards only use barret, he use everything...
Snowden, next time I find you on a server where you have half my ping I will have to make taunts Snowden up, Snoden low, lol! You were massacring my team. At least I neutralized you in Kampf until our team had one member less than yours.

LOL, grandevil, it took you out a year to fing barret is overpowered. Good job Sherlock!

SuperKill
April 17, 2004, 12:16 pm
thing is its not overpowered .............................................. omg you people suck ;/

that fuking sniper
April 17, 2004, 12:42 pm
Of course its not overpowered. These people cannot possibly be right.

To Evillaugh: Barret isnt a sniper rifle. Its an instagib gun. It was always that way untill it was added a scope and a sniper line which made it way too good. In 1.0.5b there wasnt complete balance, but it was good gameplay, the barret did a great job being an instagib gun. I think Michal made a mistake by trying to curve it into a sniper rifle, look how good it is right now - Instagib gun AND a sniper rifle - both of which are overpowered. But for my own enjoyment, I'd prefer playing against a nerfed instagib gun than nerfed sniper rifle, unfortunately the barret is neither of these now.

JaZzMaN
April 17, 2004, 12:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by grand_diablo
Like i said, i played with barret almost for a year, when i found out that its far too powerful.

And you did a year over it to find that out?

Erh... SLOW ...

btw: I'm not against Barrett, if you can't aim you're nothing with barrett... so, some skill is required... I guess... :)

El_Mariachi
April 17, 2004, 2:57 pm
Snowie!
Us bawettwhiners usually dont mind getting killed, I mean, hey, u die some, u kill some, its the uniformity of gameplay that comes with everyone using the same weapon that gets on my nerves. Imagine this, a certain new weapon called the ultraleetkiller 666 becomes fashion in soldat. Everyone starts to use it, not because its good, but because someone of influence said that it is friggin coolest weapon out there. After meeting a whole team of peeps equipped with the ultraleetkiller 666 id surely say "goddamn, im so tired of that gun, listen, there are other weapons too, yay for diversity".
The situation now is the same, cept that the reason that everyone uses it is that the barett actually is an ultrakiller weapon. so, regardless of the reason, it is devastating, cuz its the weapon most used by far.

peace love and pitbulls

Mariachi

SuperKill
April 17, 2004, 3:19 pm
"The situation now is the same"
no its not. there only "fashion" that was created is the whining.
bunch of people started whining, all the other guys that cant stand to die continued the whine.

Chakra
April 17, 2004, 4:36 pm
*sigh* ...6 months on since the beta days and Superkill still ain't learned jack. Does 'anyone' have a solid arguement defending the barret other than "you just don't like being killed" ?

SuperKill
April 17, 2004, 6:02 pm
oh i proved myself already in that duel "that i was supposed to get owned by evillaugh+barret"
i'm not trying to argue cuz i know you'll just keep whining.
so just be quiet and wait for the weapon editor.
then you can ruin your server and have your little fun.

cup_of_squirrels
April 17, 2004, 6:06 pm
Snowden you've just put yourself on the wrong side....

El_Mariachi
April 17, 2004, 7:26 pm
Hey Superkill!
How is the situation any different?
from your point of view i guess it is, but that only proves my point.
The fact of the matter is that its not the getting killed that is the problem. It is the uniformity of gameplay that gets to me. If everyone started to use the underpowered minigun, it wud be as frustrating.
(or is even. sometimes ppl start using the minigun, doesnt kill [:-censored], and play really bad, still frustrating, not because i get killed (cuz i dont ;) ) just that it is the same).

Please tell me u understand this very simple reasoning, otherwise im not sure how to say it :
/Mariachi

Uzzi
April 17, 2004, 7:37 pm
Argh not another barret post!

I say just the play the game and just try to enjoy it, whining isn't fun for anyone!

SuperKill
April 17, 2004, 8:16 pm
mari~ the situation is diffrent because the barret is an "ultraleetkiller 666" only in some eyes, including yours.
you cant put a fact that its true.

El_Mariachi
April 17, 2004, 8:21 pm
hehe, point doesnt seem to come across :)
What i mean to say is:
1. Even if the barett was the lousiest weapon out there, and still was the by far most used weapon, it wud be boring.
2. Whether the reason is as in my fictional example due to a stupid fashion, or if it is as it is today, its good, its fun or whatever, is of no relevance.

Because, its the fact that everyone uses it, not that it pwns that is the issue.
/mariachi

Aquillion
April 17, 2004, 8:33 pm
I don't give a damn, directly, about how powerful the Barret is; what bothers me is how overused it is. It's dull to play against the same gun so often. I think the Barret should be changed just to encourage people to use other guns. Overpowered guns aren't a matter of "me vs. the barret users", 'cause of course I could just use a Barret. It's a matter of other guns getting less use, and the gameplay suffering as a result.

The Barret should be less accurate when moving, and totally inaccurate from the air. You should have to crouch or lie prone to get good accuracy, and you should have to stay crouched and prone for a short while to balance your aim. This is how sniper weapons and instagib guns work in almost every other modern game. Yeah, snipers are annoying, but you can take them out if you're clever; it's the ability to stand up and start using the Barret as a 'normal' gun when you get to close to them that makes it overpowered at the moment.

Back when it was nerfed in the beta, the whining and bitching by Barret users was reportedly unbelievable, so bad that Michal had to go back and make it overpowered again. IMHO, that only shows how broken it is. At the very least, that version should be released to the public for a while, so a broader audience can see what the fixed Barret was like. (The beta, after all, was largely made up of older players, most of whom had long since switched to the Barret as their primary weapon.)

SERIAL KILLeR
April 17, 2004, 10:34 pm
Make the barret a 4-5 bullets magazine, 10 bullets is just to much for a weapon like the barret.
U almost never have to reload and when u run out of bullets u can easely pick up one from someone else who just died.

Spectral
April 17, 2004, 10:46 pm
i usually die before i get 4-5 shots off with barret...

Drama
April 17, 2004, 11:53 pm
it should be 1 bullet per clip, reload: => rate of fire, rate of fire: 0<1 secs.

This is because throwing grenades/rolling DOES NOT SLOW down the barret reload, unlike with m79.

n00bface
April 18, 2004, 12:17 am
How many times do I have to say it to get it through your puny minds;

THERE IS NO BARRET PROBLEM ANYMORE! YOU CAN ALL GO HOME AND FORGET ABOUT IT CUZ THERE ISNT A PROBLEM AND THERE NEVER WAS.

BManx2000
April 18, 2004, 12:38 am
I think people are mad because the barret is now laser-accurate at all times. I use barret most of the time but I do agree that it could stand to have its accuracy nerfed.

BMF
April 18, 2004, 1:15 am
Dont like it? Turn it off

CASE CLOSED

Hitman
April 18, 2004, 1:43 am

BMF
April 18, 2004, 4:48 am
Hitman would close this thread now if he was a mod...

n00bface
April 18, 2004, 5:20 am
if he were general discussions mod.. too bad he'd be confined to fan board..

Aquillion
April 18, 2004, 5:57 am

CASE CLOSED
If it gets fixed in the next version and people still want it to be overpowered, they can stick to version 1.2. [:P]

The basic gameplay, however, should be reasonably balanced--servers shouldn't have to choose between a server that omits one of the weapons, or a server where all the others will be overshadowed. That's why (popular though it is) the Barret needs to be fixed.

JayBDey
April 18, 2004, 6:06 am
I've said this before, make the barret only able to fire while prone. People would have to use it for camping and sniping then, none of the rambo BS we have now.

El_Mariachi
April 18, 2004, 8:32 am
Heh, I really dont see the point in closing a topic where ppl discuss? Sure, theres the ever present ppl that only scream and actually doesnt discuss, but if we close all topics that they visit, few topics would be left.

"There isnt a barrett problem" eh, isnt posting that in this thread... I dunno, like...
If ppl think it is a problem, it is? As it is now, lots of ppl actually think it is. (duh)

Anyways, no one answered my post about the problem isnt so much that one is getting killed all the time by the barrett (the getting killed all the time has improved since it was modified in 1.2), but everyone uses it. Am I going to stand unchallenged in this my opinion? Come on fellas, pick up the glove and fight the arguments instead of what u think is the arguments. Don Quijote ;)

Also, be nice :)

/Mariachi

ps Anyways, in latest news, sad to see NS and PC leave sctfl 3 :ยด( /me curses the atlantic ds

coolsi
April 18, 2004, 10:46 am
The beta where the Barret was nerfed was very good. People used a much wider variety of weapons, some of which I had rarely seen used before.

Marcinkowski then un-nerfed it, because the people who used barrets before suddenly became crap, so dependent on their instagib weapon they were.

You want an example of how overused the barret is today? I was playing on the 2wai server earlier (player limit was 8) and every single other player on there was using the Barret. Sure, I could kill them with my MP5 if they missed me first shot, but my god, it was the most boring game I have ever played. Spawn. Run. Bang. Dead. Spawn. Run. Dodge. Kill. Bang. Dead. Continually.

Why can't Marcinkowski listen for once, I'm not complaining about the power of the weapon, it's a sniper rifle so of course it kills in one shot, but why does it have to be a minority who get what they want? Reading through this thread, most people are in favour of nerfing the barret. But nooo, the barretards complain and nothing happens.

BlackSpear
April 18, 2004, 11:50 am
what some say, change the ammount of bullets in the clip, don't think michal whould do that couse there are 10 bullets in a real barret... (I thought)

SuperKill
April 18, 2004, 12:13 pm

CASE CLOSED

wow thats rare..
i agree [:-scared]

Hektik Sniper
April 18, 2004, 1:03 pm
in a real barret you can fire off a clip in about 10 seconds, but we dont want that do we blackspear?

Aquillion
April 18, 2004, 8:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by coolsi
The beta where the Barret was nerfed was very good. People used a much wider variety of weapons, some of which I had rarely seen used before.

Marcinkowski then un-nerfed it, because the people who used barrets before suddenly became crap, so dependent on their instagib weapon they were.

You want an example of how overused the barret is today? I was playing on the 2wai server earlier (player limit was 8) and every single other player on there was using the Barret. Sure, I could kill them with my MP5 if they missed me first shot, but my god, it was the most boring game I have ever played. Spawn. Run. Bang. Dead. Spawn. Run. Dodge. Kill. Bang. Dead. Continually.

Why can't Marcinkowski listen for once, I'm not complaining about the power of the weapon, it's a sniper rifle so of course it kills in one shot, but why does it have to be a minority who get what they want? Reading through this thread, most people are in favour of nerfing the barret. But nooo, the barretards complain and nothing happens.
I say we just bring back the nerfed Barret from the beta. Yeah, sure, people complaned. People have complained about every major change, seriously. If we stop every change in beta because of complaints, then we'll never be able to fix anything at all.

iLLskiLLs
April 18, 2004, 8:34 pm
Alright but all i realize is that most fights im killing more than dieng so barret is just a precise 1 shot kill gun = meaning for me your just dieng quicker, cause if i had spaz you still died just alittle slower ;) i mean face it in a real battle ur gonna die might aswell be the way i choose hehe

Hitman
April 18, 2004, 9:22 pm
Hitman would close this thread now if he was a mod...
Yes, I would, cause like every Barret thread they go nowhere. Plus, from the main man himself:quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski

Only I can change Soldat, I know that I've made the right decisions in Soldat 1.2...The only thing that people complain and always complained (some people don't remember the complaining in 1.05b but I do) is weapons balance. For me it is perfect now. Most people get used to new weapon settings and play. But some will never be happy. I have total control of all aspects of Soldat. The only thing I do not want to do anymore is balancing the weapons. That is why I decided to release a weapons editor with the next version of Soldat. There will be original weapon settings and they will stay as in Soldat 1.2.The weapons balance will not be changed, no matter how much you complain! These threads are pointless, because no matter how much you complain they will not be changed!

Don't come back to me saying "but we want to express our opinions?. Do you think you're the only people with these opinions? No! We've heard it all before, every Barret thread is the same. So put your opinions in to actions by making use of the Weapons Editor in the next version, and stop complaining!

BMF
April 18, 2004, 9:29 pm
Arguing about barret is like special olympics. No matter who wins, y'all are still retarded.

So lets drop the subject and instead flame superkill's mom

Weed
April 18, 2004, 9:44 pm
maybe michal listens to the barretard coz he is one himself...
or maybe he knows that most players use barret, and those players will in a while pay for the game...
why should he care about the vets if they already payed for it?

that fuking sniper
April 19, 2004, 4:45 am
Because I will rape his neighbours dog if he doesnt.

SuperKill
April 19, 2004, 9:05 am
bmf my mom is your grandma

that fuking sniper
April 19, 2004, 9:31 am
Thats confusing, SK. Very...very confusing. All I know is that I fathered her first child anyway. That means I'm your daddy. I thought I raised you better ;)

Element_101
April 19, 2004, 10:52 am
Arguing about barret is like special olympics. No matter who wins, y'all are still retarded.

So lets drop the subject and instead flame superkill's mom

Dude thats [:-censored]ing tight! theres no honor taken from picking on criples

cup_of_squirrels
April 19, 2004, 4:56 pm
We're all screwed *dies for cover*

BlackSpear
April 19, 2004, 6:51 pm
If the barret would become a 1 headshot one kill weapon i would be happy, then it would be realy a weapon that requires skill to kill with in 1 shot (or just plain luck) and if you shoot in the boddy you would have to switch to secondary and then finish it off... It would also be good against those noob campers and you have to learn to make headshots to succesfully camp (cous shooting with the socom from a bush sucks, lol)
ofcource it would suck for all the barret users becouse they would HAVE to use the socom as secondary to be good, but I think this will solve the problem (though create a problem for all the barretards but those are in less numbers then the people who are complaining now..)

Hitman
April 19, 2004, 8:21 pm
BlackSpear, nobody cares! It's not gonna be changed! Use the Weapons Editor when it comes out!

End of Topic!

Melba
April 19, 2004, 9:26 pm
Its not over till I say so...[:P]

Icarius
April 19, 2004, 11:04 pm
Amusingly, this has been discussed so many times that it makes me want to just not bother with it anymore. Except for this once.

Michal doesn't give a damn about the vets, he doesn't give a damn about the n00bs either. He only makes the game how he see's fit and doesn't care if something is lame or not. He's just making a game that a lot of people likes and, to be quiet frank, right now, it sucks [:-censored]. If he was a major business called MichalCorp, then things would be differant, but at the moment, he's just trying to make a game, and make it work. If he honestly cared about the community enough, he would spend more time here and actually listen to us people who have valid arguements. Sure enough though, he's come up with the briliant idea of making a Weapon Mod which will, indefinatly, make the game more fun or have people running around with insta gib guns. Woodifookinghoo.

Just for one second understand that Michal doesn't give a flying [:-censored] about the community but he still tries to provide for us with his seemingly once-in-a-blue-moon patches. Learn from this people. Michal doesn't give a damn that your being shot by the insta kill weapon. He may not have any judgement of fair, but he can still code a game and this may be one of his Earlier projects and thus when he moves into big-time, he'll probably do a bit more to the community than just leave them hanging for more than 4 months at a time with his elusive Patches.

Oh yeah, I could honestly care less around soldat right now, since the game is crap.

cup_of_squirrels
April 20, 2004, 1:59 pm
D; Soldat is dying. Please Michal, hurry the hell up with the next version :(

DT
April 20, 2004, 2:15 pm
Holy Sh... i mean poop... 7 pages of this...(more to come probly[B)])
All you got to do is keep move and dodge the shots not that hard

SuperKill
April 20, 2004, 2:48 pm
cup_of_squirrels, please stfu with the 'dooms day' announcments.
soldat ISNT DYING !!

DizzyTea
April 20, 2004, 3:47 pm
why am i contributing to this never ending , over talked topic?

Icarius
April 20, 2004, 4:51 pm
cup_of_squirrels, please stfu with the 'dooms day' announcments.
soldat ISNT DYING !!

Your right, it isn't dying, it's just getting worse though, and Cup of Crap doesn't help the matter by his anouncments

SuperKill
April 20, 2004, 4:53 pm
i always said 1.1.5 was a perfect version

palloco
April 20, 2004, 9:43 pm
1.1.4 was the best one!

kevith
April 20, 2004, 9:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by palloco
1.1.4 was the best one!
Spoken like a true chainsawer... [:p]

Souza
April 20, 2004, 10:24 pm
i shall only be happy with myself when barret shot develop claws and bite the head out of ppl... and m79s shoot flaming penguins...
and i agree with palloco.. 1.1.4 was the best... imo

Element_101
April 21, 2004, 11:51 am
Hey Hey come on 1.2 isnt that bad it has a lot of good points, dont let the bad points which are few blind you from the good points

DT
April 21, 2004, 1:41 pm
quote: Hey Hey come on 1.2 isnt that bad it has a lot of good points, dont let the bad points which are few blind you from the good points i say we kill the bad points with a gun....[:O]

palloco
April 21, 2004, 1:46 pm
Yeah, but where are the bad points of 1.1.4. There arent! It was perfect!

n00bface
April 21, 2004, 2:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by palloco
Yeah, but where are the bad points of 1.1.4. There arent! It was perfect!

law prone in-air!!! or was that earlier? bah..

FroG-BoY
April 21, 2004, 2:43 pm
LAW was 1.1.4, n00bface. 1.1.3 had socom as secondary only, as well as everything before it.

kevith
April 21, 2004, 4:09 pm
The biggest problem with 1.1.4 was the chainsaw. Don't you guys remember all of the rampant spawn-killing? It made public servers virtually unplayable...

SuperKill
April 21, 2004, 4:26 pm
what was the diffrence in 1.1.5 and 1.1.4 besides the saw ?

BlackSpear
April 21, 2004, 4:50 pm
1.1.5 (13.07.2003)
- Added stationary gun (M2 machine gun on some maps)
- Added maps: Krab and ctf_Kampf (old version remake)
- Added new lethal knife throw
- Added option to disable USSOCOM, Knife, Chainsaw or LAW
- Added LAN servers search option
- Added "Never forward through lobby" for server option in setup
- Added flames from flame bow
- Added "Sniper Line" option (line between player and cursor)
- Added option to easily add admins in dedicated server
- Added server is now protected from "connect" flooding
- Added protection against weapon graphics cheat
- Added protection against animation, objects cheat
- Fixed various map bugs
- Fixed weapon losing bugs
- Fixed flag missing bug when player out of map bounds
- Fixed secondary weapon cheat
- Fixed map maker cheat
- Fixed modem jet cheat
- Fixed missing and modified map scenery bug
- Fixed weapons menu not showing when all primary weapons disabled
- Fixed kills count display on right
- Fixed bot problems when secondary weapons disabled
- Modifed weapons menu button locks the menu
- Modifed LAW reload is slightly faster
- Modified chainsaw now has reload time and is weaker
- Modifed jetpack can be used when crouched, prone and parachute on
- Modifed LAW missile smoke slightly
- Modified options layout
- Improved some map visuals and spawn points

palloco
April 21, 2004, 8:07 pm
"The biggest problem with 1.1.4 was the chainsaw. Don't you guys remember all of the rampant spawn-killing? It made public servers virtually unplayable..."
Uh, something you can do again so I dont see the difference. C'mon say that chaisnaw must be nerfed again... at least in 1.1.5 it was fun, now is useless

kevith
April 21, 2004, 8:33 pm
It's not quite the same. In 1.1.4 the chainsaw killed on contact and there was no reload (i.e., you could run it forever). Now there has to be at least a bit of sustained contact to kill someone with full health and you have to reload every so often so it gives spawning soldiers a chance to get away. 1.1.5 it was too weak, now it's just about perfect.

Also: I'd forgotten that there was no knife-throwing until 1.1.5. When 1.1.4 came out virtually every thread on the forums was either "The chainsaw spawnkillers must be stopped!" or "The knife is useless!" See? Michal does listen to and implement our suggestions from time to time.

palloco
April 21, 2004, 9:22 pm
I prefer useless knife rather than useless chainsaw.
You can reload when soldiers had not spawned, so it becomes the same.

BlackSpear
April 22, 2004, 11:08 pm
Well the knife just rulez now, think I will never like the chainsaw, couse I already didn't in 1.1.4 (had the law back then)