( search forums )
To be honest
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Mossy
April 12, 2004, 11:59 pm
The multiplayer is awsome

But the Single Player - bots need a tune up!

moved to gen disc, this is not a suggestion -.-

Deleted User
April 13, 2004, 12:41 am
yea... hear hear!
impossible is like playing against a n00b

doffencom
April 13, 2004, 6:49 am
the bots are bad training.. Player have a much more random type of movment, I want bots to have that too..

DrocK
April 13, 2004, 11:40 am
bots arent bad training when its like 5 bots in impossible mode vs you on ctf_kampf
try it and they just wont seem easy as before

cup_of_squirrels
April 13, 2004, 12:37 pm
um, who cares?!

KnOt
April 13, 2004, 12:47 pm
I care. There are times when you can't play online, or you don't want to.

SuperKill
April 13, 2004, 1:40 pm
lol why would you want to play singleplayer instead of online ?

BlackSpear
April 13, 2004, 1:42 pm
it is possible to make a campain, something like assault in UT, and where you can buy weapons as you progress ttough the levels. but that would be a lot of work to build

?
April 13, 2004, 9:07 pm
Yeah bots are just so stupid.

Mossy
April 13, 2004, 10:34 pm
Bots could offer good offline play - if you ask me, Soldat SHOULD level up to UT bots but on a 2D level.
If you bots were upgraded - many more would want to play them for experience!

Trust me!
When I started playing UT games - I began vs.ing Godlikes, once you get the hang of fighting them (tactics to beat them) you become godlike to others who don't vs bots. Once I started being able to defeat the Godlikes - online play and LAN play was a walk in the park. Bots can give so much experience to players it isn't funny, so many ppl take it for granted the great AI some games have.

If it is included in a game - they may as well be difficult to beat, otherwise whats the point of having them except allowing n00bs to warm up on them before playing online...

Soldat really needs a Bot upgrade!

Some things could be changing them so they aren't so predictable with waypoints. If they get off track - instead of just standing there, how about they try different moves to find their way to the next point... Not to mention if they are blown off course they begin going the wrong way or glitch running into a wall. And if a person can't make waypoints, who cares - let the bots run around and jump when detecting a wall or fly up to a point of interest or something.
Of course this will be a big addition to Mike's programming but it would be worth the while - it would be the first step to Single Player capabilities. The next step could be scripting - in which modders can give bots certain jobs like guarding the flag or working together against you. There is a hole other part of gaming that Mike needs to get into. The work of good AI.

BManx2000
April 13, 2004, 11:45 pm
I think the bots should have some ability to see through polygons, like real players do.

Mossy
April 14, 2004, 12:18 am
That would involve a lot more than seeing through polygons - they would need to learn tactics. Instead of their run into everything personality because all that they do is follow waypoints, and when a player is in range they fire and take cover...

Gaso
April 14, 2004, 11:12 am
Better bots would be nice, cuz its too easy to kill those bots what we got now. Bots should jump and fly more to make it more challening to hit em, and they always "lock" to nearest target so they dont "see" anything else...

BlackSpear
April 14, 2004, 11:31 am
Well, also would like better bots but then again, I also think that Michal could better spent the time on other things like making it bug free and implanting some cool things from the suggestions board. but if you guys can let him make good bots then I won't complain ;)

quote:Originally posted by Mossy
When I started playing UT games - I began vs.ing Godlikes, once you get the hang of fighting them (tactics to beat them) you become godlike to others who don't vs bots. Once I started being able to defeat the Godlikes - online play and LAN play was a walk in the park.

and btw you should try playing ut against good people then, godlike bots are idd pussies with some practice, other people think the same way [;)]

blackdevil0742
April 14, 2004, 12:30 pm
Bots are good just play against 30 on ctf and see how good you are

DrocK
April 14, 2004, 11:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by blackdevil0742
Bots are good just play against 30 on ctf and see how good you are

exactly, thats what i said
bota arent easy anymore once you have more than a few against you

MadMoney
April 15, 2004, 1:25 am
Their aiming doesnt need to be touched, they make all head shots with a machine gun on impossible

BlackSpear
April 15, 2004, 8:29 pm
In DM I still find impossible pretty easy....

Mossy
April 17, 2004, 12:41 am
sure you could have a hole bunch against you, but one SHOULD be worthy enough for a good game AT LEAST!

Element_101
April 17, 2004, 9:47 am
The bots arne't that bad compared to other games out there, im sure they will be fixed in time

BlackSpear
April 17, 2004, 6:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by Element_101
The bots arne't that bad compared to other games out there, im sure they will be fixed in time

Idd they aren't bad (on impossible) but they are still too easy for something called impossible....

Element_101
April 19, 2004, 10:23 am
quote:Originally posted by BlackSpear
quote:Originally posted by Element_101

Idd they aren't bad (on impossible) but they are still too easy for something called impossible....

Yes well if you can do a better job im sure your welcome to try if you cant then you shouldnt accuse, and that goes for all of you

DT
April 20, 2004, 2:17 pm
Yea better al is needed.... big time