( search forums )
CTF Kampf2k4 (REDONE) V1.0 (May-09)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
grand_diablo
April 17, 2004, 8:21 pm
As the name of the map says, i tried to remake the legendary and often played ctf_kampf from the original maps.

CTF Kampf2k4
------------
Screenshot: www.marketzone.de/files/ctf_Kampf2k4.jpg
Map: www.marketzone.de/files/ctf_Kampf2k4.PMS

As the new topic title said, i completely reworked the first, quite mediocre release of Kampf2k4. The map is now bigger, it looks better and is better to play, too. The base stayed quite the same (despite both side are now exactly equal), but a "Flagger Hideout" has been added. The upper way has been completely redone, so its now more similar to the original Kampf, but not the same. Ive also modified the lower way. All in all i think (hope [:P] ) that the maps look and feel have increased a lot. Some more standard sceneries are going to be added in the next version, you still dont need extra sceneries.

hope you will enjoy Version 0.9 of CTF Kampf2k4. New screenshot is online (same url. click "Refresh" if u still have the old one in cache.)

Fully waypointed!

Changelog V0.92 > V1.0
----------------------
+ fixed another 2 jumpy polys
+ lowered the "cliffs" on the upper way a bit
+ increased jet fuel
+ added bot waypoints
> First final version

Changelog V0.91 > V0.92
-----------------------
+ fixed 2 jumpy polys

Changelog V0.9 > V0.91
----------------------
+ fixed a polybug
+ slightly increased jetfuel
+ increased number of medpacks

Changelog V0.8 > V0.9
---------------------
+ completely redone

Haro1121
April 17, 2004, 8:50 pm
meh doesnt look like ur other god like eye candy but yah um it looks like it has some nic gameplay

peemonkey
April 17, 2004, 11:05 pm
meh.

Hitman
April 18, 2004, 1:53 am
To be honest GD, your maps seem to be getting worse and worse..

grand_diablo
April 18, 2004, 9:55 am
Ermm, just add some explanation:

This map wasnt meant to look like a graphical sensation, it was meant to improve the gameplay of the original ctf_kampf without bothering around with sceneries. (Do u guys read my map descriptions? oO )

PS: Nothing against critics, but please focus on the gameplay of the map, i know it doesnt look too pretty)

Alamo
April 18, 2004, 4:22 pm
Personally I like the gameplay being improved... I never really liked the original Kampf cuz it was sooo hard to get out of the flag pit without getting blown into pieces... The upper way will be frequented more now too so there is not that much 'traffic' on the main way. The spawnkiller-stationary issue being removed is also kinda cool. I don't know what you don't like about the map boys... And in the end soldat never was about high end gfx. Go play CS ;)

M4nTiS
April 18, 2004, 4:32 pm
i like the gameplay of this map too... its easier now to get the flag..but still fair :D

n1 grand_diablo :)

DaRabman
April 19, 2004, 8:43 pm
That's cool, serious gameplay map. I personally prefer maps with scenery and some variation or features.
Sam.

sazzam
April 28, 2004, 7:02 am
please waypoint it the best krampf map

grand_diablo
April 29, 2004, 6:22 pm
CTF Kampf2k4 has been completely redone, and now looks way better. Also the gameplay is now more similar to the old Kampf, so that it now may earn the title "remake" [:)]

New screenshot, map version and Changelog are online. See main posting of this thread.

Enjoy!

grand_diablo
April 30, 2004, 2:23 pm
Tiny update today, see changelog in main posting.

Deleted User
April 30, 2004, 5:07 pm
grand diablo, please don't double post...you know how to use the 'Edit' function - you use it on your first post. [:)]

grand_diablo
April 30, 2004, 11:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by Stalky
grand diablo, please don't double post...you know how to use the 'Edit' function - you use it on your first post. [:)]

Mmmkay. [:)]

btw. im missing answers on the playability/look/etc. on the reworked version [:-weepn] [:P]

---
May 9th:

To avoid another double posting:
Ive finally managed to create working bot waypoints! The red team uses lower way to get to the flag, the blue one the upper path. Whats concerning bringing the flag home, its reversed (surprise! [:P])

Though i must say, that path 1 (red path to the flag) works better, how many blue bots manage to get on the upper way, depends on how and where they spawn. But after a while all of them usually get up there.

Have fun!