( search forums )
Anti-Camping Commands/Actions
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
JaZzMaN
April 18, 2004, 11:09 am
I tought about 2 anti-camping thingy's...

-> If someones camping, you can type in Cmd: /camping <name> and he would lose 20% health or something...

-> When you're standing close to an teammate-camper, you should be able to kick his ass off the camping place...

Just an idea... but on the other hand... camping isn't forbidden [:-indifferent]

The Noid
April 18, 2004, 11:49 am
I just use grenades to move my teamates that are camping...take 20% thats just well unfair.

Aquarius
April 18, 2004, 12:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by JaZzMaN
-> If someones camping, you can type in Cmd: /camping <name> and he would lose 20% health or something...
Congratulations. It is the most stupid idea I've read lately. Please, think! it doesn' hurt [:-banghead]

BTW... if u can't deal with campers you really deserve to be owned by them.

JaZzMaN
April 18, 2004, 12:11 pm
I just think it's lame that they just sit there and wait...
I do kill them... some quicker than the other...

btw, if you don't like the idea, just say it, don't start to break down someone...
It's just a suggestion...

btw, what's your suggestion for the camping problem (besides to kill them), Aquarius?

Aquarius
April 18, 2004, 12:20 pm
btw, what's your suggestion for the camping problem (besides to kill them)

What problem? You don't like killing campers? To easy? Don't play with them or kick them.

JaZzMaN
April 18, 2004, 12:23 pm
Yeah, sure, but there are not many servers or games you join where there are no campers, but you're right...
Don't play with them...
It was just an idea.

MisterX
April 18, 2004, 1:39 pm
If I see teammates camping, for example, on B2B at the edge of the upper platform, I just do it like The Noid. Throw a nade at or behind them, and they will be kicked off the platform. If they come back, just do it again.. a few times and they start complaining, or they are just anoyed and attack.

Aquarius
April 18, 2004, 2:31 pm
Let others to play the way they want. Unless you own the server.

Dathker
April 18, 2004, 2:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by The Noid
I just use grenades to move my teamates that are camping...take 20% thats just well unfair.

thats what i do too....and i just murder enemy campers

MisterX
April 18, 2004, 6:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by Aquarius
Let others to play the way they want. Unless you own the server.

On the one hand: yes, right.. but on the other hand, camping sucks. I don't think I know many people who really know what playing is about but like camping. In CS noone likes campers, in Soldat noone likes campers.. is there any game where people like campers? I don't know one.

Gaso
April 18, 2004, 9:06 pm
njah those commands are crap, first of all there would be no use to start type those commands cuz its faster to grab ur gun and shoot campers brains out. Best anti-camping thing is to locate camper b4 he shoots u, then just take the campers guts out or just simply shoot his brains out like I just said.

noorg
April 18, 2004, 9:35 pm
yeah.. stupid idea but i would like this asskickingthing [;)] (not just for campers)

kevith
April 18, 2004, 10:52 pm
Complaining about campers is like complaining about people using the barret: It's fun to do but it will ultimately accomplish nothing. Let them do what they want. It is just stupid to nade your own teammates who are camping. All of a sudden you know better than them how they should be playing the game? Why don't you try telling them why you (the all-knowing) think that they shouldn't be camping? Grow up...

Oh yeah... obviously I don't like the idea proposed here. If you can't figure out a way to beat a camper you deserve to be sniped to death 50x in a row.

BManx2000
April 18, 2004, 10:55 pm
This has got to be the most retarded idea ever... I don't have to explain why.

Haro1121
April 19, 2004, 3:33 am
I tought about 2 anti-camping thingy's...

im the kinda person that would double tap / and keep doing it till there dead mwhahha :) or make a taunt Cmd: /camping and rapidly type someones name

BManx2000
April 19, 2004, 3:36 am
You just explained why. Congratulations :P

JaZzMaN
April 19, 2004, 5:31 pm
Ok, guys, you know, nevermind the idea's... I was in a sad mood that day and I had to say something about camping... Ok, close this topic plz... :)

You're all right actually, JUST BLAST THOSE F* CAMPERS !!!

Alamo
April 19, 2004, 7:42 pm
erm... I don't have to complain about campers. I don't even meet lots of campers. Only campers are some of those barret noobs and they wouldn't hit an elephant if it stood right in front o' them...

BManx2000
April 19, 2004, 10:52 pm
*AHEM*...
*Snipes alamo from 2 screens*

DrocK
April 20, 2004, 4:46 am
lol this idea it is kind of stupid but i rather kill barrets by myself

Element_101
April 20, 2004, 5:42 am
This is tight every one keeps posting and bringing it up to the top of the page, he wants it gone dont be tight just lock it

kevith
April 20, 2004, 3:18 pm
If he deletes the first post would that delete the entire thread since he is the author? How does that work?
edit: I guess you can't delete your own post if it began a thread... oh well sorry for prolonging your misery. [:p]

MisterX
April 20, 2004, 3:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by kevith
Complaining about campers is like complaining about people using the barret: It's fun to do but it will ultimately accomplish nothing. Let them do what they want. It is just stupid to nade your own teammates who are camping. All of a sudden you know better than them how they should be playing the game? Why don't you try telling them why you (the all-knowing) think that they shouldn't be camping? Grow up...

Oh yeah... obviously I don't like the idea proposed here. If you can't figure out a way to beat a camper you deserve to be sniped to death 50x in a row.

well, I really often try to tell campers that it's lame and so on, but it's just nearly useless. Sometimes, but just sometimes, they say "ok", stand up and run to attack. But just not too often..
And you can't say "let people play how they want to play". Maybe I take it too serious, but then you also mustn't complain about cheaters.

Aquarius
April 20, 2004, 4:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by MisterX
And you can't say "let people play how they want to play". Maybe I take it too serious, but then you also mustn't complain about cheaters.

I can say [:D]

Don't you really see a difference between camping/sniping and cheating??? [xx(]

Sniping is a style of play (I'm not telling it is good... or bad). You may like it or not. If you don't like it, don't play on public servers or play on the servers without the Barret.

dv297
July 17, 2004, 1:33 am
lol, I was just thought of the stupididest thing to do to stop campers, make remakes of maps with "hurting" poligons. That way, all campers can camp untill they die. lol

TigerDragon
July 17, 2004, 6:10 am
whats wrong with campin. its fun.

TigerDragon
July 17, 2004, 6:14 am
The noid always camp. he always camp with barret or mp5

The Noid
July 17, 2004, 6:23 am
*hides*

Deleted User
July 17, 2004, 7:08 am
guys guys GUYS! will you stop whining about CAMPERS...some people are complaining about guys with barrets that run to them and blast their head off...then they complain when snipers stay on position and try to find target ..THATS WHAT SNIPERS DO!..SNAP OUT OF IT!!

GoldAnt_Number1
July 17, 2004, 4:11 pm
pfft, jazz that was a stupid idea. Camping is just another strategy in the game, if the time is right in CTF or whatever, i'll camp, when the times right i'll kamikaze their base and wreck havoc upon their fragile bodies. It depends on the factors in the game. Also, you people who nade and m79 people who are camping "or APPEAR to be camping, grr" need to let others play the game. If you get shot by some newb with a barret cause he ran into you, you DESERVE IT cause your the pffter that was stupid enough to let somebody do that to you. Same with the m79, of course nobody likes getting blown up at close range, good strategy for the enemy team though if your teams to stupid to avoid runnin in and trying to melee people with grenade launchers!

Moral, play smart. If they're sniping, either snipe back, or uncamp them, thats part of the game, I actually enjoy taking out the other teams campers, it gets to be kind of fun. Next, if you don't like getting blown up by the m79, don't be stupid and get close, don't fly near walls, stay in the middle of the air, dodge the grenades, and shoot the 79er till hes dead... Its silly to complain about other peoples strategies. Tell me, if you were in a real war, would you complain because the enemy camped? come on now *spits in disgust*.

CbbLe
July 17, 2004, 4:24 pm
I would like anti-whining commands...if someone says 'barretard', 'n00b', 'lag' etc then they loose 50% of their health

sanity
July 17, 2004, 5:44 pm
what is this.. the thought police?