( search forums )
DM-Island Hoppers Revolutions [20-apr]
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Holden
April 19, 2004, 9:19 pm
So, I guess not so many of you are familiar with my Island Hoppers-maps. It's OK, I don't expect you to be. One of the first maps I made was a funny little thing called "Island Hoppers". Some people described it as "It looks like Super Mario!". Anyway, I thought, that for the three first 10-maps-celebration, I would make another IH-map, making it a trilogy. So, here is now my 30th map.

Now then. These maps have never been about looking good or being a piece of art. It's all in the gameplay. I think they are well-balanced, and play quite nicely. Each map has gotten better than before, so this map is really huge! It is unfortunately not waypointed, because it is so hard to make waypoints on these types of maps. =/. Anyway, enough smalltalk. Here is to someday, maybe at my 100th map, being as good as some of you other, very talented mappers that hang out here. Remember, if it doesn't play good, looks don't matter. (Meaning that I'm not good at making things look gorgeous, but...something. Yeah, that's it.). In that spirit, I give you: Island Hoppers Revolutions (the two earlier maps can be downloaded below):

Island Hoppers Revolutions OVERVIEW PIC:
[URL]

Island Hoppers Revolutions ZIP:
[URL]

Island Hoppers OVERVIEW PIC:
[URL]

Island Hoppers ZIP:
[URL]

Island Hoppers Reloaded OVERVIEW PIC:
[URL]

Island Hoppers Reloaded ZIP:
[URL]

ALL MY OTHER MAPS IN A ZIP:
[URL]

Until next time, enjoy, even if it's not the best out there! [:D]

Melba
April 19, 2004, 9:30 pm
mycket bra

Haro1121
April 19, 2004, 11:35 pm
wow that looks like it has some awsome gameplay like u said that would be fun as hell!

poyi19920624
April 20, 2004, 2:48 am
The Reload one is the best! It is incredible. Oh my goodness jesus! Made more of these! Every body can make them, only thing is, they can't waypoint it! It is hard but try it. I can try waypointing it if you want me too, I'm getting good at waypointing. And did you got the name of the map from the movie: The Matrix? The Matrix Reload, and The Matrix Revolution.

Holden
April 20, 2004, 8:35 am
"And did you got the name of the map from the movie: The Matrix? The Matrix Reload, and The Matrix Revolution."

Yeah, it's more of a parody. =).

EDIT: Thanks for the comments, you could try to waypoint it if you'd like. =).

poyi19920624
April 21, 2004, 12:24 am
Ha, that is what I thought. K, I would way point it as best as I can after I'm finish with the map I'm working on.
Inf_Redwall