( search forums )
Elephant Hunter's :: Jungleworld
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Elephant_Hunter
April 20, 2004, 1:54 am
Hey Ya Guys. Been playing Soldat alot recently and decided to make a map, about my second one. I've got the bot waypoints tweaked out to near perfection. Man, that was half of making the map. Heheh.

Anyways, it's your average meat-grinding bin of action. No new graphix, although i'd like to spend the time, but don't know what I'd do with them. The scene is based off of my Soldat character's supposed hunting grounds in Africa.

[URL]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Goes off a ways to the right, but don't have the pics now. There's a miniture jungle and a bridge by a small outpost. Fairly large, horizontal map all in all.

Any Suggestions? Ideas? Flaws? Be glad to fix them. Thanks!

Cheers,
Elephant Hunter

Soulsnipa
April 20, 2004, 2:39 am
Hmmm just looking at the wireframe....fix some of the upper boundary...i see a spot that is very thin. Somone with m79 can get through.

poyi19920624
April 20, 2004, 2:43 am
not another jungle map! But jungle map is really good to play. You can take an overview by zooming it in the Map Maker. To the map: Good shading. Nice scenry placing, maybe should made the background brighter. Their is a part where the tree end in a stright line (first pic). That isn't good. Try to put a bush near it to cover it. Their is a bug for waypoint, the bot can't go up the buliding from inside. Some how I had seen them trying to fly up, but they can't. Good map overall, one more question: did you sing up this froum for this topic...?

Unlucky 13
August 4, 2004, 10:10 am
nice, but use EDIT button next time u rethnk posts
love the clouds, BG etc

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 4, 2004, 11:36 am
the one that thats bothering me a tiny bit from an otherwise great looking map, is where that blue light in the water is coming from. I think that the moon scenary that should be a part of the SML mappack would fit real nice into the map.

SigHunter
August 4, 2004, 4:45 pm
hmm, it looks realy realy nice :>
the overview screen looks damn good
the effects of the northlights and the mirroring effects in
the water, nice work