( search forums )
Keyboard Freeze's
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Subslider
April 20, 2004, 2:17 pm
ok here's my problem i dont know if your aware of this bug but here it is..

When im a game on the internet my keyboard freeze's i mean i can use the W,A,S,D and all the other thingy to move etc.

but i cant:
Change the song
Use any of the F buttons
Cant Exit.. ( using Alt+F4 to exit )
cant Use T..(The console appears..but cant type at all thnx to that new Mouse-click-exit-console i can still play it..)

this is really annoying i dont get this all the time but more and more often lately..[xx(]

Once again dont know if this has been reported before but just wanted you 2 know..

Sub..

kevith
April 20, 2004, 3:27 pm
The same thing happened to me once last week. I could't type messages or anything, just move around. It was really weird. I have no idea how it happened or what I did to have it go weird on me. I guess I'm not really adding anything to this thread, just that it's not only Subslider who has had this problem before.

MisterX
April 20, 2004, 3:48 pm
I don't know if it has been posted, yet, but I had and have the problem quite often, too. Well, not too often, and after 1 or 2 Soldat restarts everything is working as usual, but when the bug appears it's just anyone. And most often, or everytime, don't know, I hear the Windows "dong" sound when I press I (my Chat button) or ESC then.

Drama
April 20, 2004, 9:35 pm
happens to mee too.. Often goes away from mouse click

poyi19920624
April 21, 2004, 12:14 am
rofl, strange one this time. You got it suddenly or what? Tell you something, don't run other problem when playing soldat. And one more thing, don't capital the 'freeze' on your topic. I always thought it was me....

aprilninety
April 21, 2004, 12:18 am
I get the keyboard freeze too when I open up the chat console. The way to exit ou of the chat is to mouse click, but then you can't move your sprite. It's really annoying but you can try this:

1) Alt+f4 to exit the program.
2) Open up Soldat again. You can start chatting again. It works for me.[:D]

I really dont know what's wrong with the keyboard, but it does shutdown midgame sometimes. any suggestions?

Subslider
April 21, 2004, 2:35 pm
yea i know that that works (as i discribed in my post..) but still its frikin annoying and i get it more and more often..

quote:happens to mee too.. Often goes away from mouse click

the console dissappears.. not the bug..

Btw is there anything i can do bout it?.. or is just an bug in soldat?..

Snowden
April 21, 2004, 11:42 pm
Yep, I HATE it when this happens. It been happening since previous versions too.

Shyo
April 22, 2004, 7:36 pm
Same problem, quite often, every, 10 or 20 soldat starts >_>

poyi19920624
April 23, 2004, 3:37 am
I know, after I read it, I get it. You put badluck on me. Rofl. I don't think their is any thing you can do about it

elitentity
June 17, 2004, 8:06 am
I think it happens when u press a button a lot and u respawn... I use deagles and when i press 1 a lot in impatience with the respawn time (like this: 11111111111111111111111111111111111111) it gets stuck.

T.J.FoRd
June 17, 2004, 5:50 pm
no not the same thing, this is where u cant even leave the game or type or do auto taunts.. it suks.. espicialy during serious games..

Subslider
June 17, 2004, 6:10 pm
nope.. dont think its that.. or it only happens 2 you.. could be that ya have a 3.11..XD

Alamo
June 17, 2004, 7:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by Drama
happens to mee too.. Often goes away from mouse click

Well, that seems to be the reinitializing of controls after having Alt + Tab'ed.

Dathker
June 20, 2004, 5:57 am
its annoying. it only happend to me after i reformated. it never happend before. and i noticed that it does it on one school computer but not the rest.. wtF?

Subslider
June 20, 2004, 2:10 pm
well this bug is highly random.. it happend on my old computer (still does) but now with my new computer i havnt seen it anymore..

well yea it could happen after reformatting, since i reformatted my old computer asswell but my new one not..

maybe michal knows more bout this and how preventing it?..

-Claw-
June 20, 2004, 4:18 pm
I have same prob.. but with keys: S and X I cannot get down to shoot with LAW or camp :(
wtf is going on? reinstalling soldat + fix didin't help... and restarting soldat didn't help :(

Subslider
June 20, 2004, 6:54 pm
well claw..
as you can see in my previus posts theres not much you can do bout..

the only thing that will help so far i click ya mouse when the bug happens..

Michal Marcinkowski
June 22, 2004, 6:55 pm
It never happened to me. Maybe it's some DirectX issue. I don't know how to fix it if it is random and I can't produce the bug on my machine.

Subslider
June 22, 2004, 8:41 pm
mmm..
well it seem to only occur on reformatted systems..

i dont know what else is needed to produce the bug but ill keep an eye out for it when it happens..

Snipedmyself
June 23, 2004, 2:18 am
happens atkeast everweek:

start soldat, join game, can only walk.

things to influence:

from windows me to xp, formatted hard drive to NTFS

Happens alot but mostly when clicking a link to start soldat

i like food

edak
August 30, 2004, 11:40 pm
This happens all the time to me, but the strange thing is I hear a random beep in the sound (like the one in windoze when you press the wrong button) randomly.. I thought it had something to do with my wireless keyboard, but i guess it happens to many people. Damn this is annoying, especially when people are talking to you and you can't reply!

No Soldat and no beer make Edak something something...

N1nj@
August 31, 2004, 12:28 am
quote:but the strange thing is I hear a random beep in the sound (like the one in windoze when you press the wrong button) randomly..I think what you talking about is the sound that plays when you got hit by a grenade...not a window sound effect...

kevith
August 31, 2004, 12:50 am
I think he means the same thing that MisterX mentioned above about "hearing the Windows 'dong' sound." I can't remember exactly which error sound it is but I think it's the windows XP 'default beep' "Windows XP Ding."

Amezis
September 30, 2004, 9:15 pm
It happens to mee too, the sound is like when an error is shown in windows, and you MUST click ok, and clicking everywhere else will play a "dong" sound...

When i try to write something, or clicking two keys at same time (example: a/d (default move key) and s (to roll), it plays the dong sound too when the problem occur.

Ahhpple
October 4, 2004, 4:51 am
yea that happend to me... u cant say ne thing... u can move and shoot tho.... u also cant exit... so i hate it :|