( search forums )
M79 Jumps in B2B
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Steel
April 20, 2004, 10:45 pm
I haven't really used the M79 jump before and was experimenting with it by myself tonight and I found that i could, through a series of m79 jumps, go over the top, avoiding the instant death up there, from one side of the map to the other. Like I said, I don't M79 jump much so I could only do it about 50% of the time without dying, and if I did make it I only had a bit of health yet, but still, you come down from way up above where no one's looking. Could be very useful in a B2B standoff, come down on an unsuspecting flagger from above, which no one is expecting, with a M79 shot, or I'd prefer my knife [;)]. I was wondering if anyone else had attempted this, or just your thoughts on it.

Is there any way to get a monospaced font on my post? I tried the Font drop down list in the post, but when I clicked preview, it did nothing. Or maybe it just didn't include my leading spaces...anyone know how to fix that? Thx.

Steel

BManx2000
April 20, 2004, 10:49 pm
I think everybody aleady knows this, although using the minigun is more common.

?
April 20, 2004, 10:54 pm
Using M79 and mini is really fun. :P

Weed
April 20, 2004, 11:14 pm
btw, did you know this one: if you hit someone with an m79 bullet, HE DIES!
isnt that strange?!?!?!
i mean, why would he die at all???? thats not even close to the game's idea!!!
here by I make a request to make the guns un-hurtful for other players!

Steel
April 20, 2004, 11:58 pm
Well I've never seen anyone do it before ever

Famine
April 20, 2004, 11:59 pm
STEEL!!!! YOu are on the forums, unless this is a different steel?

poyi19920624
April 21, 2004, 12:06 am
They can't do it because they don't want to waste time on it. It is called map bug, don't abuse map bug.

kevith
April 21, 2004, 12:56 am
quote:Originally posted by Steel
Is there any way to get a monospaced font on my post? I tried the Font drop down list in the post, but when I clicked preview, it did nothing. Or maybe it just didn't include my leading spaces...anyone know how to fix that? Thx.
The forum automatically deletes extra spaces in your posts.

Steel
April 21, 2004, 12:56 am
Hiding in the poly's is a map bug, the map would be closed like run if they didn't want you going up there

BMF
April 21, 2004, 1:22 am
The obviously dont, since there is instant death on the ceiling.

Cookie.
April 21, 2004, 3:41 am
ya its not a bug... it is useful to break certain deadlocks and such and like hesaid if u arnt supose to get up there you would close it in lol

DrocK
April 21, 2004, 4:16 am
never happened to me, just seen m79 jumps on the map not abusign map bugs

BManx2000
April 23, 2004, 2:00 am
quote:Originally posted by BMF
The obviously dont, since there is instant death on the ceiling.

There is instant death on part of it and hurt on the middle of it. Explain that.

Snipedmyself
April 23, 2004, 2:14 am
wait, how long have you been playing soldat again? not to be rude but. DURRRRRRRRRRRRR. teh mini is somtimes fun but when you play public :| LAG!!!

and i think people expect it. but your health is usually very low after a couple of those m79 jumps. and if there's enough players that your team doesnt care where you are, there's probably enough players to guard teh flagger

Cookie.
April 24, 2004, 3:07 am
the hurt in the middle i believe is just so people wont acidentally fly up into that polygon which is lower than the rest of them in the roof, and kill themselves.....

Ta-2
April 24, 2004, 10:50 am
Managed to go over the roof with one m79 without touching from red to blue base :>

b00stA
April 24, 2004, 12:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by Steel

you can use the [code][/code] tag for fixed fonts, but I'm not sure about the spaces

quote:Originally posted by Ta-2
Managed to go over the roof with one m79 without touching from red to blue base :>

hehe that session was fun

Element_101
April 24, 2004, 1:26 pm
Yeah its fun to do this but using the mini is better than M79

Ivan0
April 25, 2004, 6:15 pm
anyone has some demos of the over-t3h-roof m79 jumps on b2b?

Dathker
April 25, 2004, 11:21 pm
mini is easier then m79

April 25, 2004, 11:33 pm
Mini AND m79 is easier than mini [:-spin]

Dathker
April 25, 2004, 11:37 pm
hrm...not really
but i guess it could be alittle faster

Element_101
April 26, 2004, 4:23 am
The Mini is the ultiment in it nothing beats it nothing I tell you!

Icarius
April 26, 2004, 12:34 pm
It's a map exploit. Your not ment to be able to do it... period. Why do you think it's got instant death along the top and for some reason damaging through the middle. obviously no one has bothered to put a nice bloody death poly along the top yet.

/me would also like to point out that he's the one that "re-earthed" (apparently, there was people doing it before me) this in thing in 1.1.5

b00stA
April 26, 2004, 12:44 pm
It's not a map exploit. It has instant death around it so you just can't walk all over it. Are the spikes in red/blue base in ctf_b2b a bug too? No.
Btw, the polys up there were changed, there were less instant-death polys.

Here's a crappy demo of me getting over the top in b2b..
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] b2b_m79.zip50.01 KB

Ivan0
April 26, 2004, 11:40 pm
Thanks b00stA, here are my demos after 20 minutes of training:
Download Attachment: [IMAGE] Demos.rar46.16 KB